Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

XBox or PS3

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: XBox or PS3
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »
I just got a PS3 last night, and my new 52" Samsung LCD will be delivered on Wednesday...still no HD though.
Any games out there that are "must buy" for the PS3?  I have always bought the College Football game for the 2, but I am anxious to see what it looks like on the PS3.

By the way, anyone got any ideas on what kind of HDMI cables I should buy?
Call of Duty 4, and Guitar Hero III if you like addiction.  I assumed the HDMI cables come with the system...at least that is the way it is with X-Box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Call of Duty 4, and Guitar Hero III if you like addiction.  I assumed the HDMI cables come with the system...at least that is the way it is with X-Box.
I have thought about Guitar Hero, but I don't want my 6 year old to get a hold of something like COD yet anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 07:25:02 PM »
I have thought about Guitar Hero, but I don't want my 6 year old to get a hold of something like COD yet anyway.

donkey kong is teh kool. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 03:00:14 AM »
I just got a PS3 last night, and my new 52" Samsung LCD will be delivered on Wednesday...still no HD though.
Any games out there that are "must buy" for the PS3?  I have always bought the College Football game for the 2, but I am anxious to see what it looks like on the PS3.

By the way, anyone got any ideas on what kind of HDMI cables I should buy?
Awk is right Guitar Hero 3 is the shit! I say wednesday go to best buy and pick up Gran Turismo 5 for the low price of 39.99 the previews of the game look amazing! I just found out my Ps3 has built in Wifi so  I can play guitar hero in line 24-7 though my wireless router! Tiger Woods golf is one of my favorites and  I cant wait for Ncaa09 to come out! I have Philips Hdmi cables and I love them 19.99 at Walmart. The Areosmith Guitar Hero comes out in June! Congrats on the huge Ass Tv and Ps3!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
Awk is right Guitar Hero 3 is the shit! I say wednesday go to best buy and pick up Gran Turismo 5 for the low price of 39.99 the previews of the game look amazing! I just found out my Ps3 has built in Wifi so  I can play guitar hero in line 24-7 though my wireless router! Tiger Woods golf is one of my favorites and  I cant wait for Ncaa09 to come out! I have Philips Hdmi cables and I love them 19.99 at Walmart. The Areosmith Guitar Hero comes out in June! Congrats on the huge Ass Tv and Ps3!
Soooooo...the Philips cables, huh?  I saw some at Sam's Club for either $18.99 or $19.99, but I don't remember the brand.
I have debated about whether to get the Tiger Woods game for Wii or PS3, and I think I may go with the Wii game so I can get all that exercise...
NCAA09 is a definite once it comes out, and you guys have me itching to get Guitar Hero now.
Thanks for the HDMI help.  Gold connectors or not though?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:13 AM »
Soooooo...the Philips cables, huh?  I saw some at Sam's Club for either $18.99 or $19.99, but I don't remember the brand.
I have debated about whether to get the Tiger Woods game for Wii or PS3, and I think I may go with the Wii game so I can get all that exercise...
NCAA09 is a definite once it comes out, and you guys have me itching to get Guitar Hero now.

I have TW for both, and I play the Wii version much more than I do the PS3 version.  It's a different playing experience to actually swing the club vs. sitting on the couch and doing it with your controller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 01:22:59 PM »
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3661&seq=1&format=2

That's the link BKAU gave me a month ago for some decent HDMI cables that are about $10 a pop.  I ordered some as I wasn't satisfied with the ones Directv gave me.  They are a little bit thicker as they're designed for in-wall installation but I have mine running from the back of the TV to my receiver (not "in the wall" per se) and it doesn't really matter if nobody's going to be behind your TV.  You'll save a little money and I saw an improvement in the 1080p picture quality (when compared to the generic cables Directv sent me) but the sound quality seemed to be the same to my untrained ear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
It's got to be Gold Baby Yeah!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:32:32 PM by jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »
Just got my PS3 today.  Extra controller, HDMI cables and a few games.  I'm a racing and golf game type of guy, so I'll have to get into GH3 as time goes along.  Besides, I'm terrible at it..haha....

Looking forward to getting this all up and running!  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
Just got my PS3 today.  Extra controller, HDMI cables and a few games.  I'm a racing and golf game type of guy, so I'll have to get into GH3 as time goes along.  Besides, I'm terrible at it..haha....

Ps3 meet and greet nice! :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
Yeah, we'll get that hooked up here soon.  Just learning the thing...  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59:59 AM »

Just got mine up and running this weekend with the gold plated HDMI cables and all...it is te shit.  Got the MLB07 game cheap just to try it out, and if I can ever figure out how to pitch that will be a great game itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »
Just got mine up and running this weekend with the gold plated HDMI cables and all...it is te shit.  Got the MLB07 game cheap just to try it out, and if I can ever figure out how to pitch that will be a great game itself.

It kicks ass doesn't it! I bought Tiger Woods 07 for 29 bucks just to try it out and it rocked. Wait until you watch a Blu-Ray with the Ps3 hooked up to surround sound. speaking of blu-ray Target is having a Blu-ray sale with select titles going for $19.99, and Best buy is doing the same thing with some discs as low as $14.99
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
It kicks ass doesn't it! I bought Tiger Woods 07 for 29 bucks just to try it out and it rocked. Wait until you watch a Blu-Ray with the Ps3 hooked up to surround sound. speaking of blu-ray Target is having a Blu-ray sale with select titles going for $19.99, and Best buy is doing the same thing with some discs as low as $14.99
Gonna have to check those out.  Thanks for the heads up. 
BTW...I was able to Bogart the original copy again of Pirates, so if I can ever figure Nero out again, expect a surprise in your mailbox.  If I can't figure it out, expect another useless DVD...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
7 pages of X-Box...Playstation crap.  You people need to get a life.  That's why America is a bunch of lethargic, overweight, slobs.  Why, when I was growing up, we didn't have Xbox.  We had 3 channels on the tube and one of them was fuzzy and we liked it.  We weren't stuck indoors playing with our joysticks.  We were outside from the minute we got home, playing football or whiffle ball or shooting baskets in the driveway.  And that's why no one can shoot free throws anymore...because their not out in their driveways shooting baskets.  They're in the bedroom playing with their stations.

Why, when I was your age, me and my buddies used to make bicycles out of spare parts and jump over shit with em'.  Sometimes we wrecked and wrecked bad.  Half of our femurs would stick out of our skin from compound fracture.  Hurt like hell and sometimes made you pass out but we liked it.  After a good rain, me and my buds would get a couple of tire intertubes and head down to a drainage ditch and ride the rapids.  Oh sure, sometimes you'd wipe out in the nasty water and cut your arm real bad and the bacteria would get in there and cause a bad infection which eventually turned to gangreen and forced the doctor to amputate your arm just below the elbow.  But that's all part of bein' a kid and we liked it.

You and your damn Nintendos
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
7 pages of X-Box...Playstation crap.  You people need to get a life.  That's why America is a bunch of lethargic, overweight, slobs.  Why, when I was growing up, we didn't have Xbox.  We had 3 channels on the tube and one of them was fuzzy and we liked it.  We weren't stuck indoors playing with our joysticks.  We were outside from the minute we got home, playing football or whiffle ball or shooting baskets in the driveway.  And that's why no one can shoot free throws anymore...because their not out in their driveways shooting baskets.  They're in the bedroom playing with their stations.

Why, when I was your age, me and my buddies used to make bicycles out of spare parts and jump over shit with em'.  Sometimes we wrecked and wrecked bad.  Half of our femurs would stick out of our skin from compound fracture.  Hurt like hell and sometimes made you pass out but we liked it.  After a good rain, me and my buds would get a couple of tire intertubes and head down to a drainage ditch and ride the rapids.  Oh sure, sometimes you'd wipe out in the nasty water and cut your arm real bad and the bacteria would get in there and cause a bad infection which eventually turned to gangreen and forced the doctor to amputate your arm just below the elbow.  But that's all part of bein' a kid and we liked it.

You and your damn Nintendos
Old man, Did you have to walk up a hill both ways in he snow to get to school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »
Hell no.  I live in the South so it was 127 degrees, year round.  We complained, but we liked it.

X-Box my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."