Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: WHAT...THE...FUCK... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »
Hmmm. Interesting choice of words...

Hardly seems like the words of someone who was shopping his son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:40 AM »
To support this further:

Anyone remember this quote from back in January?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/23/juco-qbs-dad-didnt-want-son-to-be-a-rented-mule/Hmmm. Interesting choice of words...

Eh...I think he was just saying that Cam would be a one-man band at MSU.  He didn't want his kid to have to shoulder the entire load.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »
Eh...I think he was just saying that Cam would be a one-man band at MSU.  He didn't want his kid to have to shoulder the entire load.

I thought that when I read the quote months ago...now, I am honestly not sure...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 10:11:14 AM »
I thought that when I read the quote months ago...now, I am honestly not sure...

Double edged sword though.  If he was in fact referring to payments, he's admitting he knew about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »
Is it not reasonable to believe that IF this shit about Rogers and MSU is true, would it not make sense that Cam's dad wanted him to steer clear of MSU and go to the other school in contention (Auburn) so as to distance themselves from any kind of shadiness going on over there?

Entirely true, and I mentioned that to several people.  That won't be speculated on though, as doing the right thing doesn't make for interesting copy or talk radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: WHAT...THE...phuk... Cash sought for Cam Newton
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
This is a non-issue. Any Alabama fan worth his salt wants Cam Newton to play. This should go away by Sunday.

Non issue?  You can't be teaching kids and be that ignorant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2010, 10:45:11 AM »
This is a non-issue.

That is a dumb ass statement...

Any Alabama fan worth his salt wants Cam Newton to play. This should go away by Sunday.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. I don't believe that shit for one single minute...

Cam will run through Alabama like he has run through every fucking team Auburn has played. The only way Alabama has a chance to stop Cam is if Cam doesn't play. I know that and you know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
That is a dumb ass statement...

Cam will run through Alabama like he has run through every fucking team Auburn has played. The only way Alabama has a chance to stop Cam is if Cam doesn't play. I know that and you know it.

I don't care how paranoid it looks, how it makes me look like I need a tin foil hat.  Bammers are behind the RELEASE of this and it's timing.  Everybody involved has known about this since this summer, at the latest, and maybe earlier.  This was sat on by the Alabama media, then released to the national media to make it look like it's them running with it.  Actually a great strategy on the part of the local boys, Finebaum et al.  As I said before, had there been any hint of smoke in Auburn, let alone fire, nobody would have waited to see what Cam did on the field, they would have tried to submarine this season in August, and the Auburn program and Chizik for a long time, and they would have done it then, not now.  NOBODY thought Cam or Auburn would be this good.  THAT'S why it's even being released at all.  If Auburn were 6-3, and Cam just another QB, we'd not be hearing this bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
Hey, I am just trying to say the sky is not falling. Cam will be fine allbarn will be fine and I do believe Alabama would beat allbarn with Cam. Being a competitor I want to beat the best. Beating a team without their best player is an empty win. A win, yes, but you did not beat the best. Plus I do not want to hear, "we would have won if Cam had played." Win, lose or draw I want allbarn full strength.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
I don't care how paranoid it looks, how it makes me look like I need a tin foil hat.  Bammers are behind the RELEASE of this and it's timing.  Everybody involved has known about this since this summer, at the latest, and maybe earlier.  This was sat on by the Alabama media, then released to the national media to make it look like it's them running with it.  Actually a great strategy on the part of the local boys, Finebaum et al.  As I said before, had there been any hint of smoke in Auburn, let alone fire, nobody would have waited to see what Cam did on the field, they would have tried to submarine this season in August, and the Auburn program and Chizik for a long time, and they would have done it then, not now.  NOBODY thought Cam or Auburn would be this good.  THAT'S why it's even being released at all.  If Auburn were 6-3, and Cam just another QB, we'd not be hearing this bullpoop.

Herbie thought you would win the west and the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Token

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »

I normally agree with most of your opinions, but I can't with this.  Cam is a damn good football player.  Much better than I thought he was capable of being.  I absolutely want Cam to play against Alabama.  I think Alabama is good enough to beat Auburn WITH Cam, why in the hell would I want to hear "Bama only won because Cam was out"?  Auburn has a damn good team, led by the best player in college football this year.  BUT, Auburn struggled at times against MSU and Kentucky on the road, in semi-hostile environments.  Now I'd agree that Auburn is a different team now than they were against MSU, but Kentucky was only a few weeks ago.  And neither situation was anywhere near what Auburn will face in Tuscaloosa.  So yeah, I want to see Auburn ranked #1 with Cam on Black Friday.  And although I'm certain there is a % of Bama fans who'd like to see him suspended, there are more than a few of us who want to see him play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
Herbie thought you would win the west and the SEC.

But thought Alabama would win the MNC.  Just sayin'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »
I normally agree with most of your opinions, but I can't with this.  Cam is a damn good football player.  Much better than I thought he was capable of being.  I absolutely want Cam to play against Alabama.  I think Alabama is good enough to beat Auburn WITH Cam, why in the hell would I want to hear "Bama only won because Cam was out"?  Auburn has a damn good team, led by the best player in college football this year.  BUT, Auburn struggled at times against MSU and Kentucky on the road, in semi-hostile environments.  Now I'd agree that Auburn is a different team now than they were against MSU, but Kentucky was only a few weeks ago.  And neither situation was anywhere near what Auburn will face in Tuscaloosa.  So yeah, I want to see Auburn ranked #1 with Cam on Black Friday.  And although I'm certain there is a % of Bama fans who'd like to see him suspended, there are more than a few of us who want to see him play.

Because if you guys think that you can beat Auburn with Cam, what do you think the odds are without him? If Auburn is the only thing between Alabama and another national championship, you don't want every edge? Bullshit. I am not buying this.

I don't give a rat's ass about Alabama, but I have posted here that I would take any break in the world to win a national championship, including Alabama needing to find players off the intramural field because the team has mono. So, If Alabama can play for the national championship, but to do that, you have to play Auburn with Cam, or Auburn without Cam, you would choose with? Bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »
Because if you guys think that you can beat Auburn with Cam, what do you think the odds are without him? If Auburn is the only thing between Alabama and another national championship, you don't want every edge? Bullshit. I am not buying this.

I don't give a rat's ass about Alabama, but I have posted here that I would take any break in the world to win a national championship, including Alabama needing to find players off the intramural field because the team has mono. So, If Alabama can play for the national championship, but to do that, you have to play Auburn with Cam, or Auburn without Cam, you would choose with? Bullshit.

^^^he knows teh bammers. 

Facts are (as I proof is needed), bammers, a goodly number, would love to see ANY team potentially in their way not only beaten on the field, but put on probation, stripped of scholarships, bowl bans, the whole works.  Many a bammer remembers when it was Bammer, UT, and the rest of the SEC for the most part, and they liked it that way. 

Bammers love championships, but hate competition. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »
I despise even having to talk about this shit.  It makes me sick to my stomach to have the focus taken off what to date, has been a dream season.  Honestly, they don't come around that often at AU and no matter how it will/would have/could have turned out, this would have been one for the ages. 

It's like every time Cam or this team has done something great, I keep telling myself this is too good to be true.  Well fuck it.  Someone's gone and said yep, it was too good to be true.  I'm gonna' just whip it out and piss aaaalllll in your corn flakes.  AU may win out.  A lot of good stuff can still happen but this story is going to be THE story for weeks to come.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2010, 11:20:26 AM »

Bammers love championships, but hate competition.

And yeah, I get it what WE said amounts to the same thing...difference is, Auburn wasn't on a national smear campaign against Bammer or their star player last year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
Hey, I am just trying to say the sky is not falling. Cam will be fine allbarn will be fine and I do believe Alabama would beat allbarn with Cam. Being a competitor I want to beat the best. Beating a team without their best player is an empty win. A win, yes, but you did not beat the best. Plus I do not want to hear, "we would have won if Cam had played." Win, lose or draw I want allbarn full strength.

The problem is NH that we all know Auburn and Cam will be fine.  None of us think that the sky is falling.  However sufficed to what some people believe, Auburn truly is a family and when you burn our university and one of our players, it pisses us off. 

This is a witch hunt, pure and simple!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
I despise even having to talk about this shit.  It makes me sick to my stomach to have the focus taken off what to date, has been a dream season.  Honestly, they don't come around that often at AU and no matter how it will/would have/could have turned out, this would have been one for the ages. 

It's like every time Cam or this team has done something great, I keep telling myself this is too good to be true.  Well fuck it.  Someone's gone and said yep, it was too good to be true.  I'm gonna' just whip it out and piss aaaalllll in your corn flakes.  AU may win out.  A lot of good stuff can still happen but this story is going to be THE story for weeks to come.

This. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. Imagine if you are Cam Newton. What if you didn't do anything wrong. What if you got your second chance and have worked your ass off to get to where you are now. Cam Newton is a house hold fucking name. And now, it is being dragged in the mud. Because of ONE guy.

It may sound gay, but all I can think about is that big ass smile that Cam has, and the fun it looked like he has had at the university that I love. Is he still going to be smiling? Has a little part of him died? I know that I would be going fucking nuts having these people that don't even know me defile my name. I hope Cam is a bigger man than me. I hope is can look at this and laugh. I want to see him keep smiling. Not a fake smile, but the smile that I loved seeing. The smile like, wow, this shit is so awesome. Because that's how I smile every time I watch Auburn football. That is the smile that I have every time I see a tiger walk. That is the smile that I have every time I hear the Auburn fight song. That is the smile that I have every time I see the "Auburn City Limits" sign again. And for that reason, we have a bond. And because of that,  I am fucking pissed...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions