Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Defense..What Would You Do?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Defense..What Would You Do?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »
I'm always anxious for a guy who couldn't win the job from a guy who sux, to get the job due to the sucky guy's injury.  Like AUTiger1 said, I'm not willing to lay the blame in any one spot...BUT some of these guys have played ball well in the past, and have not improved...and I look more at the position coach than the DC...namely Lolley.   The Rock improved his group a poopload in one season, and did it with help from Freshmen.  Lolley got seasoned vets returning from injury along with younger guys who have some experience due to the veteran's injuries, and they haven't improved one phuking iota.

Why does no one mention Thigpen when talking about our DB's?  Is Lolley in charge of the DB's more so than Coach Thig?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
I'm always anxious for a guy who couldn't win the job from a guy who sux, to get the job due to the sucky guy's injury.  Like AUTiger1 said, I'm not willing to lay the blame in any one spot...BUT some of these guys have played ball well in the past, and have not improved...and I look more at the position coach than the DC...namely Lolley.   The Rock improved his group a shitload in one season, and did it with help from Freshmen.  Lolley got seasoned vets returning from injury along with younger guys who have some experience due to the veteran's injuries, and they haven't improved one fucking iota.
Both Lolley and Thigpen are coaching DB's. I am just wondering if this hurts more than it helps having two guys do the same job. When Chizik was DC at Auburn, he coached the DB's and they were off the chain. I sure wish he would turn these guys around like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »
Both Lolley and Thigpen are coaching DB's. I am just wondering if this hurts more than it helps having two guys do the same job. When Chizik was DC at Auburn, he coached the DB's and they were off the chain. I sure wish he would turn these guys around like that.

Kirby Smart is listed as the "secondary coach" at Alabama, but I know Nick coaches them too.  Some staffs have a separate coach for DEs and DTs.  DBs are a large unit...I don't know what each coach's job is...I know our DBs are the weak link on this team.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
If I was an offense playing us, I would run the bubble screen until we stopped it. 

I am of the opinion that we need to play a more aggressive press man on the outside.  let the safeteys play over the top and put more pressure on the QB by sending  a couple extra rushers.  If you get beat fine, but a little more pressure D could provide a few mistakes by the other QB that can put us up by the needed couple TD's to pull away.

As much as I hate it we are playing to outscore the opponent and just a few stops a game can be the difference.  The days of Pat Dye/Tuberville defense wins games are over for a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »
If I was an offense playing us, I would run the bubble screen until we stopped it. 

I am of the opinion that we need to play a more aggressive press man on the outside.  let the safeteys play over the top and put more pressure on the QB by sending  a couple extra rushers.  If you get beat fine, but a little more pressure D could provide a few mistakes by the other QB that can put us up by the needed couple TD's to pull away.

As much as I hate it we are playing to outscore the opponent and just a few stops a game can be the difference.  The days of Pat Dye/Tuberville defense wins games are over for a while.

I think zone blitz, not man.  Same basic theory as yours though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
Kirby Smart is listed as the "secondary coach" at Alabama, but I know Nick coaches them too.  Some staffs have a separate coach for DEs and DTs.  DBs are a large unit...I don't know what each coach's job is...I know our DBs are the weak link on this team.

Thats kind of what I'm saying. From what I have read in the past, Chizik goes from group to group. The way he had the DB's, this being the main group he coached up, playing in his DC tenure, I would think he could get these guys to step more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »
Thats kind of what I'm saying. From what I have read in the past, Chizik goes from group to group. The way he had the DB's, this being the main group he coached up, playing in his DC tenure, I would think he could get these guys to step more.

Shut up you dumb fuck. You are the worstestest poster of like the All times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 10:33:49 PM »
Shut up you dumb fuck. You are the worstestest poster of like the All times.

No shit, apparently I am. I make no sense whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »
No shit, apparently I am. I make no sense whatsoever.

Depends on which Message Board expert/nerd you ask.

Message Board posters who care enough to critique other message board posters' quality is irony at its finest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
Depends on which Message Board expert/nerd you ask.

Message Board posters who care enough to critique other message board posters' quality is irony at its finest.

You're out of your element, Donnie! :bar:
#1) Don't you ever mention God
#2) Don't ever fuck with woopig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »
You're out of your element, Donnie! :bar:
#1) Don't you ever mention God
#2) Don't ever fuck with woopig

Thou shalt idolize no other films but the Big Lebowski and Old School.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Thou shalt idolize no other films but the Big Lebowski and Old School.

Don't be such an insider GH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions