Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton

Token

Re: WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
Link one god damn story from the national media about operation prowler or whatever it is...

There was no national media story.  Because it was all bullshit.  This ONLY reason this is in the national media is because someone allegedly did contact MSU about cash for play.  There have been bullshit rumors on BOL for the last 6 months regarding Auburn paying Cam.  None of it made the media, because it had no merit. 

Auburn paying Cam still doesn't have any merit.  They story is MSU and Cam, not Aub and Cam.  Will some try to slant it towards Auburn?  They already have, but it won't stick. 

Non-issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: WHAT...THE...phuk... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »
Thamel reported on the recruitment of Eric Bledsoe for the NYTimes. Apparently he is small potatoes. Where is Scoops Callahan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Interesting ties between Thamel and Meyer:

Something Stinks In Pahokee
   New York Times sports reporter Pete Thamel ”broke” the story of the NCAA’s investigation into Tennessee’s football recruiting practices. After inititial investigation into his story, there seems to be a stink arising from little Pahokee, Fla., which drifts over to Gainesville and all the way north to a couple of offices in mid-town Manhattan.

The Players -

Pete Thamel – College sports reporter for the New York Times
Connor Ennis – Sports department staff editor, New York Times
Chris Dunkley – Pahokee football prospect being recruited by Tennessee and Florida
Ariel Alejo - Pahokee principal, Florida Alum, Gators fan
Urban Meyer – Head coach, University of Florida
   Lets start with a flashback to 1998. In the first game of Tennessee’s national championship run, the Vols narrowly defeated the Donovan McNabb led Syracuse Orangemen. A Tennessee loss looked eminent until a fourth down pass interference call allowed the Vols to move within range for a last second field goal for the win. The pass interference call led to a fervent outcry of SEC referee bias by the Syracuse area media. Conner Enis and Pete Thamel were both Syracuse students and writing for the Syracuse Post Standard and The Daily Orange at the time. Getting Interesting?

Thamel was at the forefront of reports on the recruitment of Bryce Brown, the heralded running back who eventually committed to Tennessee and was seen as a major coup for young head coach Lane Kiffin. It was a surprise when Brown was briefly declared ineligible by the NCAA roughly two weeks before the season began so they could investigate some reports they had gotten. Brown was eventually cleared to play. Pete Thamel has also witten so many gushing stories about the Florida Gators and Tim Tebow that it led one Gators blogger to refer to him as the “program’s most talented chronicler.” After Thamel’s prediction of a Gator blowout over Tennessee in this year’s contest didn’t come to fruition, he met with Meyer in his campus office the following morning. Here is the resulting article which blamed the lack of a blowout on the Flu and “Tennessee’s apparent lack of interest in actually winning the game” One thing is clear..Pete Thamel and Urban Meyer have a relationship.

The NYT article states that the NCAA has interviewed a handful of recruits regarding the investigation. The most interesting is Chris Dunkley. While the other players and/or their families were willing to talk about what they discussed with the NCAA and were generally complimentary of Tennesse, Dunkley refused to discuss what he told the investigators. Dunkley happens to play for Pahokee High School. The same school whose principal, Ariel Alejo, tried to ban Tennessee coaches from recruiting his student-athletes. This was after Tennessee Coach Lane Kiffin made statements to the press that he didn’t trust the way things were done in Pahokee regarding the recruiting process, insinuating  that they tried to steer players towards Florida. Of note: Ariel Alejo is a Florida Alum that has a good relationship with Urban Meyer and is known to be a huge Gators’ fan.

Urban Meyer. With the verbal jabbing back and forth between Gainesville and Knoxville since Lane Kiffin was hired at Tennessee, it is apparent that the cocky Tennessee coach has gotten under his skin. It is also apparent that the Vols have been raiding the state of Florida of some of its best football prospects which had until lately been almost guaranteed locks for the Gators. Meyer has friends in the administration at Pahokee. He also has a more tight than common relationship with an investigative sports journalist at the New York Times. Motive and Means?

In an ominous sign of things to shortly come, and a possible inside joke between the two, Pete Thamel wrote this of Meyer just a week ago – “The most memorable moment from the news conference may have been when Meyer was asked about Tennessee Coach Lane Kiffin’s assertion that Alabama is the better-coached team. Meyer smiled big and said, ‘No comment.’“

Link
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
There was no national media story.  Because it was all bullpoop.  This ONLY reason this is in the national media is because someone allegedly did contact MSU about cash for play.  There have been bullpoop rumors on BOL for the last 6 months regarding Auburn paying Cam.  None of it made the media, because it had no merit. 

Auburn paying Cam still doesn't have any merit.  They story is MSU and Cam, not Aub and Cam.  Will some try to slant it towards Auburn?  They already have, but it won't stick. 

Non-issue.
There should be action taken against this Rogers. I believe a public beating is in order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »
You mean this  Pete Thamel?

Yeah...the same cross-dressing guy that molests little boys in his spare time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »
Lawyers, jump in here...

But it seems like Newton could sue Rogers for mis-representation and/or fraud, almost like identity theft, and ask for damages due to the negative effect on his name and reputation. 

Also sounds like Bonds did nothing wrong - Rogers is the sole guilty party.

I think it's safe to say that Rogers' ass is about to be in a sling.  He better hope the story is true and that he has solid proof of it.  Otherwise, he is toast. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
There should be action taken against this Rogers. I believe a public beating is in order.

Just saw on ESPN that his "Eilite Football Preparation" business is under investigation.   Fuck this cheesy piece of shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2010, 11:06:06 PM »
That can't be good for business

That can't be good for anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
That can't be good for anything.
Hey Buzz, how much you rekon a Cam #2 jersey will bring these daze? Excuse me,  I mean Mr. Buzz.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:18:32 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »
The taint ($1 to KS) is there and neither Auburn nor Cam will be able to shake it.

I know a mamasan will blow on that taint to make you shake it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
Just saw on ESPN that his "Eilite Football Preparation" business is under investigation.   Fuck this cheesy piece of shit.

This is what I was saying. This agency is now under investigation by the NFL as of recently. I am thinking that the NCAA turned over their findings to the NFL in light of recent agent activities with other schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
To quote JR from his other thread and Wes from earlier...it doesn't matter anymore what the truth is.  Cam and Auburn have already been tried in the Court of Public Perception and have been found guilty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2010, 09:07:15 AM »
To quote JR from his other thread and Wes from earlier...it doesn't matter anymore what the truth is.  Cam and Auburn have already been tried in the Court of Public Perception and have been found guilty.

Which sucks because the whole deal is suppose to be about the Newtons and Miss St. Newton Sr. at this point will have to sue Rogers.

Every party involved has turned over financial statements and records, and fully cooperating except for Rogers. That tells me a lot right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2010, 09:26:54 AM »

Well there is just one thing left to do then....

"Win the whole fuckin' thing"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »

My sentiments too...just one possible glitch in that...there's a small campaign against Cam for Heisman in the media...you don't think that will start on poll voters too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »
Once again. 
Win and they cant do shit about it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:32:17 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:20 AM »

I just got one thing to say to you.  Strike this motherfucker out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
This is a non-issue. Any Alabama fan worth his salt wants Cam Newton to play. This should go away by Sunday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2010, 09:46:14 AM »
Is it not reasonable to believe that IF this shit about Rogers and MSU is true, would it not make sense that Cam's dad wanted him to steer clear of MSU and go to the other school in contention (Auburn) so as to distance themselves from any kind of shadiness going on over there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »
Is it not reasonable to believe that IF this shit about Rogers and MSU is true, would it not make sense that Cam's dad wanted him to steer clear of MSU and go to the other school in contention (Auburn) so as to distance themselves from any kind of shadiness going on over there?
To support this further:

Anyone remember this quote from back in January?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/23/juco-qbs-dad-didnt-want-son-to-be-a-rented-mule/
“I didn’t think that was the right place for Cam. They just don’t have all the moving parts. Cam was going to have to be the star. He’d have to do everything himself. I didn’t want him to be a rented mule."
Hmmm. Interesting choice of words...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions