Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
Question.  Why is it that everyone has said, including all the recruiting gurus, that Liner has remained committed and has said absolutely nothing about his recruitment....but everyone has him flipping to Bama?  Why?

What wiregrass said.  Also there are stories of recruits saying that he has told them he is going to bama and has tried to get other guys to visit there.  Also look at what we are doing.  We just signed a DT from a JUCO and we are after his teammate who also happens to be a DT. The coaches may already know that the kid is gone and are taking steps to not get caught with their pants down like we did with Calloway and Yeldon.

On the thing from Mike Ferrell.  That is almost like the Lee Corso kiss of death.  He also said we weren't getting several over the past few years and has been wrong more than he has been right.  Not saying we are keeping those guys but he is pretty bad at predicting recruits.  Pretty sure he had Hosley, Young and Louis going elsewhere last year too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
Stupid and obvious question, but I'll axe anyway...or maybe just say it.  If you've switched and you're telling players you've swithced and you're trying to recruit others to Bama...then just say it and be done with it.  I get that these are just 17 and 18 year old kids that are probably overwhelmed to an extent with the whole process.  It's the pre-madonna, hat switch, press conference, mysterious twats on the tweeters that piss me off.  Not saying Liner's a bad guy or actually doing any of that.  I actually wish they'd change signing day to a signing deadline and allow colleges to go ahead and get ink on paper whenever they want up until the deadline.  You want to play for us?  Cool, grab your moms and your pops and you guys sign right here.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
Stupid and obvious question, but I'll axe anyway...or maybe just say it.  If you've switched and you're telling players you've swithced and you're trying to recruit others to Bama...then just say it and be done with it.  I get that these are just 17 and 18 year old kids that are probably overwhelmed to an extent with the whole process.  It's the pre-madonna, hat switch, press conference, mysterious twats on the tweeters that piss me off.  Not saying Liner's a bad guy or actually doing any of that.  I actually wish they'd change signing day to a signing deadline and allow colleges to go ahead and get ink on paper whenever they want up until the deadline.  You want to play for us?  Cool, grab your moms and your pops and you guys sign right here.

That's my big issue with Liner. It's not a secret if it's not a secret.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
His dad has a cool stache.

By the way, has our little "Fear the stache" emoticon become somewhat ear-relevant?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 05:28:54 PM »
It is widely believed that this is led by the great Satan. He tells the kids to do this. I believe it is so. If you followed the TJ case closely, he was AU all the way up until the dead period. Saban didn't want Trooper getting in his ear. Also, it has more effect if you can pick up a great player and prevent your rival from having time to replace the one that you just stole.

Cheap recruiting tactics? I say yes cause I hate him with every fiber of my being. Effective? Absodamlutely. It hurts much more. But at least this time, he forecast his right hook. Like AUT1 sed, we are looking elsewhere, so we aren't gonna sit and do nothing this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 05:40:57 PM »
It is widely believed that this is led by the great Satan. He tells the kids to do this. I believe it is so. If you followed the TJ case closely, he was AU all the way up until the dead period. Saban didn't want Trooper getting in his ear. Also, it has more effect if you can pick up a great player and prevent your rival from having time to replace the one that you just stole.

Cheap recruiting tactics? I say yes cause I hate him with every fiber of my being. Effective? Absodamlutely. It hurts much more. But at least this time, he forecast his right hook. Like AUT1 sed, we are looking elsewhere, so we aren't gonna sit and do nothing this time.

#Whatafuckinglowlifethatsabanis

Brian Duckworth ‏@BrianDuckworth

“@Smuphy: I really think that Derrick Green could commit to Auburn this weekend.” Big if so
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:42:31 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 07:51:21 AM »
IMO, if Liner was going to commit to uat, he would've already done it a month or so ago. He's either trolling the fuck outta the bammers or he's trying to get them to anty up to get his signature.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
I think it's important to remember that Rivals, Scout, and 247 do not have access to the true commitment list.  They keep up with commitments based on what the kids say, and as of right, Dee Liner is committed to Auburn and has never reneged on his original commitment.  They can't write, "Well it looks like Liner isn't really coming to Auburn, so we're going to drop him off of our list."

I think Liner is pulling this stunt to make Auburn look bad in the public eye when he switches.  Our coaches may not even consider him a commitment but other recruits get on Rivals and see he's a commitment.  Fans of other teams think he's a commitment.  Hell, even many of our fans think he's a commitment.

So when he does pull the switch, comedians and spin doctors become vocal and our coaches probably don't really care. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »
I think it's important to remember that Rivals, Scout, and 247 do not have access to the true commitment list.  They keep up with commitments based on what the kids say, and as of right, Dee Liner is committed to Auburn and has never reneged on his original commitment.  They can't write, "Well it looks like Liner isn't really coming to Auburn, so we're going to drop him off of our list."

I think Liner is pulling this stunt to make Auburn look bad in the public eye when he switches.  Our coaches may not even consider him a commitment but other recruits get on Rivals and see he's a commitment.  Fans of other teams think he's a commitment.  Hell, even many of our fans think he's a commitment.

So when he does pull the switch, comedians and spin doctors become vocal and our coaches probably don't really care.
Yes. This happens in recruiting. I hope Prowler is right and he ends up in the fold but based on all of the red flags, I've prepared myself emotionally on Liner and won't be demoralized if he goes to Bama. We will be o.k. at D line regardless. We have some guys there to work with. It's LB I'm most concerned with. Foster and Cunningham would be good gets.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:18:39 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »
BTW Prowler--Do you think that the DT commit that just left Bama for FSU Demarcus Walker will play into this? It would seem to me that it either has or will. He's another highly ranked DT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
I don't read much into us targeting other D-Linemen based on the assumption that Liner probably won't come to AU.  I tend to believe (And this is just me babbling out loud) that we would have signed a 4 star 315 pound JUCO lineman and gone after his teammate regardless of whether Liner and Lawson were solid or not.  Let's face it, the 4 guys in our rotation now, Whittaker, Wright, Blackson and Carter, got pushed around like high school kids for 12 games this season.  Regardless of a kid's high school accolades, you can't rest your hopes on a true freshman coming in to the SEC West and making a difference right away.

It's obvious that this staff wants to get better much sooner than later and they're willing to get more than the average number of JUCO kids to make that happen.

Oh...and to follow up...I AM hoping Jeremy Johnson will come in and make a difference right away.  Someone will have to in order for us to be competitive next season. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:51:52 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
I don't read much into us targeting other D-Linemen based on the assumption that Liner probably won't come to AU.  I tend to believe (And this is just me babbling out loud) that we would have signed a 4 star 315 pound JUCO lineman and gone after his teammate regardless of whether Liner and Lawson were solid or not.  Let's face it, the 4 guys in our rotation now, Whittaker, Wright, Blackson and Carter, got pushed around like high school kids for 12 games this season.  Regardless of a kid's high school accolades, you can't rest your hopes on a true freshman coming in to the SEC West and making a difference right away.

It's obvious that this staff wants to get better much sooner than later and they're willing to get more than the average number of JUCO kids to make that happen.

Oh...and to follow up...I AM hoping Jeremy Johnson will come in and make a difference right away.  Someone will have to in order for us to be competitive next season.

I agree to an extent, but if you get the JUCO guys who can help immediately it softens the blow of losing the HS target and it gives you another year to go out and get another from the next class.

I am not ready to give up on Wallace yet.  I gave up on Chris Todd and when Gus came in as OC he broke records.  Chris Freaking Todd broke records!  Maybe the magic can be worked on Wallace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
I agree to an extent, but if you get the JUCO guys who can help immediately it softens the blow of losing the HS target and it gives you another year to go out and get another from the next class.

I am not ready to give up on Wallace yet.  I gave up on Chris Todd and when Gus came in as OC he broke records.  Chris Freaking Todd broke records!  Maybe the magic can be worked on Wallace.

I admit I was pleasantly surprised by his play.  He was one of maybe a handful of players that were even giving close to 100% by the time he took over at QB.  I think the kid could be solid.  I think JJ can be special.  Maybe not right away but I'm fine with breaking a few guys in next year and playing for the future.  I've always got 1 or 2 incoming guys that I get hyped up on, thinking they're going to step right in and kick ass, based on HS stats and film.  And it normally turns out I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground.  I've watched a ton of film on Johnson (The player, not dicks) and not only is a he physical freak, but he seems to fit right in with Malzahn's style of play.  Distributes the ball all around, makes all the throws and is a threat to run when needed.

That being said, he'll prolly wind up robbing liquor store.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »

I really hope that the pushing around had more to do with the apparent lack of physical practices, lack of intensity in the weight room and/or coaching. These guys were major targets for big D1 schools and I don't think they were all wrong. The new staff should able to make an immediate impact with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »
I really hope that the pushing around had more to do with the apparent lack of physical practices, lack of intensity in the weight room and/or coaching. These guys were major targets for big D1 schools and I don't think they were all wrong. The new staff should able to make an immediate impact with them.

See, this is what I'm hoping for.  I believe there was something horribly wrong throughout the entire program which led to a total lack of discipline or motivation for the players. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to see someone like Gabe Wright, who came in with all the credentials, had become a slob.  Seriously!  I actually think the kid played pretty hard by season's end and was one of the few making an occasional play.  But I stood next to the guy when he came in as a freshman and thought, get this kid in the weightroom and he's going to be unstoppable.  He couldn't keep his jersey down over his gut this season.  He was flabby and grossly out of shape.

I'm hoping a new regime, a new attitude and some serious discipline will get these guys back on track.  At least the ones who want it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
See, this is what I'm hoping for.  I believe there was something horribly wrong throughout the entire program which led to a total lack of discipline or motivation for the players. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to see someone like Gabe Wright, who came in with all the credentials, had become a slob.  Seriously!  I actually think the kid played pretty hard by season's end and was one of the few making an occasional play.  But I stood next to the guy when he came in as a freshman and thought, get this kid in the weightroom and he's going to be unstoppable.  He couldn't keep his jersey down over his gut this season.  He was flabby and grossly out of shape.

I'm hoping a new regime, a new attitude and some serious discipline will get these guys back on track.  At least the ones who want it.

FUCK YOU GENE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Yoda

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »
Heard on the radio this morning that Liner made a twatter post that he just got off the phone with Malzahn and felt better about his decision.  Who knows what will happen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »

We still need a dual threat QB and I'm hoping Wallace can be that person. The only problem I see is having a backup if Wallace gets hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions