That was last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2011 Spring Football
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
Damn...we have always just used NAS (Need a Sponsor).  I like ATM much better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
He was always right there with the WR as he got burned.  He covers well, but doesn't react well to the ball when running in man coverage.  I hope this move puts him in a more natural fit position.  Hopefully the Rose kid coming up can fill in at CB.  Bell and another kid whose name escapes me will play too.

What about Mike McNeal...oh wait
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 04:35:55 PM »
What about Mike McNeal...oh wait

Didn't he transfer to Texas Tech? <insert "guns up" joke here>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
Didn't he transfer to Texas Tech? <insert "guns up" joke here>

He's transferring to Alabama State...

Department of Corrections.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »
He's transferring to Alabama State...

Department of Corrections.

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2011/mar/23/au-notes-mike-pelton-must-protect-house-edition-ar-1616957/

Strong...

"I know how to be an Auburn defensive lineman," Pelton said. "I know what it takes because I played here. I know how to be an Auburn man. Because I am an Auburn man. The expectation, I understand, and I expect the same thing that everyone expects out of Auburn."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2011, 08:23:03 PM »
Strong...

"I know how to be an Auburn defensive lineman," Pelton said. "I know what it takes because I played here. I know how to be an Auburn man. Because I am an Auburn man. The expectation, I understand, and I expect the same thing that everyone expects out of Auburn."

Yeah, I got a woody when I read that. Welcome home Master P.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:11 AM »
This year, we'll have a Top 15 Pass Defense.  Rush D will be around the 50-60s.  We're going to miss Zach Clayton more than we will Fairley.  The OL will be our Strength, Coach Grimes will make damn sure of that.  WR corps will take a step back from last year, but DeAngelo Benton, Blake, Carr, Reed, Coates and Lutz will be Bigtime Players.  RBs, provided no injuries occur, will be stronger than last year.  The Offense will be very similar to the one we ran with Chris Todd.  LBs will be faster, more athletic than last year's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:23 AM »
This year, we'll have a Top 15 Pass Defense.  Rush D will be around the 50-60s.  We're going to miss Zach Clayton more than we will Fairley.  The OL will be our Strength, Coach Grimes will make damn sure of that.  WR corps will take a step back from last year, but DeAngelo Benton, Blake, Carr, Reed, Coates and Lutz will be Bigtime Players.  RBs, provided no injuries occur, will be stronger than last year.  The Offense will be very similar to the one we ran with Chris Todd.  LBs will be faster, more athletic than last year's.

Non sense. 3-9 best case scenario. Damn you and your optimism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2011, 10:30:24 AM »

Damn boys...I had no idea....New Orleans here we come!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »

I would wager that having a top 15 pass D, with a middle of the pack rush D, just about cannot happen. 

And no, Fairley will be missed more.  Clayton will to, and no doubt he helped make Fairley, but make no mistake, Fairley is the man
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
I would wager that having a top 15 pass D, with a middle of the pack rush D, just about cannot happen. 

And no, Fairley will be missed more.  Clayton will to, and no doubt he helped make Fairley, but make no mistake, Fairley is the man

I thought we'd have seen more production out of Clayton and Blanc with all the attention that had to be given Fairley.  Nick just blew shit up. 

The LSU game had my all time favorite Fairley moment and was when I finally said, yep..this guy is fo realz.  LSU was driving and there was a play that Fairley was chasing around the right side.  He came up holding his arm after the play.  I recall thinking how this ain't good at all. He looks like he may have torn his shoulder up or something.  He can barely make it back to the huddle and they start to run someone in for him.  He waved them off, got in his stance and promptly blew up the running back behind the line. 

I snickered
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »

Not without a consistent pass rush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »
Not without a consistent pass rush.

Yep, and not if opponents are in 2nd/3rd and less than 5 due to sucky run D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
I get the feeling Pelton isn't going to allow a sucky run D.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:18:15 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
I get the feeling Pelton isn't going to allow a sucky run D.

Players make plays.  Coaching and off season workouts turns a 2009 Fairley in to a 2010 version, IF the talent is there to begin with.   Can Whitaker be the next run stuffer?  Anybody else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »
Players make plays.  Coaching and off season workouts turns a 2009 Fairley in to a 2010 version, IF the talent is there to begin with.   Can Whitaker be the next run stuffer?  Anybody else?

Looking back at the Spring Roster, I see Jamar Travis, Kenneth Carter and Derrick Lykes also listed as DL.
I think I remember hearing Carters name several times last year for blowing up some plays. The good thing is that Rocker kept a good rotation for all of his guys to get playing time.

Another thing I noticed from the roster is we seem to be top heavy on DE. I'm wondering if one or two of these guys will move to the interior. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »

I think Whitaker can, I also think that Wright comes in a make an immediate impact.  Hoping for Big KC to be able to come in and play.  I think we are ok on the ends with Lemonier, Nosa and Ford.  LB scares me still.  We are going to miss Bynes leadership really bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan