Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
The timing of this shit is what pisses me off, almost like it was planned this way. While I really don't think it is a bammer trap (of course I wouldn't put it past them), I do think its someone at ESPN trying to make a name for themselves. I really hope the team can maintain focus through this shit.
Welcome to being in the spotlight. They could care less if this situation came up with a recruit from St. Mary's School of the Deaf and Blind, because it's probably bullshit anyway. But if it comes up and it's about somebody with a connection to a possible spot in the national championship game? FRONT FUCKING PAGE. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »
Here's the thing.  It's A: some fucking cheezy fuckin' friend (a friend that runs a football mill apparently) of a long haired dope smokin' former MSU QB and says: "You can buy Cam".  And B: Auburn's guilty.

I've been told that Finebaum has a packet with all the dealings between Auburn and Cam Newton.  The same packet the NCAA has been looking at since mid summer. 

Probably a packet of copies of internet posts off BOL or some fucking bammer internet shithole like that, that Shane provided as "proof" Auburn is dirty on this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: WHAT...THE...phuk... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
MAYBE not behind the allegations...phuking A bet they're behind the timing of this suddenly becoming "news".  Namely FINE-phukING-BAUM.
Jughead Shane alluded to this yesterday I am certain and then he clammed up as if instructed to shut it. Why is the worldwide leader in sports not reporting anything? Something is foul but it isn't from Auburn's direction. This is too newsworthy to not mindlessly repeat the same old poop in various ways while not saying anything for the sake of ratings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
Welcome to being in the spotlight. They could care less if this situation came up with a recruit from St. Mary's School of the Deaf and Blind, because it's probably bullshit anyway. But if it comes up and it's about somebody with a connection to a possible spot in the national championship game? FRONT FUCKING PAGE.

3 weeks to the day prior to the Iron Bowl.  Fucking coincidence I'm sure.  This will be the daily topic on F'baum from now until the day before Thanksgiving.  Every hour, every day...special guest. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
Its obvious that Miss St didn't pay since Newton didn't go there which is why the NCAA contacted Auburn to see if we did.

Bingo.

I feel pretty comfortable that we didn't and we're in the clear since Newton was cleared to play.... As long as we have taking care of our part of this whole mess, I don't see issue.

Double bingo.

...and...

The timing of this shit is what pisses me off, almost like it was planned this way.

Bingo titties.  Except you can bet your last dime that there are crimson fucking fingerprints on this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »
Jughead Shane alluded to this yesterday I am certain and then he clammed up as if instructed to shut it. Why is the worldwide leader in sports not reporting anything? Something is foul but it isn't from Auburn's direction. This is too newsworthy to not mindlessly repeat the same old poop in various ways while not saying anything for the sake of ratings.
There were some posts on BOL last week that the NCAA was already investigating Cam's recruitment, but everybody pretty much slammed the guy and told him quit being a little bitch just because AU is doing well. Which was surprising for BOL posters, actually. ESPN is reporting the story. Whether AU has dirty hands in any of this, I wouldn't really guess on. I would hope Chizik and Co. are smarter than to get involved in any of that shit. I would bet that the NCAA will be in Auburn before this is all done and over with, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 08:56:49 PM »
Probably a packet of copies of internet posts off BOL or some fucking bammer internet shithole like that, that Shane provided as "proof" Auburn is dirty on this.

If Finebaum and the NCAA has a packet regarding Auburn cheating to sign a 5 star prospect, there's no possible way in hell that could be a lie.  It just absolutely has to be the truth.  No other explanation. 

The hammer is in motion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
There were some posts on BOL last week that the NCAA was already investigating Cam's recruitment, but everybody pretty much slammed the guy and told him quit being a little bitch just because AU is doing well. Which was surprising for BOL posters, actually. ESPN is reporting the story. Whether AU has dirty hands in any of this, I wouldn't really guess on. I would hope Chizik and Co. are smarter than to get involved in any of that shit. I would bet that the NCAA will be in Auburn before this is all done and over with, though.

The NCAA has been in Auburn. And Auburn has provided them with shit for 2 months.

Welcome back. We have missed you for the past month or so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
True, and here's the thing:  Everybody involved knows the truth, which is why it hasn't been news...until now.  Finebaum knows who knows, and he knows the truth...if there was something to it, they'd have let this cat out of the bag weeks ago, and be waiting for the hammer to actually fall.  Now, Finebaum is using it for all the mileage they can get out a bag of shit....distraction.  Fucking pieces of shit held this precisely because there's nothing to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »
True, and here's the thing:  Everybody involved knows the truth, which is why it hasn't been news...until now.  Finebaum knows who knows, and he knows the truth...if there was something to it, they'd have let this cat out of the bag weeks ago, and be waiting for the hammer to actually fall.  Now, Finebaum is using it for all the mileage they can get out a bag of shit....distraction.  Fucking pieces of shit held this precisely because there's nothing to it.

For once, we are in complete agreement.

Welcome back. We have missed you for the past month or so...

Wonder what brought him back...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
There were some posts on BOL last week that the NCAA was already investigating Cam's recruitment, but everybody pretty much slammed the guy and told him quit being a little bitch just because AU is doing well. Which was surprising for BOL posters, actually. ESPN is reporting the story. Whether AU has dirty hands in any of this, I wouldn't really guess on. I would hope Chizik and Co. are smarter than to get involved in any of that poop. I would bet that the NCAA will be in Auburn before this is all done and over with, though.
It's debilitating at the present but what follows will either be a huge sigh of relief or something very devastating. How the story was released and the lack of steam behind these allegations give me some comfort as to the story's validity and the credibility of Rogers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
It's debilitating at the present but what follows will either be a huge sigh of relief or something very devastating. How the story was released and the lack of steam behind these allegations give me some comfort as to the story's validity and the credibility of Rogers.

Fuck Kenny Rogers and his chicken, he lost credibility with me along time ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
Fuck Kenny Rogers and his chicken, he lost credibility with me along time ago.

BAD CHICKEN!  MESS YOU UP!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »

You just got fried, it's a suicide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »

Dude also threw a perfect game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
I think maybe the REC fucked with the wrong guy this time around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/NEWTONS-FATHER-ITS-NOT-TRUE-4868

Not sure the quality of AUC as a source (especially with the typo), but this:

Athletic department sources said Auburn's compliance department, in conjunction with the Southeastern Converence office, looked into the accusations after being made aware of them last summer and determined there had been no wrongdoing by Cam Newton or by Auburn.

Would support the conclusion that there probably isn't anything to worry about.

The ESPN.com story quoted no other sources by name, nor did it implicate Auburn.

And this will never be acknowledged as the story runs ad nauseum the rest of the season.  The taint ($1 to KS) is there and neither Auburn nor Cam will be able to shake it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
Coach Meyer was the one that urged Bond to go to the media about the agent asking MSU for $$$.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »
http://www.times-herald.com/Local/Pastor-says-church-can-meet-building-code-within-6-months-862469

I've got no skreets, but this is something I read on ITAT. Check out the date this article was written Sept 2009. Cam's pappy says he has the money in hand for his church renovations. 3 month before Cam signed with Auburn. Hell I hadn't even heard a thing about Cam at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions