Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chip Kelly: AP Coach of the Year

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Chip Kelly: AP Coach of the Year
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
IMO Scarbinsky is the only true two-sport journalist in this state and of a dying breed. He actually writes objectively.The others are merely credentialed bloggers. Scarb is good at his craft. I don't have to agree with him to respect his work or his take on things. He could do better with his skills but has settled here and slums it in the UA, AU, UAB fray. Just sayin.

Is there a statute of limitations on hammer threats?
He sort of does the same thing Finebaum does, except minus all of the bullshit. One day he plays to one fanbase, the next he will play to the other. I do agree with Chizad in the sense that he is about middle-of-the-road as you will get in this state, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »
Translation: Auburn has the hammer coming.
M.C.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
And it was only a few months ago you were sending hate e-mail to him about how dumb he was....
Link?

I think you're thinking of our supposed beat writer Evan Woodberry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
He sort of does the same thing Finebaum does, except minus all of the bullshit. One day he plays to one fanbase, the next he will play to the other. I do agree with Chizad in the sense that he is about middle-of-the-road as you will get in this state, though.
Okay if we take this as a story, Finebaum has to be the reining hero of his own radio program. In order to achieve this he has to have a villian, that being Auburn. Over the years he has a working model for what works and what doesn't. On rare occaisions (extremely rare) F-bomb will tilt toward AU but only to get the Bamers hostile while reeling some unsuspecting Auburn fringe into his web but it is short-lived...about one afternoon. Finebaum was shutout by Tubs plain and simple, and he will not pay homage to Auburn in any way because they will not roll out the red carpet for him. It's actually better this way in my mind because he is basically a mouthpiece for Bamer football and when all is said and done he is only knowledgeable of sports in a gossip sense unlike Scarb who actually KNOWS the sports, particularly roundball. So why would Auburn open its doors for a propagandist gathering anything to use at a later date. He has access, it's just limited due to his past actions IMO. And Woodberry can sit in with players and coaches so how can this guy be so clueless as to his place as a beatwriter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions