Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....

Re: Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »
Hearing we're likely to lose Lawson to Tennessee.

:sad:

Makes me think that Foster will go elsewhere too once his top linemen are bolting.

Fuck it.  Who needs defense anyway when we have Malzahn and Jeremy-Cam? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »

He was on Ïnside the Huddle" last week and I found him to be very non-committal in questions about his committment. The ever so popular "committed right now" attitude. I have more faith in CL than Liner. I think Lawson is a good kid and comes from a good home. The coaching change and the "rocky" relationship with Garner from the UGA days could be too much for us to overcome but I still believe we get him in the end. He gets an in home from Garner b4 NSD and I think he's supposed to visit AU again too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »
He was on Ïnside the Huddle" last week and I found him to be very non-committal in questions about his committment. The ever so popular "committed right now" attitude. I have more faith in CL than Liner. I think Lawson is a good kid and comes from a good home. The coaching change and the "rocky" relationship with Garner from the UGA days could be too much for us to overcome but I still believe we get him in the end. He gets an in home from Garner b4 NSD and I think he's supposed to visit AU again too.

Yup and we get his last visit right before the two day dead period leading up to NSD.  The Lawson's are playing this smart and the dad is heavily involved.  I think they actually liked the school itself more than they did Troop-a-Lupe and the McNurra's.  I don't feel so bad about Lawson.  I also think we keep Foster too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »

Well, the Clemson fans out there will beg to differ with you since he is a lock to go there.  Also, Tennessee gettin' errbody!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
Well, the Clemson fans out there will beg to differ with you since he is a lock to go there.  Also, Tennessee gettin' errbody!
So will the tarheels. Right now about 5 schools have Lawson silently committed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
So will the tarheels. Right now about 5 schools have Lawson silently committed.
I heard he plans to flick double barrell birdies at the presser and flip to Bama on NSD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
So, if my cipherin' is correct, we have 15 commits, 3 of which are already signed, Artimus-Pyle, Danzey and Bradley.  How many more can we sign....10?  What do we have and what do we need? 

RB:  Mason, Blakely, Grant, Porsche on the roster.  Artimus-Pyle signed and Wilkins verbal.  Both are 4 star guys and both bad ass.  If Wilkins sticks with us and that's what we get, I'll be happy.  If Derrick Green hops on board...all bets are off.

QB:  Wallace and Frayzha.  Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson verbals.  If both sign, we suddenly go from not having an SEC caliber QB on the roster to hold on just a damn minute.  Marshall has D1 and JUCO experience putting up sick numbers and JJ is the one guy I think can really step right in and be effective in Malzahn's system.

WR:  Our one legit pass catcher is gone.  Coates is the epitome of "potential".  Ricardo Louis is my pick to bust loose.  After that....???  Jason Smith and Earnest Robinson are verbals.  Smith may be the all-around playmaker we've been wanting for some time while Robinson is the prototype, athletic receiver at 6'2" 200.  I think we desperatley need 1-2 more.

O-Line:  With the addition of JUCO Guard, Danzey, I think the future is in good hands.  2 great recruiting classes with last year's being rated only behind Stanford's by most experts.  We have numbers and talent.  Time to develop it.

DL:  Numbers, size, great resume's...but a definite lack of anyone stepping up.  Was it coaching?  Strength and conditioning?  Lack of desire to get better?  All of the above?  Ben Bradley looks like a quick fix on paper and if we hang on to 5 star Carl Lawson and 4 star Ta'Shawn Bowers (6'5" 243 DE), we could be pretty good if the new staff gets the current group off their collective asses.  Defintely need another (a) playmaker.  Montraviosity Adams? 

LB:  McKinzey, Frost and  :facepalm:  That's it!!!  Cameron Toney looks solid but we damn sure better go nail down Foster and/or a couple more good size kids.  Maybe a JUCO?  Names?  Gurus?

DB:  I like this group.  Especially with the experience that Holsey and Jones got as true freshmen by year's end.  With the addition of Melton and JUCO bad ass, Brandon King, I think we can find a group to put on the field and be pretty damn good.  I'm hoping the new staff will get in some of these guy's heads, like Florence, and get them playing up to their potential.

ST:  Everything looks solid for this year, if Clark learns to punt again.  Signing two foosballz kickers should keep the future bright.  Long snapper worries me.  Malzahn needs to make that priority ONE!!!

Thoughts?  Names to look out for?  Most pressing needs in your opinion?       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
In my expert opinion, you give a pretty good summarization, for a novice. I don't think we keep Wilkins.

I think we do have an outside shot at Montrae. This would be HUGE. I don't know why we haven't been shown much interest by him so far but his final visit is between us and USC. We are a couple hrs drive away from his home and that has to be nice to momma. She is a big part of his decision making and she likes Dabo.

Most concerning is LB, as you point out. I say we close with Cunningham and Walton (kid from Daphne below radar) and Foster. If this happens, we're in good shape at LB for this class but still won't have much depth. I wished for some Juco LB help and we did swing and miss with the Longolionallollapalooza kid.

I think Trovon Reed and Quan Bray could step up at WR for us. Smith and Robinson may not see a redshirt though.

Our biggest needs are still on D, imo. Early on, we was rolling baby!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:07:41 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
[quote author=Snaggletiger link=topic=17686.msg305070#msg305070 date=1358278995
Thoughts?  Names to look out for?  Most pressing needs in your opinion?     
In my expert opinion, you give a pretty good summarization, for a novice. I don't think we keep Wilkins.

I think we do have an outside shot at Montrae. This would be HUGE. I don't know why we haven't been shown much interest by him so far but his final visit is between us and USC. We are a couple hrs drive away from his home and that has to be nice to momma. She is a big part of his decision making and she likes Dabo.

Most concerning is LB, as you point out. I say we close with Cunningham and Walton (kid from Daphne below radar) and Foster. If this happens, we're in good shape at LB for this class but still won't have much depth. I wished for some Juco LB help and we did swing and miss with the Longolionallollapalooza kid.

I think Trovon Reed and Quan Bray could step up at WR for us. Smith and Robinson may not see a redshirt though.

Our biggest needs are still on D, imo. Early on, we was rolling baby!

:pwnd: by the quote function.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »
At this moment in football time, I disagree with all of your opinions except for the Tommy Tuberville facepalm.

This group of kids were led by a mongoloid into the most embarrassing football season in Auburn's history.  It's one of if not the most embarrassing seasons in SEC history.  In fact, it makes the list of national most embarrassing football seasons. 

Two years removed from a national championship and we finished the season 3-9 over and 0-8 in the SEC.  We were beat 87-0 in our final two games against our biggest rivals. 

Every one of the players on our roster contributed to that.

So here's what I think based on what I've seen from our players and not from what I expect from them:

RB: Mason - works hard.  Always keeps his legs churning.  Everyone else sucks monkey balls and may not deserve an SEC scholarship.

QB: Nobody.  Our incoming signees hopefully will be a step up, but Marshall is not Newton and Johnson will be 18 years old.

WR:  Nobody.  A bunch of overhyped, underachieving boys with one player that can catch a hail mary in the back of an endzone.  I'm most excited about Robinson because he's big and strong and can run routes, but like Jeremy Johnson, he'll be 18, so how can you honestly rely on him?

O-Line:  Nobody.  We have high school talent that didn't translate to SEC talent.  They're led by an undisciplined Dismukes and complemented by confused and weak young guys. 

DL: Nobody.  If Lawson comes in, I think we'll have a legitimate pass rusher immediately, but we definitely need our JUCO guy to step up and Montravious Adams to sign.

LB: Nobody.  The worst unit in Auburn history.  The worst in the SEC.  If Foster comes, hopefully he can play college ball immediately, but I'm not banking on it. 

DB: Nobody.  No one can cover one-on-one.  No one punishes free receivers.  No one can catch. 

ST: Kicking and punting look great.  Our one bright spot.  Returns are awful.  We have nobody. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2013, 03:09:03 PM »
:pwnd: by the quote function.
I'm sorry, I didn't fuck anything up, did I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't fuck anything up, did I?

No, but you put THS in a pissy mood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »
At this moment in football time, I disagree with all of your opinions except for the Tommy Tuberville facepalm.

This group of kids were led by a mongoloid into the most embarrassing football season in Auburn's history.  It's one of if not the most embarrassing seasons in SEC history.  In fact, it makes the list of national most embarrassing football seasons. 

Two years removed from a national championship and we finished the season 3-9 over and 0-8 in the SEC.  We were beat 87-0 in our final two games against our biggest rivals. 

So here's what I think based on what I've seen from our players and not from what I expect from them:

RB: Mason - works hard.  Always keeps his legs churning.  Everyone else sucks monkey balls and may not deserve an SEC scholarship.

QB: Nobody.  Our incoming signees hopefully will be a step up, but Marshall is not Newton and Johnson will be 18 years old.

WR:  Nobody.  A bunch of overhyped, underachieving boys with one player that can catch a hail mary in the back of an endzone.  I'm most excited about Robinson because he's big and strong and can run routes, but like Jeremy Johnson, he'll be 18, so how can you honestly rely on him?

O-Line:  Nobody.  We have high school talent that didn't translate to SEC talent.  They're led by an undisciplined Dismukes and complemented by confused and weak young guys. 

DL: Nobody.  If Lawson comes in, I think we'll have a legitimate pass rusher immediately, but we definitely need our JUCO guy to step up and Montravious Adams to sign.

LB: Nobody.  The worst unit in Auburn history.  The worst in the SEC.  If Foster comes, hopefully he can play college ball immediately, but I'm not banking on it. 

DB: Nobody.  No one can cover one-on-one.  No one punishes free receivers.  No one can catch. 

ST: Kicking and punting look great.  Our one bright spot.  Returns are awful.  We have nobody.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Negative Nancy here.  I will change my tune when they prove they can play football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
No, but you put THS in a pissy mood.
All that stuff is Coach Cheeznicks fault, not mine. I only caused Dee Liner to flip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
All that stuff is Coach Cheeznicks fault, not mine. I only caused Dee Liner to flip.

I thought he hurdled that fence?  Now you're telling me he flipped over it?  That's impressive for someone who doesn't swim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2013, 03:24:13 PM »
I thought he hurdled that fence?  Now you're telling me he flipped over it?  That's impressive for someone who doesn't swim.
That is racist, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
Fuck's sake, you guys are depressing me.

I am going all WarTim on your asses and declaring that the kids already on the roster (absent a non-hacker or two) will surprise you in the fall.  The new coaching staff is going to unfuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »

Well, you thought Abraham should have told God to kiss his ass, so I disagree with your disagreement.

But seriously, folks....

I think the talent level on this team is far better than the results on the field. Not saying much, but...  The so called "experts" couldn't be wrong about all these kids.  In retrospect, I believe the previous coaching staff started to implode in 2011, the minute this program actually had to rely a good bit on coaching.  Other than Malzahn having the kids to run his system and a head coach who told the media to fuck itself in 2010, there was no coaching. But...there was leadership. Lots of it.  2010 had a huge group of experienced players who follwed lock-step with the ultimate talent and ultimate leader. Cam Newton.  Coaching didn't cause them to overcome deficits in all those games.  Looking at each other and saying, "It's time to kick some ass", was the key.

There were no leaders in 2011 and no coaching to get them on track.  As the season wore on, they did something on numerous occasions I'd never seen an AU team do....QUIT.  They quit in 2011 and damn, had they ever quit by season's end this past year.  There was something horribly wrong throughout the program and cleaning house was the right move.  No doubt.  Will a new staff and new attitude automatically make us contenders in the West?  No freakin' way.  Too many deficiencies at too many positions. But, those can be filled in short order.  I've used the example of Ole Miss...and that's sad....but a new staff came in this past year and turned a 10 loss team into a damn competitive bunch who went and won a bowl game.  I think that kind of season is attainable while we're on our way back up.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2013, 03:51:25 PM »
Fuck's sake, you guys are depressing me.

I am going all WarTim on your asses and declaring that the kids already on the roster (absent a non-hacker or two) will surprise you in the fall.  The new coaching staff is going to unfuck them.

I hope so, but I think that unfucking is going to have to be of biblical proportions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'