No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/sports/ncaafootball/05auburn.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Now here is an article trying to implicate Auburn. Fuckers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: WHAT...THE...phuk... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/sports/ncaafootball/05auburn.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Now here is an article trying to implicate Auburn. phukers!
Seems as if our man Rogers wanted Bond to view him as a bigshot. Six figures bro!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »
Allegations that money was sought in exchange for Cam Newton's signature on a national letter of intent isn't affecting the Auburn quarterback's status with the Tigers.

"Cam Newton is eligible to play football at Auburn," Kirk Sampson, Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations at Auburn, said in a statement released Thursday night.

Newton remains eligible at Auburn.
Sampson's statements came in the aftermath of an espn.com article published earlier in the day, "Cash sought for Cam Newton".

The story includes allegations by former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond that a former teammate at State solicited money for Newton's signature. Sources told espn.com the former teammate is Kenny Rogers, now listed as an "agent" at Elite Football Preparation in Chicago, Ill..

Bond said in the story Rogers claimed he could get Newton to sign with Mississippi State for $180,000.

But Rogers wasn't acting on Newton's behalf.

"If Rogers tried to solicit money from Mississippi State, he did it on his own, without our knowledge," Newton's father, Cecil Newton, told epsn.com.

Cam Newton chose Auburn over Mississippi State Dec. 31.

According to a source close to the Auburn Athletic Department with knowledge of the situation, any allegations about Auburn being involved with Rogers are erroneous.

Auburn has looked into Bond's allegations of Rogers' solicitation and there is "absolutely no evidence of any contact at all between Rogers and Auburn.

"There are no NCAA allegations against anyone on the Auburn coaching staff or anyone associated with Auburn University in the recruitment of Cam Newton," the source said.

Auburn coach Gene Chizik quickly summed up his thoughts on the allegations during his weekly radio show Thursday.

"Here's what I can say very loud and clear: Cam Newton is eligible at Auburn," Chizik said. "End of story."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

Now here is an article trying to implicate Auburn. Fuckers!

Pete Thamel...where have I heard that name before?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
It's like these people are made of blocks and stones. 

This was the conversation:

"Dude, Cam.  You're the shit!" Bonds
"Yeah man.  I know.  I'm about to own college football."  Newton
"Dude, where?  Where can I watch you play?"  Bonds
"The SEC.  Who needs a QB?"  Newton
"Miss State.  Auburn.  Ole Miss.  Tennessee."  Bonds
"I like Mullen and Auburn was pretty cool."  Newton
"So which one, dawg?"  Bonds
"I don't know about the 'dawgs.'  Starkville?  Boring.  Auburn seems aight."  Newton
"Well, what will it take to get you to like Starkville?"  Bonds
"A state of the art Q-Zar.  I gotta have me some entertainment in the offseaon."  Newton
"Aight.  How much that cost?"  Bonds
"Like a hundred grand.  Maybe two."  Newton
"Aight."  Bonds

An hour later, a phone in Miss State's AD rings.

"Hello.  Miss State football program."  MSU Secretary
"Yo.  Cam wants to come, but he's gonna need a few hundred grand."

And that's how it happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Absolutely nothing will come out of this.  Nothing.  It's not going to hurt Auburn's team.  It's not going to hurt Cam's chance at the Heisman.  It's a non-issue.

With that said, I hope a few of the internet morons who bought 200% into the red dog bullshit over the last 2 years are enjoying the taste of their own medicine. 

War sCam Eagle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »
Absolutely nothing will come out of this.  Nothing.  It's not going to hurt Auburn's team.  It's not going to hurt Cam's chance at the Heisman.  It's a non-issue.

With that said, I hope a few of the internet morons who bought 200% into the red dog bullshit over the last 2 years are enjoying the taste of their own medicine. 

War sCam Eagle.

The issue here is you are fucking with a guys reputation. That's bullshit. It's hard to reverse these kinds of things once you gets accused. I am not sure if there is a way, but I would sue the shit out of whoever has their names tied to this shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:48 PM »

War sCam Eagle.

This is completely different and you know it.

This is on ESPN.  This will be recalled with every single Auburn highlight.  This will be discussed on Gameday.  This will be taken into account in the Heisman voting.  "Want another Reggie Bush winner?"  This will be a distraction for the team.  This will probably be shouted from mountain tops the week of the Iron Bowl. 

Alabama's rumors never made it to ESPN.  Also, the "Red Dog" bullshit you're talking about was a joke started by Bama fans on the Rivals message board.  It just got picked up by a dumbass on the Bunker. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »

With that said, I hope a few of the internet morons who bought 200% into the red dog bullpoop over the last 2 years are enjoying the taste of their own medicine. 

War sCam Eagle.
Token are you not an Auburn fan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

This is on ESPN.  This will be recalled with every single Auburn highlight.  This will be discussed on Gameday.  This will be taken into account in the Heisman voting.  "Want another Reggie Bush winner?"  This will be a distraction for the team.  This will probably be shouted from mountain tops the week of the Iron Bowl. 

Alabama's rumors never made it to ESPN.  Also, the "Red Dog" bullshit you're talking about was a joke started by Bama fans on the Rivals message board.  It just got picked up by a dumbass on the Bunker.

THIS! X 200,000!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »

Does sound familiar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
The issue here is you are fucking with a guys reputation. That's bullshit. It's hard to reverse these kinds of things once you gets accused. I am not sure if there is a way, but I would sue the shit out of whoever has their names tied to this shit...

I agree 100%, and I've been saying the same shit yall are saying for the last 2 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »

BAD CHICKEN!  MESS YOU UP!!!
That can't be good for business
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
I agree 100%, and I've been saying the same shit yall are saying for the last 2 years.

Link one god damn story from the national media about operation prowler or whatever it is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Lawyers, jump in here...

But it seems like Newton could sue Rogers for mis-representation and/or fraud, almost like identity theft, and ask for damages due to the negative effect on his name and reputation. 

Also sounds like Bonds did nothing wrong - Rogers is the sole guilty party.

And fuck NYT and ESPN for spinning the story the way they did - but I agree with wes - this is a non-story.

Rogers obviously limited his contact to Miss State, and Auburn is in the clear, regardless of how those fuckers spin it.

The angle should be a rogue agent trying to cash in on Newton's name and talent.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:34:18 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
As for Cam, I wouldn't worry about it.  As others have reiterated it's a non-issue.  I mean just because he is driving a charger, heading to do some fishing cause he just sold some textbooks, doesn't mean he took money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »

The only thing different is someone actually did contact the NCAA about the issue instead of starting 800 rumors on AUC.

I'm telling you.  Less than a week and the only people talking about this will be the Bama fans on the internet.  The locals will run it for a few days.  Finebaum will run it until the next big story.  ESPN will barely touch it and it will be a non story.

Auburn wins out and they are in the BCS.  Newton continues without a glitch and wins the Heisman. 

Non-issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:44 PM »
Lawyers, jump in here...

But it seems like Newton could sue Rogers for mis-representation and/or fraud, almost like identity theft, and ask for damages due to the negative effect on his name and reputation. 

Also sounds like Bonds did nothing wrong - Rogers is the sole guilty party.

And fuck NYT and ESPN for spinning the story the way they did - but I agree with wes - this is a non-story.

Rogers obviously limited his contact to Miss State, and Auburn is in the clear, regardless of how those fuckers spin it.

The angle should be a rogue agent trying to cash in on Newton's name and talent.

Mr. Newton has already been quoted tonight that his lawyers are working on it.  I just hope they're lawyers that care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »

You mean this  Pete Thamel?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions