Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
Thought Id do a little bumpola on my skreets....
Why? Is he visiting somewhere else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
Why? Is he visiting somewhere else?

Oh damn, I forgot only Prowler can bump a thread when something he says comes true later. Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
Oh damn, I forgot only Prowler can bump a thread when something he says comes true later. Sorry.
My bad. I thought that said May 11th...as in after he decommitted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »
Make no mistake, I hope Region is pancaking guys while in blue and orange, but after seeing some of his quotes, I'm not a huge fan of his "get me to the NFL" attitude.

Here are some quotes you never like hearing from a "team" player....

"...and what’s going to get me to the next level in the NFL"

"...especially people that have NFL connections"

"...every coach I’ve talked to says I’m the best guard they’ve seen"

"...but wherever I feel like can get me to the NFL, that’s where I’ll be"

"...I know that if I get down early and start working, I’ll be able to start for sure"

"...I should be able to come in and start wherever I go"

"...because I want to get to the next level where I can make some money"

He did qualify some of those statements with "if I work hard" etc, but still, you can "work hard" and still not start as a freshman or make it to the NFL. I don't like the assumptions. A confident kid can talk about possibilities and hopes, an arrogant kid talks with assumption and entitlement, which is what we see here with Region.

This isn't a "we don't want him anyway" post, this is a "I don't really care for his attitude but still hope he's running over defenses in the name of Auburn" post.  Part of me hopes he goes "where ever can get him to the NFL" and then he flops at a level that makes Ryan Leaf feel like a success.  I just don't care for the outspoken arrogance.  Little bit too douchey to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
Make no mistake, I hope Region is pancaking guys while in blue and orange, but after seeing some of his quotes, I'm not a huge fan of his "get me to the NFL" attitude.

"...I know that if I get down early and start working, I’ll be able to start for sure"

He did qualify some of those statements with "if I work hard" etc, but still, you can "work hard" and still not start as a freshman or make it to the NFL. I don't like the assumptions. A confident kid can talk about possibilities and hopes, an arrogant kid talks with assumption and entitlement, which is what we see here with Region.

This isn't a "we don't want him anyway" post, this is a "I don't really care for his attitude but still hope he's running over defenses in the name of Auburn" post.  Part of me hopes he goes "where ever can get him to the NFL" and then he flops at a level that makes Ryan Leaf feel like a success.  I just don't care for the outspoken arrogance.  Little bit too douchey to me.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:15:23 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
Quote from: jadennis link=topic=8731.msg127204#msgj127204 date=1273960242

This isn't a "we don't want him anyway" post, this is a "I don't really care for his attitude but still hope he's running over defenses in the name of Auburn" post.  Part of me hopes he goes "where ever can get him to the NFL" and then he flops at a level that makes Ryan Leaf feel like a success.  I just don't care for the outspoken arrogance.  Little bit too douchey to me.

Like I said before, you can't listen to this kid or see his actions and 100% honestly believe he has his head on straight. I'm not going to be mad at some kid over where he goes to college. However, I can be mad over the manner in which he does it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »
Like I said before, you can't listen to this kid or see his actions and 100% honestly believe he has his head on straight. I'm not going to be mad at some kid over where he goes to college. However, I can be mad over the manner in which he does it.

Exactly. 
We must also remember how much we all knew at that age.   :sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
Exactly. 
We must also remember how much we all knew at that age.   :sarcasm:
I understand what you're saying, but even at 17, there has to be a certain amount of level headedness that goes along with being recruited by major D1 schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
I understand what you're saying, but even at 17, there has to be a certain amount of level headedness that goes along with being recruited by major D1 schools.

At 17 there is little level headedness that goes into anything.  Add to the equation that most of these kids have had their respective asses kissed for at least a couple of years and that is a recipe for cockiness.  That is why there are the upperclassmen to "handle" things when they get on campus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »
For the record, my position from the beginning has been:
And for the record, I have no clue if Region will end up at Auburn. If he does great, if he doesn't, that's fine too. But as of right now, he made Saban look like the total ass clown that we all know him to be.

In my opinion, the pressure is squarely on Saban. And he is feeling the pressure by pressuring these kids to commit early and then not enjoy the process. Fuck you Saban. Not everyone likes to be treated like a little bitch. Sure, the media likes it when you slap them around...they will still stick your dick in their mouths...but not everyone likes it. Fuck you. Your time is coming you little prick...

I don't give a fuck (if he switches back). He bitch slapped Saban today. Told his a big "FUCK YOU". That shit is funny to me. If he switches from Auburn back to Alabama, that is something that Saban has to live with.

If I asked a girl out, and she completely embarrased me in front of everyone and called me and my family a bunch of names, I'll be damned if I would accept a date from her later on. If Saban does, so be it.

As I have said, Saban is going to have to swallow a lot of pride if he accepts this kid. Not only that, but he is still recruiting a kid currently committed somewhere else. Either way you look at this, whether the kid goes to UA or not, Saban looks like an asshole in this situation. It's why I have gotten such a big kick out of it...

I never liked this kid picking Auburn because he was the end all be all at OG. I am sure he is a good player. I just  thought it was hysterical HOW he picked Auburn. If he ends up at Alabama, so be it. Both Regions and Saban will have a lot of crow to eat...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
As of his last interview on Rivals, he still didn't know where he would end up. He was pretty consistant through all of his interviews that he could play either, but didn't know where he would end up. Seeing as how this coming season, other than Lutz, AU will have a converted QB as a TE, I wouldn't imagine it is beyond belief that he could play TE.
Oh, thanks for telling me what I think.
Different coaches. Different offense. Different situation entirely. I might wake up with a full head of hair tomorrow. Every recruit might turn out to be an All-American. So, let's just get rid of this whole ranking thing alltogether and rate every recruit a 5*. I mean, if we're going to judge everything by potential.....
Kinda like you might go to a bama game before you die? Wait, never mind...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
Still my favorite poster on the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
You're pretty fixated on that, aren't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »
You're pretty fixated on that, aren't you?

Maybe you just fail to comprehend just how fucking funny it is, in a stereotypical bammer sort of way! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »
Maybe you just fail to comprehend just how fucking funny it is, in a stereotypical bammer sort of way! 

This. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »
Hey RWS, I'll betcha I've been to Tuscalooser more than you have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 06:05:14 PM »
It's quite possible. I've been there 4 times. Been in BDS once, so it's possible you've been there more times than me as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »
I invented Tuscaslooser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
It's quite possible. I've been there 4 times. Been in BDS once, so it's possible you've been there more times than me as well.

You've only been to the town of Tuscaloosa four times? I've been more than that since college, and I've been to Auburn more times than that since football season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

You've only been to the town of Tuscaloosa four times? I've been more than that since college, and I've been to Auburn more times than that since football season.
Big Money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.