Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2011 Spring Football

JR4AU

Re: 2011 Spring Football
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
Looking back at the Spring Roster, I see Jamar Travis, Kenneth Carter and Derrick Lykes also listed as DL.
I think I remember hearing Carters name several times last year for blowing up some plays. The good thing is that Rocker kept a good rotation for all of his guys to get playing time.

Another thing I noticed from the roster is we seem to be top heavy on DE. I'm wondering if one or two of these guys will move to the interior.

I don't even know if K. Carter played last year.  With a 6-5 frame, I hope he's bulked up from his listed wt of around 280.  If so, maybe he and Whitaker will be the primary 2. 

None of the DEs are close to big enough to play inside.  Eguae, might could if he added 35 lbs, but not sure he could do that and not really slow him down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:12 PM »
We are going to miss Bynes leadership really bad.

I was kind of thinking that too. The guy may have not been very fast but he was field general. As far as athleticism goes though, I'm thinking we will have an upgrade.

Will Bates stay at LB I wonder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »
I was kind of thinking that too. The guy may have not been very fast but he was field general. As far as athleticism goes though, I'm thinking we will have an upgrade.

Will Bates stay at LB I wonder?

Does anybody know WTF happened to J. Curry?  A buddy of mine has tailgated with his parents, and says they are rock solid people, very conservative, and wouldn't anticipate they raised a POS. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:14:37 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
I don't even know if K. Carter played last year.  With a 6-5 frame, I hope he's bulked up from his listed wt of around 280.  If so, maybe he and Whitaker will be the primary 2. 

None of the DEs are close to big enough to play inside.  Eguae, might could if he added 35 lbs, but not sure he could do that and not really slow him down.

Carter played in 7 games last year making 6 total tackles.  He played more frequently as the year went on and got meaningful playing time in games late in th year.  In one of the books I have recapping the year, there's a bad ass pic of him running with the first team D against Bama.  They're all standing at the line waiting on the offense to line up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »

Your right about the DE size but its possible they could make a move for one of these guys. I think if they were to do that, it would happen in spring drills; so I don't really think thats gonna happen. I get excited with visions of Corey and Eguae rushing the edges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
Does anybody know WTF happened to J. Curry?  A buddy of mine has tailgated with his parents, and says they are rock solid people, very conservative, and wouldn't anticipate they raised a POS.

Heard that Curry might have a case of Pybus syndrome as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:03 PM »
I love how everyone forgets about Trovon Reed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
I love how everyone forgets about Trovon Reed.
Who?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
Pybus syndrome?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »
concussion prone

I know Spencer Pybus had one in 2009, but is that why he is off the team for real?  Pybus, not Curry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »

I know Spencer Pybus had one in 2009, but is that why he is off the team for real?  Pybus, not Curry.

Yeah, he actually had a couple in HS and then a few more once he got to AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure that is why he left the team.  As for Curry, it has been rumored that he had one or two last season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure that is why he left the team.  As for Curry, it has been rumored that he had one or two last season.

We need to recruit kids with harder heads........speaking of injuries, how are TR and Rah Rah progressing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
We need to recruit kids with harder heads........speaking of injuries, how are TR and Rah Rah progressing?

Read yesterday that CGM "thinks" Reed is close to 100%, and in the same article I read that Rah Rah was working at MLB, so I guess he is getting there at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
Read yesterday that CGM "thinks" Reed is close to 100%, and in the same article I read that Rah Rah was working at MLB, so I guess he is getting there at least.

I was worried that Rah Rah would have a tough time after his surgery.  Never really heard how bad it was, just that he has surgery on his spine. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »

You can't answer a quote by quoting yourself from a previous quote.  Improper board etiquette...edikit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:05 PM »
You can't answer a quote by quoting yourself from a previous quote.  Improper board etiquette...edikit.

Gonna need a review from the booth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
So he talks to himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
So he talks to himself.

Maybe?  Anything wrong with that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions