Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Foo Review

Re: Foo Review
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
I wouldn't take it that far.....he is Canadian.

Why do you hate Rush?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
Why do you hate Rush?

Fly by Night - Woo!

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »
Why do you hate Rush?

LOve Rush, just can't say they are the best ever......has anything from Canada ever been considered the greatest ever other than Gretzky?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
LOve Rush, just can't say they are the best ever......has anything from Canada ever been considered the greatest ever other than Gretzky?

eh?

I know there's a ton of Rush fans out there and I do appreciate their work.  Alex Lifeson has always been a top flight guitarist and certainly one of the most unique guitar players with his own particular style. And Neil Peart is drumming God to many.  I loved the straightforward rock on their debut album but honestly, I can only take so much of Geddy Lee's voice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »
eh?

I know there's a ton of Rush fans out there and I do appreciate their work.  Alex Lifeson has always been a top flight guitarist and certainly one of the most unique guitar players with his own particular style. And Neil Peart is drumming God to many.  I loved the straightforward rock on their debut album but honestly, I can only take so much of Geddy Lee's voice.

If you choose not to decide about Rush, you still have made a choice!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
If you choose not to decide about Rush, you still have made a choice!

:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
eh?

I personally consider Pearly a top 3 all time drummer. Up there with Bonham and Moon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
I personally consider Pearly a top 3 all time drummer. Up there with Bonham and Moon.

I agree totally.

And wasn't Animal from the Muppets based on Moon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
I agree totally.

And wasn't Animal from the Muppets based on Moon?

I thought it was based on Pert while having an epileptic seizure.  Well before Animal was put down.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5718287952076253583#

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:13:02 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
Last night I was flipping stations in the car and heard Black Friday from Steely Dan.  I hadn't heard that in forever and had forgotten how hot the guitar work was in that song.  Got home and started pulling up SD videos.  What an incredibly unique band and how freakin' ugly is Donald Fagen?  Jeenyus.....but damn!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
Foo Fighters were pretty good at the Hangout Music Fest. They had to fill in some for Cee-Lo because he was late. They played for about half of his set, then did their whole set later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2011, 12:48:25 PM »
Foo Fighters were pretty good at the Hangout Music Fest. They had to fill in some for Cee-Lo because he was late. They played for about half of his set, then did their whole set later.

When I read that, it reminded me of the Metallica documentary that was on a few years back.  What always stood out to me was the incident where Metallica was opening for Guns-N-Roses and Hetfield got too close to the pyrotechnics and got fried.  They rush the guy to the hospital with burns...however...GnR refuses to go on...better yet...Axle Grease says his throat is scratchy and just doesn't feel it.  The crowd rioted and I think it got pretty bad.  I remember the lead guitar player for Metallica (Forget his name) saying how they had a chance to come on and save the day but Rose came up with a lame excuse not to play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Saw that same program.  What stuck out to me was one of them saying "some of our fans are saying we are sellouts.  Well they are right.  We have sold out.  EVERY DAMN SEAT WHERE WE PLAY."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 12:58:10 PM »
Saw that same program.  What stuck out to me was one of them saying "some of our fans are saying we are sellouts.  Well they are right.  We have sold out.  EVERY DAMN SEAT WHERE WE PLAY."

Weerrrd.  Never been a huge fan of their early speed metal stuff but then, I mildly detest speed metal of all sorts.  Love teh heavy rock and roll but speed metal just makes my brain hurt.  I became a much bigger fan of their music once they changed direction for lack of a better term.  Sad but True is still my fav.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »
Weerrrd.  Never been a huge fan of their early speed metal stuff but then, I mildly detest speed metal of all sorts.  Love teh heavy rock and roll but speed metal just makes my brain hurt.  I became a much bigger fan of their music once they changed direction for lack of a better term.  Sad but True is still my fav.

I never thought they sold out, but I like the older stuff better.  When I hear "Four Horsemen", "Master of Puppets", or "Seek and Destroy" I just blast it out the speakers.

And both of the above quotes were from Behind the Music if I remember correctly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »

<3 metal (Motorhead, Metallica, Shinedown, Megadeath...etc..etc) only if I am pissed off at something or the world.  Don't ask, but "Concrete Jungle" "Suicide Messiah" and "Spuerterrorizer" by Black Label Society can put me in a really great mood.   Now Red Dirt and Southern Rock is my favorite genre.  Psychobilly is fun as well.

Kirk Hammett is the lead guitar player that you saw.  Favorite Metallica song is "Fade To Black".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:20:30 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Kirk Hammett....ahh...brain fart on my part. 

Quick story.  One night years ago I'm up watching Letterman.  He comes back from commercial and says, "Hey kids, do ya' love the rock and roll?  Well wake the neighbors, here's Megadeth"  I perked up as they ripped into the one Megadeth tune that I can turn the volume up to 11 on everytime.

Train of Consequences.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
Train of Consequences.

Really good song.   

What are some of your favorites? I don't think that you have said that I can remember.  Pretty obvious by my avatar who mine is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
Really good song.   

What are some of your favorites? I don't think that you have said that I can remember.  Pretty obvious by my avatar who mine is.

I thought that was you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »
I thought that was you.

Yeah, if that were me, I would be dead......and if I were that good, I doubt I would be posting on the X.  Would more than likely be recovering form a hard night of booze, pills, hookers and blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions