Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
I'm not sure there is a member of the 2012 Auburn Defense that would start on the 1998 defense.

Hells yeah , give me

Leonardo Carson       
Rob Pate             
James Callier       
Brad Ware           
Charles Dorsey     
T. Pounds           
Haven Fields   
Ryan Taylor   
M. Washington 
Antwoine Nolan     
Jayson Bray     
Quinton Reese
Larry Casher
Courtney Rose   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Hells yeah , give me

Leonardo Carson       
Rob Pate             
James Callier       
Brad Ware           
Charles Dorsey     
T. Pounds           
Haven Fields   
Ryan Taylor   
M. Washington 
Antwoine Nolan     
Jayson Bray     
Quinton Reese
Larry Casher
Courtney Rose

This guy was paying attention.

But yeah, I get it, we had a few players on D.  The last 4 years is the first time in recent Auburn history when Defense was not just the weak point, but it fucking sucks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »
This guy was paying attention.

But yeah, I get it, we had a few players on D.  The last 4 years is the first time in recent Auburn history when Defense was not just the weak point, but it fucking sucks!
Which is why Coach Van Gorder was brought in, to unfuck the situation...and that takes a little time, longer than three games into his first season. Btw, it's only been the last 3 years that the defense has gotten progressively worse, since this year hasn't finished yet (facts and stuff).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:23 AM »
Which is why Coach Van Gorder was brought in, to unfuck the situation...and that takes a little time, longer than three games into his first season. Btw, it's only been the last 3 years that the defense has gotten progressively worse, since this year hasn't finished yet (facts and stuff).

No, it really doesn't.  At least not to show a hint of improvement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »
No, it really doesn't.  At least not to show a hint of improvement.
Auburn's Defense has showed improvement (small steps, but improvement nonetheless)

Thought this was interesting...
Midway through the season, Georgia's defense was struggling, surrendering passing yards at a discouraging rate and drawing a skeptical look from fans and the media.

Brian VanGorder, who was hired this year to coordinate that defense, didn't panic. He didn't question his ability, which until this year had been tested only at smaller schools. And he didn't question his players, who had proven capable earlier in the year.

He just worked. He worked because that's what he has known since he made his first honest dollar as a 9-year-old delivering papers outside Detroit, Mich.

I think the word that describes Coach VanGorder is solid," UGA coach Mark Richt said. He's about work. He's a real strong work-ethic guy. His dad was that way, and that's the way he is."

Robert and Gloria VanGorder raised four boys - all of whom were good athletes and all of whom worked their way through childhood.

He was a very difficult man," Brian VanGorder said of his father. We had to be working. If you were sitting down or laying around when he got home, it would be an ugly scene."

One of VanGorder's older brothers, Ron, played football and baseball at Eastern Michigan. His younger brother Bobby played in the CFL. Brian VanGorder was an all-conference linebacker at Wayne State.

We worked and played sports," he said. That was our life."

Brian VanGorder began work at 9 with his paper route. By age 11, he was making a buck as a caddy. Robert VanGorder was a factory worker for General Motors. He worked hard for a living and made sure his boys worked hard, too.

He stood for all the right things -- honesty, integrity and work ethic," Brian VanGorder said. I've always tried to keep those things in line in my life."

So when the Bulldogs began to get torched by the likes of Greg Zolman, Jared Lorenzen and Rex Grossman, VanGorder didn't change his style. Georgia stuck with its plan, merely shifting its focus slightly from the run to the pass.

I don't think he ever wavered from his plan," linebacker Will Witherspoon said. Maybe he did get some heat, but he never changed. I think the last few games we showed that his game plan really works."

The results were seen in the last four games of the season, when Georgia gave up just 278.8 yards and 15.8 points per game.

I think he's done outstanding," Richt said. I got what I wanted in him. We had a chance to really hit the skids, but that didn't happen. We've improved, and that's encouraging."

Georgia finished the regular season third in the SEC in scoring defense (18.9 points per game) and sixth in total defense (361.5 yards per game).

I feel good that there was steady improvement throughout the year," VanGorder said. We just had a tendency in three or four games this year to give up big plays. You always felt like there was some good defense, but we had the tendency to give up the big plays."

Georgia's defense gave up 19 plays of 25 yards or more for a total of 727 yards in its first eight games. (Georgia's defensive coaches will pick a day after the season is over to break down a tape containing all 19 of those plays. We'll sit down and watch that and think about how bad we are as coaches," VanGorder said. That's a sick day."But the Bulldogs gave up only one big play, a 37-yard touchdown run by Georgia Tech's Joe Burns, in the final three games of the season.

VanGorder has tracked it all -- the good plays and the bad -- on what he calls a quality control sheet. It's a computer printout that charts Georgia's success rate on particular down and distances, at certain field position, using certain defensive fronts and coverage schemes.

All in all, it's a very workmanlike approach.

He doesn't think about much else but working and preparing," Richt said.

http://savannahnow.com/stories/122701/SPTugafeech.shtml

Have patience, we're only 3 games into the season, no one is getting fired for this season. Btw, the 2nd season as UGA's DC VanGorder's defense was 4th nationally and 1st in the SEC in scoring D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »
And he didn't question his players, who had proven capable earlier in the year.

Whut?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
The results were seen in the last four games of the season, when Georgia gave up just 278.8 yards and 15.8 points per game.

If Auburn gets anywhere close to this over the last four games of the season, I will eat my official Pat Dye cap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
If Auburn gets anywhere close to this over the last four games of the season, I will eat my official Pat Dye cap.

Between you and RWS, I'm finding new reasons to cheer for Auburn this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »

I've been wondering what I'm going to do if Prowler is right and we end up pretty good. 

I may donate some money to a charity or something a little less horrible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »

Tood Grantham is in Athens disagreeing with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
The problem shouldn't have been fucked to begin with.

Thats the problem though dude, Chizik is a defensive coach, why the fuck has our defense gotten progressively worse (don't say Ted Roof cause Chizik hired him).  He doesn't suddenly get a pass because he has hired a good defensive coordinator...it is year 4 Prowler not year 1. We should not be having the same defensive problems year after year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
Next time one of the talking richard heads talks about how fast and awesome Oregon is remind them that it took Ted Roof with 40 days to prepare shut that shoot down like Walter Peck on the GhostBusters containment unit.

Like Mike Tyson said, “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:31:01 AM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »

Like Mike Tyson said, “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”

He also said' :

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
He also said' :

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.

Yes. Mike's criminally insane. Thankful the meds are working for him these days.

Our defense could use some of that insanity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
He also said' :

A CHA CHA CHA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »
Yes. Mike's criminally insane. Thankful the meds are working for him these days.

Our defense could use some of that insanity.

I remain a huge Mike fan.  I loved watching his bouts when he was a raging bull.  I feel sorry for him and the exploitation that he has experienced since D'Amato died.

After watching Tyson, I really had a greater appreciation for what little sanity the guy has managed to hang onto.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
I remain a huge Mike fan.  I loved watching his bouts when he was a raging bull.  I feel sorry for him and the exploitation that he has experienced since D'Amato died.

After watching Tyson, I really had a greater appreciation for what little sanity the guy has managed to hang onto.

Agreed. It's scary to think how fast he'd have died or been in prison had D'Amato not been there.

In the hey day, Tyson was such a force to watch. Though if you blinked, you missed it. That's what made it great.

Now I want to play Punchout!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:19 PM »

Funny, a younger coworker and I were discussing Tyson yesterday, he only knew the current, post crazy, subdued Tyson and asked what kind of boxer he really was.  I told him to get on YouTube and look up Tyson vs Michael Johnson.  He came back with fear in his eyes saying that he thought the guy's neck was broken.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:40:13 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Funny, a younger coworker and I were discussing Tyson yesterday, he only knew the current, post crazy, subdued Tyson and asked what kind of boxer he really was.  I told him to get on YouTube and look up Tyson vs Michael Johnson.  He came back with fear in his eyes saying that he thought the guy's neck was broken.
That guy looked scared as fuck before the bell even rang.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:01 PM »
The problem shouldn't have been fucked to begin with.

Thats the problem though dude, Chizik is a defensive coach, why the fuck has our defense gotten progressively worse (don't say Ted Roof cause Chizik hired him).  He doesn't suddenly get a pass because he has hired a good defensive coordinator...it is year 4 Prowler not year 1. We should not be having the same defensive problems year after year.
The problem was recognized last year (2009 & National Champion 2010 seasons it wasn't as evident) and it was rectified after last season with nearly all underclassmen (there wasn't any improvement from the first game to the last). You don't fire a DC the same year you win the National Championship. The move was made when it needed to be made, it's really not that fucking hard to understand. So, just put the torches down and have some damn patience (it takes longer to unlearn & then learn, than it does to start with a fresh slate and learn).

Chizik and staff gets a pass, regardless of what the ”Lynch Mob” wants.

What would be better, the fanbase sticking behind their coaches and players and realizing that the scheme change over takes time...and having a little more patience than 2-3 games or the fanbase kicking and screaming ”fire everyone and burn everything to the ground” because we haven't seen the mass improvement that we expect to see?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions