Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
The problem was recognized last year (2009 & National Champion 2010 seasons it wasn't as evident) and it was rectified after last season with nearly all underclassmen (there wasn't any improvement from the first game to the last).

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? 

Prowler, Prowler, Prowler.  I've stayed out of this and watched you flail but my lord man, were you in some kind of asylum with no television, radio, internet, phone, newspaper or anything?

IT WASN'T AS EVIDENT?

Three worst defenses in the history of Auburn football.  Pretty evident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
The problem was recognized last year (2009 & National Champion 2010 seasons it wasn't as evident) and it was rectified after last season with nearly all underclassmen (there wasn't any improvement from the first game to the last). You don't fire a DC the same year you win the National Championship. The move was made when it needed to be made, it's really not that fucking hard to understand. So, just put the torches down and have some damn patience (it takes longer to unlearn & then learn, than it does to start with a fresh slate and learn).

Chizik and staff gets a pass, regardless of what the ”Lynch Mob” wants.

What would be better, the fanbase sticking behind their coaches and players and realizing that the scheme change over takes time...and having a little more patience than 2-3 games or the fanbase kicking and screaming ”fire everyone and burn everything to the ground” because we haven't seen the mass improvement that we expect to see?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »
ARE YOU SHITTING ME? 

Prowler, Prowler, Prowler.  I've stayed out of this and watched you flail but my lord man, were you in some kind of asylum with no television, radio, internet, phone, newspaper or anything?

IT WASN'T AS EVIDENT?

Three worst defenses in the history of Auburn football.  Pretty evident.
I don't have the resources to look up every season, but I'll go ahead and guess that you're over exaggerating about that, we've had some horrible defenses, worse than the '09 & '10 ones.

So, after the first season (2009) you go ahead and can the DC? Nope. You wait until after the second one to see if the players make the necessary improvements. Well, they made some improvements from the previous season, but they help win you the National Championship. That bought the DC one more year. The third year, the defense is one of the worse in Auburn History...then you fire the DC, WHEN IT BECOMES EVIDENT THAT NO IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE.

You don't fire someone after the first season, also your first season as HC & you don't fire someone after they helped you win the National Championship. You fire them when it becomes clear that no improvement is being made after you've given them a chance. (I still remember a game last year, 5th or 6th game, when they showed the discussion between Roof and Chizik...reading lips Roof said, ”do you want me to call that play”, Chizik said, ”yes it's your job, so do your job.” I told my Dad that Roof is gone after this season.)

Anytime the HC has to step in and do the coordinator's job, then it's a good bet that the coordinator won't be there the next season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 07:44:31 AM »
I don't have the resources to look up every season, but I'll go ahead and guess that you're over exaggerating about that, we've had some horrible defenses, worse than the '09 & '10 ones.

So, after the first season (2009) you go ahead and can the DC? Nope. You wait until after the second one to see if the players make the necessary improvements. Well, they made some improvements from the previous season, but they help win you the National Championship. That bought the DC one more year. The third year, the defense is one of the worse in Auburn History...then you fire the DC, WHEN IT BECOMES EVIDENT THAT NO IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE.

You don't fire someone after the first season, also your first season as HC & you don't fire someone after they helped you win the National Championship. You fire them when it becomes clear that no improvement is being made after you've given them a chance. (I still remember a game last year, 5th or 6th game, when they showed the discussion between Roof and Chizik...reading lips Roof said, ”do you want me to call that play”, Chizik said, ”yes it's your job, so do your job.” I told my Dad that Roof is gone after this season.)

Anytime the HC has to step in and do the coordinator's job, then it's a good bet that the coordinator won't be there the next season.

No, you fire someone when you know they are not doing their job.  Roof should have been fired after year one, unless he was not in complete control of the defense.  Which leads me to your observation between Roof and Chizik, so in year three the DC is asking for permission to call a play is how I see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
No, you fire someone when you know they are not doing their job.  Roof should have been fired after year one, unless he was not in complete control of the defense.  Which leads me to your observation between Roof and Chizik, so in year three the DC is asking for permission to call a play is how I see it.
No, Chizik is telling him what play to call, I'm guessing by that point he'd seen enough and he started stepping in more than a HC should. The opponent's next play resulted in a 3rd & 12 conversion, but that's beside the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »

No.  No we haven't.

I did the numbers before and they're around here somewhere. 

NO AUBURN DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM BACK TO 1892 gave up more points than the three defenses since Chizik arrived.   Those three defenses gave up more points per game than any defense in the fucking history of Auburn football.   Take the three highest games from any year since 2009 and you can find several defenses under Dye and Tuberville that did not surrender that many points FOR AN ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON.

Coincidentally?  Iowa State under Chizik gave up more points in his time there than all but two teams (if my memory serves) in the entire morbid history of that school at the threshold of hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2012, 09:09:34 AM »
No.  No we haven't.

NO AUBURN DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM BACK TO 1892 gave up more points than the three defenses since Chizik arrived.   Those three defenses gave up more points per game than any defense in the fucking history of Auburn football.   Take the three highest games from any year since 2009 and you can find several defenses under Dye and Tuberville that did not surrender that many points FOR AN ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON.

Coincidentally?  Iowa State under Chizik gave up more points in his time there than all but two teams (if my memory serves) in the entire morbid history of that school at the threshold of hell.
But you can't win at Iowa State.  Unless your name is Paul Rhodes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
But you can't win at Iowa State.  Unless your name is Paul Rhodes

Chizik's recruits.  Duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
No.  No we haven't.

But you're forgetting that George W Bush left Chizik an impossible situation.  The war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the failed economic policies, and the general divisive nature of his regime. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:19 PM »
No.  No we haven't.

This is all that needs to be said. Hard numbers. No defense of them either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
But you're forgetting that George W Bush left Chizik an impossible situation.  The war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the failed economic policies, and the general divisive nature of his regime.

We've already got the political forum being monitored by ATTACKWATCH.  Do we really need to get them watching the football one, too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
We've already got the political forum being monitored by ATTACKWATCH.  Do we really need to get them watching the football one, too?

He railed on Bush, not Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
You don't fire someone after the first season

Major Applewhite was fired after 1 season at Alabama when they went 7-6.  Since then, they have gone 51-6.  Just sayin. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:31:18 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2012, 04:06:32 AM »
Major Applewhite was fired after 1 season at Alabama when they went 7-6.  Since then, they have gone 51-6.  Just sayin.
He wasn't the OC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2012, 04:10:58 AM »
He wasn't the OC.

Yes, he was.

Major Lee Applewhite (born July 26, 1978) is the Co-Offensive Coordinator and Running Backs Coach for the University of Texas. Prior to Texas, Applewhite served as offensive coordinator at Rice University under Todd Graham in 2006, and at the University of Alabama under Nick Saban in 2007. He was the youngest offensive coordinator among Division I-A schools at that time.

Please note the lack of name calling aimed in your direction. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
Yes, he was.

Please note the lack of name calling aimed in your direction.
No he wasn't...it was sabbin's Offense and Joe Pendry was the one pulling the strings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2012, 08:51:25 AM »
No he wasn't...it was sabbin's Offense and Joe Pendry was the one pulling the strings.

Skreetz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

Applemuffin was the OC.  Period. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »

Forgot you had bammer insider skreers too.  :rolleyes:

"OC" was on Applewhite's business cards, tinfoil hat theories aside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions