Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grammy slide into farce continues

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Grammy slide into farce continues
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:42 AM »
Grammy voters flocked to Lady Antebellum because the song reminded them of Helen Reddy from 1971.  Nice little tune, but not song of the year material.  Jeez. 

Record of the year?  Who the FUCK is Arcade Fire?  Did they not see Katy Perry spew cream from her boobs in the Californa video?  Did they read the card wrong like the year Marissa Tomei won the Oscar?  Arcade Fire my ass.  Who's even heard of them? Nobody. 

What the hell is up with the nominated artists in the rock categories?  Eric Clapton, John Mayer (the Justin Fucking Bieber of the cougar set and who wouldn't know rock if you beat him with one),  McCartney, Robert Plant and Neil Young.  What's the matter, Bill Fucking Hailey and the Comets didn't put out anything this year?  Scatman Crothers not have an album? That's not fucking rock. 

They even had Dave Cumstain Matthews and Dweezil Zappa nominated in rock categories.  Fuck a mighty.  There were some legitimate rock bands making some pretty decent music last year.  None of the nominated were among them. 

Grammys suck.  I'm glad I didn't watch that farce.  It's like the Oscars.  When Pacino didn't win for Godfather II and they gave it to Art Carney for Harry and Tonto?  You knew then the Oscars were shit.  Garbage smelling shit. 

Grammys are as well.   Shit burgers.  I'd rather have a shit burger than a Grammy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Grammy slide into farce continues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
Grammy voters flocked to Lady Antebellum because the song reminded them of Helen Reddy from 1971.  Nice little tune, but not song of the year material.  Jeez. 

Record of the year?  Who the FUCK is Arcade Fire?  Did they not see Katy Perry spew cream from her boobs in the Californa video?  Did they read the card wrong like the year Marissa Tomei won the Oscar?  Arcade Fire my ass.  Who's even heard of them? Nobody. 

What the hell is up with the nominated artists in the rock categories?  Eric Clapton, John Mayer (the Justin Fucking Bieber of the cougar set and who wouldn't know rock if you beat him with one),  McCartney, Robert Plant and Neil Young.  What's the matter, Bill Fucking Hailey and the Comets didn't put out anything this year?  Scatman Crothers not have an album? That's not fucking rock. 

They even had Dave Cumstain Matthews and Dweezil Zappa nominated in rock categories.  Fuck a mighty.  There were some legitimate rock bands making some pretty decent music last year.  None of the nominated were among them. 

Grammys suck.  I'm glad I didn't watch that farce.  It's like the Oscars.  When Pacino didn't win for Godfather II and they gave it to Art Carney for Harry and Tonto?  You knew then the Oscars were shit.  Garbage smelling shit. 

Grammys are as well.   Shit burgers.  I'd rather have a shit burger than a Grammy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:55 AM »
You're just pissed that KISS didn't win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:09:51 AM »
You're just pissed that KISS didn't win.

So I guess you're rocking that Arcade Fire CD? They're about as rock as Lawrence Welk and Vicki Lawrence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »
Actually no, never heard of them.  I also didn't waste my time watching the Grammy's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:57 AM »
I didn't see the end to even hear Arcade Fire.  Seriously, what do they sing?

The biggest laugh of the night for me though was when Bob Dylan came out to sing Maggie's Farm.  After the first verse, my wife looked at me and said they needed to turn his mic up.  Well...after they finally did turn it up, she looked at me again and said nevermind.

I did enjoy Mick Jagger's appearance though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:07:47 AM »
Actually no, never heard of them.  I also didn't waste my time watching the Grammy's.

THIS HEAH. I heard that weird no talent THING hung out in an egg and then emerged only to sing like a newborn squealing. I enjoy a good performance as well as anyone, but this is getting ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »
I thought everyone other than teenie boppers and weirdos quit watching the Grammy's years and years ago?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
I thought everyone other than teenie boppers and weirdos quit watching the Grammy's years and years ago?
...and, your point is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

I didn't watch it either.  Just heard the results. 

BTW, what do you think about Steve Ensminger winning Best New Artist over Justin Beeper?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
I didn't watch it either.  Just heard the results. 

BTW, what do you think about Steve Ensminger winning Best New Artist over Justin Beeper?

Dr. Beeper's kid was robbed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
I actually think the old timers being on the agenda bumped UP the quality. Have you not seen today's music? I'd take Clapton, Plant and Jagger anyday over the shit these kids listen to now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
Dr. Beeper's kid was robbed.
I thought he had a chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
I actually think the old timers being on the agenda bumped UP the quality. Have you not seen today's music? I'd take Clapton, Plant and Jagger anyday over the shit these kids listen to now.

I don't think anyone here doesn't like these guys, but having them nominated in categories more in line with bands like Tool, 3 Doors Down, Hinder, Metallica, Chevelle, Shinedown or whatever is bullshit.  Good grief, I'd rather stand point blank in front of an operating blow torch, than listen to Nickelback, but they rock out more than fucking Dave Matthews.  ...and that's not a knock on DMB...just a matter of where they do belong vs. where they don't.

JMO...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »
I don't think anyone here doesn't like these guys, but having them nominated in categories more in line with bands like Tool, 3 Doors Down, Hinder, Metallica, Chevelle, Shinedown or whatever is bullshit.  Good grief, I'd rather stand point blank in front of an operating blow torch, than listen to Nickelback, but they rock out more than fucking Dave Matthews.  ...and that's not a knock on DMB...just a matter of where they do belong vs. where they don't.

JMO...

I see your point.

Although I really only like chevelle and metallica from that list. I just hate hinder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »

JMO...

Yeah. But I think Richard Marx is still dominating the category they SHOULD be in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
Even worse than Dave Matthews (as if that was possible) was THIS guy:

I hate his fucking music to begin with.  Wish somebody would stick a frog gigger in his neck.  But trying to blatantly rip off Johnny Depp's look? That's the worst. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »
Even worse than Dave Matthews (as if that was possible) was THIS guy:

I hate his fucking music to begin with.  Wish somebody would stick a frog gigger in his neck.  But trying to blatantly rip off Johnny Depp's look? That's the worst.

I wish someone would pave his paradise and put him under the parking lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
I agree with you for the most part...but this song does not suck. He can play the shit out of the guitar...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »
I agree with you for the most part...but this song does not suck. He can play the shit out of the guitar...

The only way you could ever get me to watch that faggot homosexual queer would be if you promised me that at the end Machete would come out and take a weedeater to his head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions