Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grammy slide into farce continues

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Grammy slide into farce continues
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »
Music is like religion and politics, you will never agree and you will always think differently from everyone else.  Snaggie likes Mayer and WE likes Dave Matthews, I don't care for either one of their acts, but will not say they aren't talented.  Kinda like I told Kaos with Ace, he doesn't do it for me, doesn't mean that he isn't good and has influenced others.

I can't stand Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young as people.  Liberal fruitcakes imo, didn't much care for their lyrics, but their music I like.  If you could take the vocals out of Ohio, then it would be a kick ass song.  It gets me going.

Speaking of burrbinz.....Snaggie, you must try some Eagle Rare.  Solid drink.

For the record, I am not a hard core Dave fan. I don't like any of his new shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »
What Gene said about hiring Ace (heavily paraphrased):

Auditioned tons of guitarists.  Guys who were technically proficient, guys who could play thousands of notes.  But that's like a bunch of angry bees. Maybe that's what some people like, but it's not who we wanted to be. We were looking for a sound that fit, a style that made sense with what we were doing.  As soon as Ace plugged in and hit the first notes, we knew he was the guy. 

Ace isn't angry bees.  He fits.  And he's pretty good.  His guitar smokes and shoots fireworks.  The first to do that kind of stuff.  Do I care if he can't skibbeldy-bee-boop all over the place?  Nope.  I don't care for that. 

Same with singing.  I'm not impressed if you can hit 18 notes (Christina Aguilera, I'm talking to you) when one will suffice.  I want to hear the song, not your self-indulgent wailing.

John Mayer is a bleeding homo.

Yeah you're talking about fitting someone in a band here, that's different.  Doesn't make him a great guitarist.  Les Claypool (Primus) was turned down by Metallica because he def didn't fit in.  Doesn't mean he sucks as a bassist (maybe as a lyricists or vocalist).  You need a guy that has some of the Ace flash with some of the Stevie Ray chops.

But the Taylor guitar guy, that's a totally different breed.  Go look at Tommy Emmanuel or Andy McKee on Youtube.  Heck, go watch Chet Atkins.  You'll be impressed, but you'll be bored to tears pretty soon.

And the greatest guitarist in the world is Doc Watson.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Yeah you're talking about fitting someone in a band here, that's different.  Doesn't make him a great guitarist.  Les Claypool (Primus) was turned down by Metallica because he def didn't fit in.  Doesn't mean he sucks as a bassist (maybe as a lyricists or vocalist).  You need a guy that has some of the Ace flash with some of the Stevie Ray chops.

But the Taylor guitar guy, that's a totally different breed.  Go look at Tommy Emmanuel or Andy McKee on Youtube.  Heck, go watch Chet Atkins.  You'll be impressed, but you'll be bored to tears pretty soon.

And the greatest guitarist in the world is Doc Watson.

Saw Chett Atkins many many years ago.  Picked up a cassette tape (That's how long ago it was) of Chett and Jerry Reed.  Literally wore it out.  On the surface, not music you'd think you wanted to listen to, but when you started realizing these two world class guitarists were trading licks song after song, I couldn't stop listening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
Saban was there.  He was greatly affected by this.

Really?  I did not know this, interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
Who has a red guitar and thinks your list sucks?

This guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 01:21:45 PM »
Lot's of folks will put B.B. King in there, and it's hard to argue with that.  The man can play, but Albert King was just as good imo.

I prefer Freddie King.

Holy shit.
Have you EEEEEEEEEEEva loved a woman. SO MUCH you tremble in pain.
Fucking unreal...

My favorite song he sings. If you can't feel the pain in this, check your heart beat...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:26:11 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »
I prefer Freddie King.

Another great one.  I forgot about him earlier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
1) I like Arcade Fire.

2) Tom Morello thinks those Dave Matthews videos are cute. And he makes music that is good in the process.

3) The alternative music category included good music. The "they're not Casey Kasem's top 10 hitmakers, therefore they're not artists deserving of a grammy" is one of the most ignorant comments that can be made on the subject. The Black Keys cleaned up too. Listen to them. They are good.

4)Justin Beiber actually is an amazingly talented drummer.

Skip to 2:39.

Check out the end. He is not the only one playing the drums. Also, You can tell at the beginning too.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:32:19 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
I've got Beeper fever
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
What's a beeper?

It's a Dr. who used to post on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
1) I like Arcade Fire.

2) Tom Morello thinks those Dave Matthews videos are cute. And he makes music that is good in the process.

3) The alternative music category included good music. The "they're not Casey Kasem's top 10 hitmakers, therefore they're not artists deserving of a grammy" is one of the most ignorant comments that can be made on the subject. The Black Keys cleaned up too. Listen to them. They are good.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 02:19:23 AM »
It's a Dr. who used to post on here.
Snake a tube down her throat and I'll be there in four hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:42 AM »
1) I like Arcade Fire.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
Chad needs one of these.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
Where's his drum kit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
He's got the fever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
Where's his drum kit?

toothpicks will be fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:42 AM »
I've got Bieber Fever, yes I do.

I've got Bieber Fever, how bout you?

For realz though, I had just seen that clip and was really shocked. Kind of makes you rethink who's a "talented musician".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions