Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Foo Review

Re: Foo Review
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2011, 02:06:46 PM »
Would more than likely be recovering form a hard night of booze, pills, hookers and blow.

Sani calls that "Thursday morning."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »
Sani calls that "Thursday morning."

Uncle Sani is hardcore.  I want to be like him when I grow up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2011, 05:55:11 PM »
What are some of your favorites? I don't think that you have said that I can remember.  Pretty obvious by my avatar who mine is.

I'm shocked you've never mentioned anything when I say I'm listening to Jupiter Coyote.  Figured they'd be right up your alley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2011, 06:12:42 PM »
I'm shocked you've never mentioned anything when I say I'm listening to Jupiter Coyote.  Figured they'd be right up your alley.

Actually, I have noticed it and meant to say something one time.   They are solid, I haven't thought about them in a while.

Ship In A Bottle - I wore that one out in 93 or 94'ish
Real Thing- I wore that song out in 96-97.

Rose Hill was another good one from them.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:14:02 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »
Couple of good videos with Doc Watson.

Doc warming up before a show with "Shady Grove".  Something about an old man singing makes a song sound even more haunting (see Johnny Cash and "Hurt").  At the end, "Don't ask me how I learned to pick, it took too many years."

Doc when he was young, "Big River Blues"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Bumpage.....

Today I pimp out a friends little sister.  I mean, her band, not actually her.....although she is pretty damned hot imo, kinda makes me wish I would have been a little nice to that brat that used to aggravate us.

Here is their website.  http://www.keycommittee.com/  can d/l it for free.

Her brothers bad is pretty solid too.  http://www.anchorthieves.com/  same, you can d/l it for free. 

Check them out and report back.....Snaggle, you never did review any of the vids posted in this thread.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »
pictures motherfucker.  post them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2011, 01:48:22 PM »
pictures mothereffer.  post them.

Hang on!  I can't access photobucket or anything like that at work.....give me a sec.  I may have to attach them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
Snaggle, I know I mentioned him somewhere in this thread, but you were asking about good guitarist, did you check out Dan Auerbach (Black Keys)?  If not here:

I thought of another one, Xan McCurdy from Cake....Seriously good.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:46:26 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
I thought of another one, Xan McCurdy from Cake....Seriously good.

:thumsup:

Love the licks on "Stickshifts and Safetybelts".  Has a unique sound that he pulls from his guitar.

IMO Cake was one of the more original bands that broke out in the '90's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »
:thumsup:

Love the licks on "Stickshifts and Safetybelts".  Has a unique sound that he pulls from his guitar.

IMO Cake was one of the more original bands that broke out in the '90's.

I will agree with that, they have their own sound and have done covers and it made it their own.  Give me McCurdy's skill set and I will call it a day.

His gear:

Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean guitar
Guild X170 guitar
Fender Blues DeVille amp (miked with Audix D-3)
Pro-Co Ratt
MXR Phase 90
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
More for Snaggle

Xan McCurdy

For AU_Tiger_2000

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
Awesome!  Rock-a-billy guitar on a song about a Chevy Malibu.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2011, 11:55:27 PM »
They Black Keys have that raw sound and the videos are gold.
The Big Come Up  It has a nice beat and is impossible to dance to...someone said.

also:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »
They Black Keys have that raw sound and the videos are gold.

Agree, at times I think they have a heavy Hendrix influence then at other times I hear a delta Mississippi Fred kind of sound.   They are raw, but a damn good act. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
On the video that you posted.  Always been a fan of Jack White.....he can shread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »
For some reason when I was watching Conan last night, I remembered the name of a band and song that I saw maybe 5 or so years ago on his show. I immedietly picked up the phone and youtubed it. Yeah...I still like it...it is bad ass...

The drums in this song kicks my ass...

On Conan...

The official video

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »
Bumpage.....

Today I pimp out a friends little sister.  I mean, her band, not actually her.....although she is pretty damned hot imo, kinda makes me wish I would have been a little nice to that brat that used to aggravate us.

Here is their website.  http://www.keycommittee.com/  can d/l it for free.

Her brothers bad is pretty solid too.  http://www.anchorthieves.com/  same, you can d/l it for free. 

Check them out and report back.....Snaggle, you never did review any of the vids posted in this thread.

Someone needs to work on their website.  Very awkward navigation.  Also, someone needs to add her picture to the website if she's hot.  Helps with publicity and all.  And spank bank material.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
Someone needs to work on their website.  Very awkward navigation.  Also, someone needs to add her picture to the website if she's hot.  Helps with publicity and all.  And spank bank material.

Agree, Agree, Agree, Agree and Agree.   

For some reason it seems to be everyone other than the OP that is updating this thread.........

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
Since this thread started off talking about the Foo Fighters, Thursday at 2:30 PM their Wembley concert will be on Palladia (369 on Dish network).  Also if you check PBS and Ovation (157 Dish Network) you can catch some damn good concerts and documentaries.   

PBS tonight at Midnight, Austin City Limits, The Drive By Truckers and Ryan Bingham. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions