Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck Stewart Mandel too

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Fuck Stewart Mandel too
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:36 AM »
He posted another "Newton representative" piece... and that did it for me.  I emailed him back...

So basically, all I have to do to ruin a young man's reputation is call up a university, claim to be his representative, and ask for money in exchange for his signature?  Wow, had I known that, I would have torched the Alabama football program years ago. 

Even worse, why is everyone calling this Rogers guy a "Newton representative" instead of saying "a man claiming to represent Newton, claims which are complete speculation at this point and have no basis in fact..."??  Thanks for jumping on the "Guilty until proven innocent" bandwagon, Stew.  The better story line here is how a**hole agents are screwing things up and going unpunished.  Especially THIS particular a**hole agent - already under investigation by the NFL for shady practices?  That gets short shrift, but Cam is automatically guilty? 

That is irresponsible jounalism at its finest. 

War Damn Eagle. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:05:44 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Fuck Stweart Mandel too
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
He posted another "Newton representative" piece... and that did it for me.  I emailed him back...

TW, you are the SHIT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
And to that fuckhead Thayer at FoxSports:

So basically, all I have to do to ruin a young man's reputation is call up a university, claim to be his representative, and ask for money in exchange for his signature?  Wow, had I known that, I would have torched the Alabama football program years ago. 

Even worse, why is everyone calling this Rogers guy a "Newton representative" instead of saying "a man claiming to represent Newton, claims which are complete speculation at this point and have no basis in fact..."??  Thanks for jumping on the "Guilty until proven innocent" bandwagon, you jerk  The better story line here is how a**hole agents are screwing things up and going unpunished.  Especially THIS particular a**hole agent - already under investigation by the NFL for shady practices?  That gets short shrift, but Cam is automatically guilty and his dad is a liar?  I hope they add you to the list of people they will sue for defamation of character.

I suppose you never did anything stupid as a young man?  Never did anything wrong?  Never did anything that you got away with that might have caused you trouble later had it been fond out?  Muct be nice to be standing on such firm moral high ground.  Second chances are for the weak, I guess.

SO GLAD you are not at the Houston Chronicle any longer.  That paper sucks enough all on its own without your hack journalism and kneejerk editorializing bringing it down even further.  You are a sorry excuse for a "journalist".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »
Oh how I heart you tw......we should see if kaos wants fire off some emails to these guys. He used to write some good uns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:26:54 AM »

You are completing me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:28:36 AM »
These were way classier responses than the pipe bombs I've been sending out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
And one to Pete Fiutak... and this one killed me.  I love Fiu.  He was always my favorite writer.

So...

According to you, all I have to do to ruin a young man's reputation is call up a university, claim to be his representative, and ask for money in exchange for his signature.  Wow.  Had I known that, I would have torched the Alabama football program years ago. 

Seriously?  That hack piece you wrote about Cam Newton just robbed me of any respect I ever had for you, and I have been a fan for years.  What the hell??  Guilty until proven innocent?  Seriously???  Kenneth Rogers is the only presumably guilty party in this story.  Why is everyone calling this Rogers guy a "Newton representative" instead of saying "a man claiming to represent Newton, claims which are complete speculation at this point and have no basis in fact..."??  I guess it is more fun to torch a young man's reputation, although for the life of me I cannot figure out why.  You talk every week about integrity, and you showed NONE in that article.  NONE.

The media reports are also stating that Auburn already knew about this whole "Rogers calling MSU thing" - and back in July, did their own investigation, worked with the NCAA and determined there was NO REASON to keep Cam off the field.  WHY call for his benching now?  WHY ruin his Heisman chances?  Why even speculate about Chizik getting fired?  Why go there?  Do you even know all the facts yet?  If not, then what the HELL?

I just cannot believe your kneejerk reaction into the rest of the media feeding frenzy.  I really thought you would be one of the calmer heads, since you have always been one to find the REAL story behind it all.  That's why I enjoy your stuff so much... or should I say "enjoyed".  You have completely let me down.  And maybe you don't give a shit about that, and maybe you will rationalize this away as me being an Auburn homer, but a fan is a fan.  And now you have one less.  You have literally broken my heart.  You are just some stupid sportswriter - but you were my favorite.  Hands down favorite.  Cannot wait until Tuesday and the Cavalcade favorite.  And now... you are just another shark in the bloody feeding frenzy.

I think you messed up. Messed up bad.  I just hope that when all this is cleared up, that you are man enough to offer Cam and his dad an apology in the same space where you pilloried them today.

War Damn Eagle. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »

i would've made fun of his name too.  thayer...is there anything gayer.  perhaps, taylor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
I have never wanted you more than I do right at this moment. :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.