Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Commitment #6, DE Carl Lawson....
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
Heard on the radio this morning that Liner made a twatter post that he just got off the phone with Malzahn and felt better about his decision.  Who knows what will happen

There is no date stamp on that tweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »
Heard on the radio this morning that Liner made a twatter post that he just got off the phone with Malzahn and felt better about his decision.  Who knows what will happen
You want answers? You want answers? You can't handle the truth!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
There is no date stamp on that tweet.
It was made within the first two weeks of Malzahn's hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 05:53:57 PM »
See, this is what I'm hoping for.  I believe there was something horribly wrong throughout the entire program which led to a total lack of discipline or motivation for the players. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to see someone like Gabe Wright, who came in with all the credentials, had become a slob.  Seriously!  I actually think the kid played pretty hard by season's end and was one of the few making an occasional play.  But I stood next to the guy when he came in as a freshman and thought, get this kid in the weightroom and he's going to be unstoppable.  He couldn't keep his jersey down over his gut this season.  He was flabby and grossly out of shape.

I'm hoping a new regime, a new attitude and some serious discipline will get these guys back on track.  At least the ones who want it.
First day of workouts today and players can barely walk (one player stated something about being afraid to drive because his legs were jello). I'm still thinking there'll be maybe 8 more players quit before the season starts...maybe more than that, wouldn't surprise me. That's what happens when you don't have discipline in the weightroom for 2-3 years. Then you bring in a Drill Sergeant to whip them back in shape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
First day of workouts today and players can barely walk (one player stated something about being afraid to drive because his legs were jello). I'm still thinking there'll be maybe 8 more players quit before the season starts...maybe more than that, wouldn't surprise me. That's what happens when you don't have discipline in the weightroom for 2-3 years. Then you bring in a Drill Sergeant to whip them back in shape.

Hoo.  Rah. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
BTW Prowler--Do you think that the DT commit that just left Bama for FSU Demarcus Walker will play into this? It would seem to me that it either has or will. He's another highly ranked DT.
That opens up the pocket book for uat to ”up the anty” on Liner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
Hoo.  Rah.

"Come September 1st, I don't think any of us will be tired if we go to triple OT the way Coach Russell has been training us." - Arky St. player (2012).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:58 PM »
"Come September 1st, I don't think any of us will be tired if we go to triple OT the way Coach Russell has been training us." - Arky St. player (2012).

Let's just hope that translates into less of what they had and more of what they need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »
Then you bring in a Drill Sergeant to whip them back in shape.

Great, so we'll still be pussies next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »
Lawd, I hope we keep Lawson. that is all.

Today at the AU Athletic Facility:

Jerraud Powers @JPowers25

Cam got this entire room smelling like garbage truck juice....maaaann it's too hectic and he keep doing the "stink stink" face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:23 AM »

Cam got this entire room smelling like garbage truck juice....maaaann it's too hectic and he keep doing the "stink stink" face
Jerraud has never been confused as a Rhodes Scholar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:49 AM »

This ladies and gentlemen is how a hustle is performed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »

This is AUSOME! 

How else could Cam leave a trace of himself in the athletic department?  Pee and poo go down the toilet, but fart particles can linger and when our players breathe in Cammy Cam fart particles, look out SEC.  We comin'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »

:fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
I admit I was pleasantly surprised by his play.  He was one of maybe a handful of players that were even giving close to 100% by the time he took over at QB.  I think the kid could be solid.  I think JJ can be special.  Maybe not right away but I'm fine with breaking a few guys in next year and playing for the future.  I've always got 1 or 2 incoming guys that I get hyped up on, thinking they're going to step right in and kick ass, based on HS stats and film.  And it normally turns out I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground.  I've watched a ton of film on Johnson (The player, not richards) and not only is a he physical freak, but he seems to fit right in with Malzahn's style of play.  Distributes the ball all around, makes all the throws and is a threat to run when needed.

That being said, he'll prolly wind up robbing liquor store.
To add to the growing list of indicators about Liner, he made his visit to UAT this wknd and posted on his tweeterz "Never Again". His entourage, which included some of his fam from what I heard was in Bama gear. To be expected on a visit there BUT I read that this was like his 3rd wknd in a row going to Tuscaloser. I hope that's not true. Anyways, I writed him off a long time ago so's I got no investment in it on signing day. Only upside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
Apparently, I pushed him over the edge with the above post. Sorry guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Apparently, I pushed him over the edge with the above post. Sorry guys.

Way to go, Dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
To add to the growing list of indicators about Liner, he made his visit to UAT this wknd and posted on his tweeterz "Never Again". His entourage, which included some of his fam from what I heard was in Bama gear. To be expected on a visit there BUT I read that this was like his 3rd wknd in a row going to Tuscaloser. I hope that's not true. Anyways, I writed him off a long time ago so's I got no investment in it on signing day. Only upside.

Can we afford some chop-blocks after we are on top, by say 24 points, in the 2013 IB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
Hearing we're likely to lose Lawson to Tennessee.

:sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions