Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

XBox or PS3

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: XBox or PS3
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »
My TV doesn't have HDMI input, but it does have high def component input, so that's what I'm using.  I'm jealous of all you assclowns that have HDMI.
We have 4 televisions and a 26 inch "monitor" that all have HDMI inputs, but no HD Programming because my wife, the accountant, holds the checkbook and apparently my balls in a nice leather bound checkbook.  At least I am halfway there.  I have XM in my car and a DVR, but we can't go the extra $10 a month to upgrade to HD. :fag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
Sucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »
We have 4 televisions and a 26 inch "monitor" that all have HDMI inputs, but no HD Programming because my wife, the accountant, holds the checkbook and apparently my balls in a nice leather bound checkbook.  At least I am halfway there.  I have XM in my car and a DVR, but we can't go the extra $10 a month to upgrade to HD. :fag:

Don't feel bad buddy.  Every guy on this board (that is married) even if they don't admit to it, has to check their balls at the door, and hope that the wife will let you take them to work with you the next morning. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 02:35:39 PM »
I went playstation...then xbox....I am now back with sony and the PS3.

I love it when I get to play it. FWIW

BTW most experts still say the PSU is one of the best Blueray players on the market.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »
I think everyone who has posted or lurked on this forum for the last two days knows that you don't know about those HDMI cables.  Why don't you save yourself some typing and put that question in your signature?  Damn.

Perhaps it's because nobody but Aubie16 knows about those mofo's anyway.  Unless you are holding some out of this world technological information from me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2008, 02:52:48 PM »
Glad to see you took my advice about the signature. 

And since we're on the subject, when I asked a guy in Circuit City about HDMI Cables, he said that the difference between the cheaper cables and the more expensive cables is negligible.  He even told me to go down to Radio Shack and get the $20 cables, and that they'd work just as good.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:54:25 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »
Glad to see you took my advice about the signature. 

I'm sure it won't help anyway since you all you fucktards are still running rabbit ears
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »
Why don't you take a peek at my edit above your post there, chief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »
Why don't you take a peek at my edit above your post there, chief.

Oh sure, just covertly slide that info in at your own leisure.

But the dude at Best Buy told me the same thing.  He said unless you're running a Blue Ray on a 1080P, then it just doesn't matter what you're running with as far as HDMI is concerned.  So now we know that all the electronics box store folks are in agreeance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »
Thrilla ....sorry I didn't read this whole thread when I posted just the first couple of threads from Kevin and I posted my short diatribe on the PS3 from my cell.

This is the HDMI cable you want to get and yes you don't want to use the one that comes with any component, and what Aubie16 said was right as long as it isn't more than 25' these cables are just as good as monster.

HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (24AWG) w/ Net Jacket - 6ft (Gold Plated Connectors) (link to monoprice)

Regarding PS3 and 1080p it is everything that is advertised and more....I have a Sony 52" LCD and it looks sweet. The thing that makes the PS3 a great Blueray player is its ability to upgrade through software. Also those clamoring about the 360's online play ability, I play COD4 exclusively online and have never had a problem, plus its free.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:40:31 AM by BK AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »
Thrilla, as long as you buy and Hdmi with gold plated connectors you will get a great picture, I bought all 3  of mine from Walmart and the quality is perfect! I bought the  Phillips 6 foot cord for 19.99 and I am very pleased. To back Bk up just dont us the component cables and you will be just fine! :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »
Thanks.  I just may get it this weekend subject to your review.
My son didn't like the Wii as much as I thought he would, and he just got a Nintendo DS for his birthday...so the Wii may officially be mine now.

Played it about 15 minutes last night, and I thought it was fun.  A fighting game where you fight as Mario and other Nintendo characters.  I think it would be fun to play against someone online.  If you get it, send me your console number.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 09:14:36 AM »
Played it about 15 minutes last night, and I thought it was fun.  A fighting game where you fight as Mario and other Nintendo characters.  I think it would be fun to play against someone online.  If you get it, send me your console number.
I couldn't wait and bought it last night.  Of course, I got to play for maybe 5 minutes before the little one took over.  I may have some serious competition at home, but I will get the console number tonight and send it to you.
FYI...Donkey Kong is the shit on there, and the Ice Climbers are teh sucks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
Thrilla, as long as you buy and Hdmi with gold plated connectors you will get a great picture, I bought all 3  of mine from Walmart and the quality is perfect! I bought the  Phillips 6 foot cord for 19.99 and I am very pleased. To back Bk up just dont us the component cables and you will be just fine! :vn:
actually thats not entirely true...just get the ones that I linked to from monoprice, plus they are cheaper then the ones Jumbo bought ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
I couldn't wait and bought it last night.  Of course, I got to play for maybe 5 minutes before the little one took over.  I may have some serious competition at home, but I will get the console number tonight and send it to you.
FYI...Donkey Kong is the shit on there, and the Ice Climbers are teh sucks

My number is 4779 0725 3504 7826.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »
BK and Jumbo -   'Preciate cha.  That's what I was looking for.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »
BK and Jumbo -   'Preciate cha.  That's what I was looking for.   

Let me know how they work out for you.  We're going to be getting a new TV this summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 12:30:42 PM »
DigiTimes claims to have learned from industry sources that Lite-On is developing an internal Blu-ray Disc drive for the Xbox 360 game console.

Lite-On's shipments of the BD ROMs to Microsoft will start in the second half of 2008, the sources added. Lite-On is currently one of the suppliers of Xbox 360-use internal DVD-ROM drives.

Microsoft has decided to switch to BD for its Xbox 360 game consoles after Toshiba announced to discontinue HD DVD, the sources said. The BD-ROM drives that Lite-On is developing for Microsoft are for the next-generation Xbox 360 game consoles, the sources said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
DigiTimes claims to have learned from industry sources that Lite-On is developing an internal Blu-ray Disc drive for the Xbox 360 game console.

Lite-On's shipments of the BD ROMs to Microsoft will start in the second half of 2008, the sources added. Lite-On is currently one of the suppliers of Xbox 360-use internal DVD-ROM drives.

Microsoft has decided to switch to BD for its Xbox 360 game consoles after Toshiba announced to discontinue HD DVD, the sources said. The BD-ROM drives that Lite-On is developing for Microsoft are for the next-generation Xbox 360 game consoles, the sources said.

Thanks for that.  I'm all over it when it comes out.  Hopefully it will make a nice Christmas present but I'm sure a more realistic date is early 2009.

Those HDMI cables that BK recommended (HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (24AWG) w/ Net Jacket - 6ft-Gold Plated Connectors) work just fine.  I see somewhat of a difference btw. these cables and the generic ones that Directv gave me.  It's a clearer picture for sure.  The sound is the same. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
I just got a PS3 last night, and my new 52" Samsung LCD will be delivered on Wednesday...still no HD though.
Any games out there that are "must buy" for the PS3?  I have always bought the College Football game for the 2, but I am anxious to see what it looks like on the PS3.

By the way, anyone got any ideas on what kind of HDMI cables I should buy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions