Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If Bama played Auburn today

Token

If Bama played Auburn today
« on: October 17, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »
We lose by 14+.  Sure, my B team quarterback (who's attempted 3 passes this season) could throw for 250 against your secondary, but that won't matter, because McElwain has been swapping offensive philosophies with Tommy Tuberville.

If we are in shotgun, don't worry about the run.  You also don't have to worry about our receivers stretching the field.  No, we are going to hit a 5 yard route or dump it off to Richardson.  When in the pistol formation, you only have to guard between the tackles, because that's where we are going to run it.  Wildcat,  you ask?  Just defend the 1 and 2 holes, because that's where it's going.  And don't worry about any other formations, that's all we got.

Fuck me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:33:18 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: If Bama played Auburn today
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »
We lose by 14+.  Sure, my B team quarterback (who's attempted 3 passes this season) could throw for 250 against your secondary, but that won't matter, because McElwain has been swapping offensive philosophies with Tommy Tuberville.

If we are in shotgun, don't worry about the run.  You also don't have to worry about our receivers stretching the field.  No, we are going to hit a 5 yard route or dump it off to Richardson.  When in the pistol formation, you only have to guard between the tackles, because that's where we are going to run it.  Wildcat,  you ask?  Just defend the 1 and 2 holes, because that's where it's going.  And don't worry about any other formations, that's all we got.

Fuck me.

There are lots of bammers and even some Auburn folks that, until recently, would translate that to mean: "Bammer plays power football, and Auburn has to resort to gimmicks".  Course, that all changes when the landscape changes...now it's "McElwain sucks calling plays". 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:44:40 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:50:21 AM »
There are lots of bammers and even some Auburn folks that, until recently, would translate that to mean: "Bammer plays power football, and Auburn has to resort to gimmicks".  Course, that all changes when the landscape changes...now it's "McElwain sucks calling plays".

I'm going to read that a few more times and try to respond.  Right now?  I'm not sure what the fuck that means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »
I'm going to read that a few more times and try to respond.  Right now?  I'm not sure what the fuck that means.

When all that stuff you're saying bammer does was working the last 2 years, it was "power football".  Now, it's "McElwain Sucks, and the game plan sucks". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
Hey RWS, are you still impressed with your team?  LMFAO!!!!

BTW, SPuat's impressive win so far this season....Arkansas, and that ain't too impressive.

SPuat over Penn State - PSU isn't ranked anymore.

SPuat over UF - UF isn't going to be ranked come Sunday evening.

SPuat over Arkansas - As I said previously here and a few weeks ago, that this is SPuat's only impressive win (and SPuat looked like shit getting the win.)

SPuat over USCe - Wait...nevermind, lol

SPuat over the Rebel Black Bears - Looked like shit getting that W...never figured that Nutt's gameplan was to have Masoli throw bombs on nearly every pass play, it wouldn't have mattered, the receivers would've dropped the passes anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 01:08:36 AM »
When all that stuff you're saying bammer does was working the last 2 years, it was "power football".  Now, it's "McElwain Sucks, and the game plan sucks".

Power football is lining up inside the 15 and running the ball.  Power football is lining up and running the football with 2nd and 5 or less.  That's what we did for the last two years.  This year?  We're throwing.  And it's not just that we're throwing, (we are pretty balanced) we're not disguising the plays.  We have hardly ran ANY shotgun for the last two years.  This year?  We've spent a lot of time in shotgun.  And we rarely run out of it. 

I'm not going to go back through the play-by-play and show you how many more times we've thrown in short yardage situations than we have in the last two years, and I DAMN sure ain't going to get into an offensive play breakdown with you, but the play calling this year (especially in the redzone) has changed dramatically. 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:14:34 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »

BTW, SPuat's impressive win so far this season....Arkansas, and that ain't too impressive.

SPuat over Arkansas - As I said previously here and a few weeks ago, that this is SPuat's only impressive win (and SPuat looked like shit getting the win.)

SPuat over the Rebel Black Bears - Looked like shit getting that W...never figured that Nutt's gameplan was to have Masoli throw bombs on nearly every pass play, it wouldn't have mattered, the receivers would've dropped the passes anyway.

Although I have already admitted that Auburn would beat Alabama if we played today, there is still a lot of football left, and we still have to play.  All it takes is Cam going down and Auburn is fucked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »
Power football is lining up inside the 15 and running the ball.  Power football is lining up and running the football with 2nd and 5 or less.  That's what we did for the last two years.  This year?  We're throwing.  And it's not just that we're throwing, (we are pretty balanced) we're not disguising the plays.  We have hardly ran ANY shotgun for the last two years.  This year?  We've spent a lot of time in shotgun.  And we rarely run out of it. 

I'm not going to go back through the play-by-play and show you how many more times we've thrown in short yardage situations than we have in the last two years, and I DAMN sure ain't going to get into an offensive play breakdown with you, but the play calling this year (especially in the redzone) has changed dramatically.

I haven't paid close enough attention to see what you're seeing, or not.  Couldn't debate it with you at all. 

IF things have changed like you said, then that may be a reason things aren't working so smoothly.   I did hear many in the off season opining that they thought they needed to open it up a bit in the passing game.  Not that Nicky would capitulate to fans wants and desires.  I also know that McElwain went out to Nevada to study the Pistol offense this off season...maybe they did make some serious changes, but watching casually, I haven't seen it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
I'm seriously not going to spend the time to track the last two seasons, but I did in SEC action this season. 

Inside the redzone:

Passing attempts: 29
Incomplete attempts: 12
Sacks: 6
Interceptions: 2

Rushes: 16

That's damn close to being a 2:1 pass/run ratio inside the redzone.  That doesn't look like power football to me, nor does it look like anything we've done in the last few seasons.  Only twice have we ran 3 straight rushing plays, and both times resulted in touchdowns.  So it's not as though we can't run in the redzone, we have just chosen not too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:56:51 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:06 AM »
Although I have already admitted that Auburn would beat Alabama if we played today, there is still a lot of football left, and we still have to play.  All it takes is Cam going down and Auburn is fucked.
You 100% right about Cam. If he gets hurt were all fisted!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:37:01 AM »
You 100% right about Cam. If he gets hurt were all fisted!

Kiss my ass!

Signed,
Barrett Trotter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »
Something doesn't look right with bama right now. It's one of those things that is hard to put your finger on. Like there is no team chemistry, or some locker room troubles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »

Yeah, I mean it's not like Dyer, Fannin, Blake, McCallebb, Ethridge or Byrum put any points on the board Saturday.   :rolleyes:

Bammer's new spin- Cam Newton is the only player Auburn has got.  Old spin- Cam Newton is all hype.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
Yeah, I mean it's not like Dyer, Fannin, Blake, McCallebb, Ethridge or Byrum put any points on the board Saturday.   :rolleyes:

Bammer's new spin- Cam Newton is the only player Auburn has got.  Old spin- Cam Newton is all hype.

Let us not forget the standard bammer mantra any time Auburn comes up with even a decent player, much less a star: "He's gone to the NFL first chance he gets" stated as if A: no other star does that, and B: that it's because folks would rather be anywhere but Auburn and not because a fucking buttload of money is offered. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 10:44:31 AM »
I'm seriously not going to spend the time to track the last two seasons, but I did in SEC action this season. 

Inside the redzone:

Passing attempts: 29
Incomplete attempts: 12
Sacks: 6
Interceptions:

Rushes: 16

That's damn close to being a 2:1 pass/run ratio inside the redzone.  That doesn't look like power football to me, nor does it look like anything we've done in the last few seasons.  Only twice have we ran 3 straight rushing plays, and both times resulted in touchdowns.  So it's not as though we can't run in the redzone, we have just chosen not too.
The red zone numbers were low and I listened  to Nick talk about the two minute in depth and it seems that since the Penn State game,  McElroy (once a game manager) is now in a permanent two minute Elway mode and the rest of the offense is at its mercy. I questioned that after the SC game and RWS said that discussion was unpopular on Bama boards. How dare any fan question this offense? We were outplayed.

Bullpoop, the best athletes can run the T or I and beat you by executing blocks, with sound tackling and making fewer mistakes  than the other team. This team has gone away from the play action it ran so effectively against EVERYBODY. That was what kept other teams off balance, not pistol, not McElway or teams "catching up" to this offense. South Carolina did play inspired football, but only after Bama went all two minute after the first three possessions which included 5 carries for 24 yards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »

Godzirra no ruse game since junior correge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »

We get it. Whatever happens, Alabama is the worst team in football, and Auburn is the best. We are horrible for having to come back against Mallett, but AU is the best ever for having to slug it out against his backup.

Just a few days ago you were talking about how OM was more physical than UF, we ain't seen nothing yet, and how OM was going to "pilage" Tuscaloosa. But that isn't the case today, because we won. We are actually horrible because we won.

Would AU beat us today? Hell yes. Did we look like shit last night? Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
RWS, I am curious to what you think about this post I made.

Something doesn't look right with bama right now. It's one of those things that is hard to put your finger on. Like there is no team chemistry, or some locker room troubles.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I am genuinely curious. Something just doesn't look right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »
RWS, I am curious to what you think about this post I made.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I am genuinely curious. Something just doesn't look right.
Oh, there is certainly something wrong. I'm all about using what works, and don't freak out because you lost one. But if its not working, its not working. Something has happened in the past few games. We should not be having problems on offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »
We get it. Whatever happens, Alabama is the worst team in football, and Auburn is the best. We are horrible for having to come back against Mallett, but AU is the best ever for having to slug it out against his backup.

Just a few days ago you were talking about how OM was more physical than UF, we ain't seen nothing yet, and how OM was going to "pilage" Tuscaloosa. But that isn't the case today, because we won. We are actually horrible because we won.

Would AU beat us today? Hell yes. Did we look like shit last night? Yes.

Hell with Mallet's back up..our offense just torched a very good SEC defense...they were top 20 in both total and scoring defense.  This just in, our offense is good.  Best team in football?  Today, we could probably beat anyone even with our shitty defense.  Come Dec. or Jan?  Who knows.  Here's something to ponder though...this Sat will go a long way to sorting out the West.  You have to think that as things stand now, that LSU is going to give bammer trouble with their defense.  Clearly the East...well who gives a shit?  The SEC west wins the SECC, whether it's Bammer, Auburn, or LSU. Right now, LSU and Auburn are in the drivers seat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions