No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: 2011 Spring Football
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »
Hey everyone.

Auburn is in the midst of its first spring practice at the Track and Field Complex. Some notable things are happening over there.

Here are some people I expected to see but didn’t: Gene Chizik, Philip Pierre-Louis, Jessel Curry.

Here are some people I didn’t expect to see but did: Aubrey Phillips, a kid named Chandler Shakespeare wearing Pierre-Louis’ No. 42 jersey, Chris Todd (watching drills alongside Gus Malzahn)

Here are some things that caught my eye:

• Anthony (Gulley) Morgan wearing a blue/offense jersey and working with the wideouts.

• Curry remains on the roster. No idea what’s up with him.

• New OL Thomas O’Reilly not practicing, but at practice. I’m guessing he had some kind of surgery.

• Same for redshirt freshman Eddie Christian — in uniform, not participating in drills.

• Assistant coach Trooper Taylor repeatedly telling players: “Looks like all the good players left.”

• Assistant coach Mike Pelton was jumping right in, teaching the linemen what he considers the best techniques. He’s definitely not taking a wait-and-see approach.

• For the first time, Shon Coleman is listed on Auburn’s roster. He’s No. 70. I don’t think he was out there, but I may have missed him. There was a lot going on.

• Since spring is all about speculation, let’s have a go at the OL depth chart. What appeared to be the first-team group looked like this: LT Brandon Mosley, LG John Sullen, C Blake Burgess, RG Eric Mack, RT A.J. Greene.

• The second-team group looked like this: LT Mike Slade, LG Tunde Fariyike, C Reese Dismukes, RG Aubrey Phillips, RT Bobby Ingalls.

• It appears that Jonathan Mincy once again is an Auburn man. We know this because he was in uniform today. If you recall, Mincy missed the 2010 season because of an unspecified violation. Chizik said of Mincy last fall: “If you see him again and he’s dressed out in an Auburn uniform, he will have proved to us that he’s lived up to our standards.”

• Trent Fisher, son of Jeff, may be taking over as the team’s holder. He’s at least the de facto holder.

• A third quarterback, Logan Paul of Gulf Shores, was participating in all throwing drills. Malzahn made me laugh by simply referring to Paul as “New Guy.”

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
I'm getting this eerie feeling that we're in deep poo-poo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »
Expound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
slowhiteboyitis?

It's the brain pain coach.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/

Heard that Curry might have a case of Pybus syndrome as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »

I remember hearing this same quote numerous times last summer.

My point? Some of you are naturally pessimistic whining vaginas no matter what.

And that feeling you have is just from the rumored Dax sighting. Like Chris Matthews with Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
I remember hearing this same quote numerous times last summer.

My point? Some of you are naturally pessimistic whining vaginas no matter what.

And that feeling you have is just from the rumored Dax sighting. Like Chris Matthews with Obama.

Are you saying that some on this board have a little sand in their mangina?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Homer Samford

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
What we all want to know is which cheerleader has the biggest rack and which one has the most alluring "jungle"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Homer Samford

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
Did Blake Burgess #63 earn a scholly? If so, bravo young man, bravo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
Did Blake Burgess #63 earn a scholly? If so, bravo young man, bravo.

Wow, I do believe that fell through the cracks. I think you are correct sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
Nothing to do with sand-filled, whining vaginas.  And the only thing that worried me last year was our D.  Not much of a stretch when you consider that 09's D was one of the worst in Auburn history. 

First off, I think it's going to be exciting to watch all the young players develop and make a name for themselves.  And I think this program has recruited their collective asses off and much of that young talent is going to step in right away and show their stuff.  Now, take the orange and blue spectacles off for a moment and look at this team realistically.  No spin. Just look at them and the upcoming season as if you wre analyzing....The Cal Bears...or NCState...or Miami. 

This team loses the Heisman Trophy winner who accounted for over 4,700 yards and 51 TD's and physically willed this team to impossible 1st downs, impossible plays and impossible wins.  He's probably replaced by a guy who went 6-9 last year in mop up duty only.  Do I think Fro-Throw will do well?  Yes.  As long as he works within CGM's system.

They lose 4 senior linemen who played together just about their entire careers.  They lose the entire starting WR corp and the starting fullback got kicked off the team.  The defense loses the best lineman in the country, who was a game changer in his own right.  They lose both his sidekicks on the interior in Blanc and Clayton.  They lose 12 year starter, Antoine Carter and Michael Goggans at DE.  They lost 2 of the 3 starting linebackers and now a starting safety is going to jail for about 20 years.

Plus...some of that young talent that we would definitely be counting on in guys like Goodwin and Kitchens are joining McNeil in the slammer and they can't be replaced.  Now, add to all these losses the fact that this team goes on the road....in the toughest league in the nation....bar none and plays teams like Clemson (OOC), USCe, Arkansas, LSU and Georgia...with Florida and Bama coming in.

The good thing is we've got a guy named Chandler Shakespear wearing #42 now.   This is not a chicken little, sky is falling take.  It's realistic.  Give me something concrete besides speculation and what you think this guy or that guy might do. I don't think the season is going to be a bust and I truly believe this team may shock some people....at times.  But if you look at what's coming back and look realistically at the schedule they face....you can't say with a straight face that they might not get that ass handed to them more than once or twice this season.  There's also some of those teams lookin' for some payback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »
Nothing to do with sand-filled, whining vaginas.  And the only thing that worried me last year was our D.  Not much of a stretch when you consider that 09's D was one of the worst in Auburn history. 

First off, I think it's going to be exciting to watch all the young players develop and make a name for themselves.  And I think this program has recruited their collective asses off and much of that young talent is going to step in right away and show their stuff.  Now, take the orange and blue spectacles off for a moment and look at this team realistically.  No spin. Just look at them and the upcoming season as if you wre analyzing....The Cal Bears...or NCState...or Miami. 

This team loses the Heisman Trophy winner who accounted for over 4,700 yards and 51 TD's and physically willed this team to impossible 1st downs, impossible plays and impossible wins.  He's probably replaced by a guy who went 6-9 last year in mop up duty only.  Do I think Fro-Throw will do well?  Yes.  As long as he works within CGM's system.

They lose 4 senior linemen who played together just about their entire careers.  They lose the entire starting WR corp and the starting fullback got kicked off the team.  The defense loses the best lineman in the country, who was a game changer in his own right.  They lose both his sidekicks on the interior in Blanc and Clayton.  They lose 12 year starter, Antoine Carter and Michael Goggans at DE.  They lost 2 of the 3 starting linebackers and now a starting safety is going to jail for about 20 years.

Plus...some of that young talent that we would definitely be counting on in guys like Goodwin and Kitchens are joining McNeil in the slammer and they can't be replaced.  Now, add to all these losses the fact that this team goes on the road....in the toughest league in the nation....bar none and plays teams like Clemson (OOC), USCe, Arkansas, LSU and Georgia...with Florida and Bama coming in.

The good thing is we've got a guy named Chandler Shakespear wearing #42 now.   This is not a chicken little, sky is falling take.  It's realistic.  Give me something concrete besides speculation and what you think this guy or that guy might do. I don't think the season is going to be a bust and I truly believe this team may shock some people....at times.  But if you look at what's coming back and look realistically at the schedule they face....you can't say with a straight face that they might not get that ass handed to them more than once or twice this season.  There's also some of those teams lookin' for some payback.

^^^^THIS^^^^ALL OF IT^^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »
Chandler Shakespear

Zero Stars

Graduated in '09 with interest in UAB, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and South Alabama. 

I don't know where exactly he went or has been after graduation.   My skreets only go so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 01:27:06 PM »
Chandler Shakespear

Zero Stars

Graduated in '09 with interest in UAB, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and South Alabama. 

I don't know where exactly he went or has been after graduation.   My skreets only go so far.
I'm hoping this kid is a sleeper, because there could be some epic game day posters involving Matthew Perry doing Hamlet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »
Chandler Shakespear

Zero Stars

Whew!  I was worried that the kid wasn't any good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Whew!  I was worried that the kid wasn't any good.

It said HE was interested in those schools. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »
Chandler Shakespear

Zero Stars

I think he is actually a product of the Robotics Engineering Department. He has no birth certificate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
He has no birth certificate.

At least he qualifies to be President of the U.S.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
Chandler Shakespear

Zero Stars

Scout actually has a little more info on him. Not much.

http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=3550508
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 01:59:40 PM »
At least he qualifies to be President of the U.S.

nice layup slam. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions