Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Foo Review

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Foo Review
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »
For some reason when I was watching Conan last night, I remembered the name of a band and song that I saw maybe 5 or so years ago on his show. I immedietly picked up the phone and youtubed it. Yeah...I still like it...it is bad ass...

The drums in this song kicks my ass...

The official video was a lot better, hard for me to hear the one from Conan.  Drumer is good.  I have a friend that plays in a metal band around the Shoals and you never think about how much he sets the tempo, rhythm and other things he does.  If he fucks up, it throws everyone else off.

Also, the channels I listed in the previous post have had some really good shows on the past few days.

The Killers, STP, Johnny Cash documentaries and more.   :thumsup:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:19:42 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
Since Snaggle isn't pimping out music now days, here are a couple of videos of someone who I think is damn good.  I present to you Gary Clark Jr.  Solid blues guitar chops and a voice to boot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »
 I'm sorry, what?  I was in the bathroom.

I like Roxette
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »
I'm sorry, what?  I was in the bathroom.

I like Roxette

I am convinced that you will never give a review of anything we post in here, so, those videos were not for you!   :dance2:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
I am convinced that you will never give a review of anything we post in here, so, those videos were not for you!   :dance2:

What videos?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »
Any bass players out there?  Larry Graham of Sly and the Family Stone and Graham Central Station.
Just fast forward to about 1:08.

http://youtu.be/ipjTvRe7-Zg?t=59s
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2011, 01:09:12 AM »
Any bass players out there?  Larry Graham of Sly and the Family Stone and Graham Central Station.
Just fast forward to about 1:08.

http://youtu.be/ipjTvRe7-Zg?t=59s

Love some bass.  Les Claypool is unreal!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2011, 01:35:47 PM »
Love some bass.  Les Claypool is unreal!

I see your Les and raise you a Victor Wooten.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »
I see your Les and raise you a Victor Wooten.

Game. Set. Match.

I fell in love with Victor Wooten when I heard him play with Dave. This is a great cover they sang and they jam pretty good starting at about 4:30. At 7:00, Victor starts and does some funky ass crazy good shit at about 7:30.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:07:10 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »
The talk yesterday about Nickel Creek got me looking around last night to check on what the former members are doing.  Came across something I will be following up on when I saw Chris Thile had formed a band...(or joined a band, don't tknow which) called Punch Brothers.  It was late and I was ready to hit the rack so I only saw two videos of them.  Both were "live" songs.  Not in concert but like standing around in a studio.

Anyway, it's a collection of bluegrass instruments playing their own unique style of songs, which is what appealed to me so much with NC.  Mandolin, banjo, acoustic guitar, fiddle and stand up bass....the standards.  It's one of those sounds that may only appeal to a very small percentage of the people but I loved the hell out of both songs.  Incredible musicians.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions