Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2011 Spring Football

jmar

Re: 2011 Spring Football
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
It's the fact that we appear to be about as void of playmakers as when Todd took over. We leaned on Tate then but have much more to work with though it seems that only Blake, Lutz and Dyer are the go-to guys and I say that because most of the talent is situational ie. Carr=long ball, OMac=corner, Reed=Wildcat, Phillips=bulldozer etc...none are more than 15 plays per 8 possession guys.
But this was how it was pieced together by Malzahn, and I'm sure he will make it work out. It just looks like he's casting for a play about football. Now who's this Shakespear kid?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »
Oh I see...teasing as sport. Well for your information mister it takes more than 22 to make a team. I'll spot you 24 smart guy. Any teamly concerns?

Great concerns!  But, unlike the bammers who chirp mindless bullshit and try to convince everybody that no national championship team ever lost a core of great players before, or that it's unusual to have to rebuild with unknown players from time to time...well...it's college, they graduate.  Some get arrested.  We'll field a team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
It's the fact that we appear to be about as void of playmakers as when Todd took over. We leaned on Tate then but have much more to work with though it seems that only Blake, Lutz and Dyer are the go-to guys and I say that because most of the talent is situational ie. Carr=long ball, OMac=corner, Reed=Wildcat, Phillips=bulldozer etc...none are more than 15 plays per 8 possession guys.
But this was how it was pieced together by Malzahn, and I'm sure he will make it work out. It just looks like he's casting for a play about football. Now who's this Shakespear kid?

I think it's Williams kid.  (real old school)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
Nieko Thorpe has been moved to Safety....Opine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

He won't have to run as far to get burned on the deep route anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »

Rather have him playing facing the pass, than with his back to it! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
Rather have him playing facing the pass, than with his back to it!

Agreed.  This may not be a bad thing.  i actually thought he was trying to play the pass last year as a safety rather than a corner.  He has the speed to keep up and he reads the play well by evidence of his run D.  He may end up being a baller there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
  • During stretches, usually a veteran/first-teamer will lead each of the six lines. Leading the defense lines were: Nosa Eguae, Eltoro Freeman, T'Sharvan Bell, Daren Bates, Dee Ford and Neiko Thorpe. Leading the offense groups were: Philip Lutzenkirchen, Brandon Mosley, Jared Cooper, Onterio McCalebb, Barrett Trotter and Quindarius Carr.
  • Walk-on Logan Paul (No. 18) was the third QB working with Barrett Trotter and Clint Moseley. Paul is listed as a redshirt freshman and hails from Gulf Shores, Ala.
  • Ladarious Phillips and Anthony Morgan were both working at RB.

I am telling you right now I think big boi might be sumptin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
Jeff Fisher's boy has a great chance to be our holder #winning.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:30:19 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »
I am telling you right now I think big boi might be sumptin

Me too, and me excited. I can hear the pads cracka lackin right now from when he runs over defenders. Damn, that Schad is gonna hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »
He won't have to run as far to get burned on the deep route anymore.

Just think how much energy he'll have preserved by the 4th quarter.  They call Neiko's man, 7-11.  Open all night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
Agreed.  This may not be a bad thing.  i actually thought he was trying to play the pass last year as a safety rather than a corner.  He has the speed to keep up and he reads the play well by evidence of his run D.  He may end up being a baller there.

He was always right there with the WR as he got burned.  He covers well, but doesn't react well to the ball when running in man coverage.  I hope this move puts him in a more natural fit position.  Hopefully the Rose kid coming up can fill in at CB.  Bell and another kid whose name escapes me will play too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
Jeff Fisher's boy has a great chance to be our holder#winning.

Yea I never heard much about him.  Didn't even know if he had stuck it out.  Good to see he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
He was always right there with the WR as he got burned.  He covers well, but doesn't react well to the ball when running in man coverage.  I hope this move puts him in a more natural fit position.  Hopefully the Rose kid coming up can fill in at CB.  Bell and another kid whose name escapes me will play too.

Chris Davis checked Torched several times this year and did a reasonably good job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:04 PM »
Ikeem Means
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
Chris Davis checked Torched several times this year and did a reasonably good job.

Reasonably good, hell. In the SECCG, torched started and Davis immediately replaced him. How come you think we had such a good night covering the pass. In the NCG, Davis got hurt on the first kickoff. That is why torched got his time.

Torched was hardly ever in position to make the play. He was playing catch up to the WR. Yes the back of his head was there, but there was no way he could turn and make a play.

I pray he does better at S.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:56:55 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
Yeah 5-9ish Davis drew 6-5 Alshon Jeffries on a fade route for his first action. Twice! Not a good way to break in. But even Stephon whatshisname got burned for Carolina and he practiced against that crew. Corner is tough. Neiko will do fine at safety.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
Aahh memories.  I so thoroughly enjoyed Atlanta and the SECCG.  I so thoroughly got drunk and  :haha: at the few USCe Penises that remained. 

A surly lot of pussies, those Cocks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Aahh memories.  I so thoroughly enjoyed Atlanta and the SECCG.  I so thoroughly got drunk and  :haha: at the few USCe Penises that remained. 

A surly lot of pussies, those Cocks.

I know what I'm naming my company softball team this year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Jumbo

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
I know what I'm naming my company softball team this year!
Ass to Mouth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions