• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 06:28:20 PM »
isn't "worthy" to play for SPuat?

Spencer Region ranked #214 Overall Prospect in the Country....that's right bammers, he's in the early Rivals Top 250
I think he's worthy, skill wise. I simply don't like his attitude, and I hope they pull his offer. Good luck to him at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
I think he's worthy, skill wise. I simply don't like his attitude, and I hope they pull his offer. Good luck to him at AU.
The feeling is mutual....apparently.  BTW, I can understand why you wouldn't like his attitude.  I would too, if I thought he was playing me like a fool.  But, I would also decide to step back...get all the information that I could, before I completely write him off as a fuckin' asshole, especially if I had a sadistic piece of shit as my team's Head Coach.  Of course, that's just me.  Go ahead and blaze your own trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
The feeling is mutual....apparently.  BTW, I can understand why you wouldn't like his attitude.  I would too, if I thought he was playing me like a fool.  But, I would also decide to step back...get all the information that I could, before I completely write him off as a fuckin' asshole, especially if I had a sadistic piece of shit as my team's Head Coach.  Of course, that's just me.  Go ahead and blaze your own trail.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »
But, I would also decide to step back...get all the information that I could
I almost died laughing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
I almost died laughing.
Maybe you should axe one of your bammer friends, what Coach Sheban said to Coach Pendry in regards to Mr. Region.....while he was on the phone with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
But, I would also decide to step back...get all the information that I could, before I completely write him off as a fuckin' asshole,

First thing I thought of when I read this line:

Chocolate Rain, bitches!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
The feeling is mutual....apparently.  BTW, I can understand why you wouldn't like his attitude.  I would too, if I thought he was playing me like a fool.  But, I would also decide to step back...get all the information that I could, before I completely write him off as a phukin' butthole, especially if I had a sadistic piece of poop as my team's Head Coach.  Of course, that's just me.  Go ahead and blaze your own trail.

Gonna play your game here RWS. Swap the teams and situations - would you still be saying this about him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
I could care less what a guy does before he has even made it to his senior year. Who really cares? He is a huge kid and he will get a chance to play for whomever he wants. If he goes to allbarn great. If he goes to Slippery Rock cool. I am done talking about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »
Gonna play your game here RWS. Swap the teams and situations - would you still be saying this about him?
If he did the same exact thing and switches from Auburn to Alabama on NSD, for example, the kid is still going to be dead to me. I don't want our coaches to recruit him. I don't want him to play for Alabama. Not because he isn't skilled enough, simply because of his attitude. I understand he's a kid, and I understand that kids do stupid shit. It's fine if he wants to go to AU. No problems there. But the fashion in which he chose to do it in? Thats my issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
If he did the same exact thing and switches from Auburn to Alabama on NSD, for example, the kid is still going to be dead to me. I don't want our coaches to recruit him. I don't want him to play for Alabama. Not because he isn't skilled enough, simply because of his attitude. I understand he's a kid, and I understand that kids do stupid shit. It's fine if he wants to go to AU. No problems there. But the fashion in which he chose to do it in? Thats my issue.

His attitude of calling out a coach that was pressuring the fuck out of him to commit and then not take any more visits his whole senior year? Even though this should be a process he should enjoy and that should not be taken away from him?

Yeah. I'll take my chances on his "attitude".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
So, is it not reasonable to believe it may have very well been that Saban did, or said, that really pissed Spencer and his dad off to the point of changing his mind the morning of his commitment? So, the guy doesn't commit to bama, does that automatically deem him as a bad kid? All I am saying there is reports that have been floating around from the Scout guy about why SR changed his mind and the reason why things went down the way they did. Is it true, well I dont know, but I will say just because his commitment was done in the manner it was doenst make him a sorry kid. There are things that may have happen that we all would, from a fathers perspective, cause a sudden or "drastic" reaction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
If he did the same exact thing and switches from Auburn to Alabama on NSD, for example, the kid is still going to be dead to me. I don't want our coaches to recruit him. I don't want him to play for Alabama. Not because he isn't skilled enough, simply because of his attitude. I understand he's a kid, and I understand that kids do stupid poop. It's fine if he wants to go to AU. No problems there. But the fashion in which he chose to do it in? Thats my issue.

What if Saban caused them upon himself? Is it still SR's fault?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
Blasphemer. Saban is without fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

Exactly. Waiting on the answer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »
His attitude of calling out a coach that was pressuring the fuck out of him to commit and then not take any more visits his whole senior year? Even though this should be a process he should enjoy and that should not be taken away from him?

Yeah. I'll take my chances on his "attitude".
I really don't think he was pressured to commit. I think he let his emotions run rampant, and he committed early. He knew Saban's deal about no visits once you commit. He shouldn't have committed if he wanted to take visits. I mean, how hard do you think the staff had to recruit him or pressure him when he's telling anybody that will listen how he has dreamed of playing in BDS, has been waiting his whole life for an offer from Alabama, etc. For fucks sake, he only got his offer Jan 30th. He had his offer for 3 whole days before he committed privately. What did they do, call him every hour on the hour for three days and text him if he didn't answer they would kill him? Hold a gun to his head in Saban's office, where he didn't even commit on the spot, but went home and committed days later? Please. 

Go read some past stories from past recruits that have ended up signing with Alabama, and some that haven't. Alot of them say that one thing they appreciated was that they weren't pressured to commit on the spot. If you look at this situation obvectively and take into account that he had his offer for a total of 3 days, didn't commit on the spot when he got his offer, but called Saban a few days later and committed, you question how he could have been so heavily pressured. I mean, it works for AU fans because it gives you ammo to say "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!", and it works for AU coaches because they could get a commit to openly put down their in-state rival. Plus it works for AU, because his actions may make some schools hesitate about offering him. Less competition. But thats about all it is good for. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »
I really don't think he was pressured to commit. I think he let his emotions run rampant, and he committed early. He knew Saban's deal about no visits once you commit. He shouldn't have committed if he wanted to take visits. I mean, how hard do you think the staff had to recruit him or pressure him when he's telling anybody that will listen how he has dreamed of playing in BDS, has been waiting his whole life for an offer from Alabama, etc. For fucks sake, he only got his offer Jan 30th. He had his offer for 3 whole days before he committed privately. What did they do, call him every hour on the hour for three days and text him if he didn't answer they would kill him? Hold a gun to his head in Saban's office, where he didn't even commit on the spot, but went home and committed days later? Please. 

Go read some past stories from past recruits that have ended up signing with Alabama, and some that haven't. Alot of them say that one thing they appreciated was that they weren't pressured to commit on the spot. If you look at this situation obvectively and take into account that he had his offer for a total of 3 days, didn't commit on the spot when he got his offer, but called Saban a few days later and committed, you question how he could have been so heavily pressured. I mean, it works for AU fans because it gives you ammo to say "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!", and it works for AU coaches because they could get a commit to openly put down their in-state rival. Plus it works for AU, because his actions may make some schools hesitate about offering him. Less competition. But thats about all it is good for. 

You're a dumb ass...

Saban wants to stop Auburn's recruiting momentum. He is picking in-state players and planning when and where and pressuring them to commit at that time.

Region probably did want to play for Alabama and told Saban that he did. He just didn't want the pressure of committing when Saban told him to and then not letting him enjoy the process.

It makes much more sense than what you are spinning...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
You're a dumb ass...

Saban wants to stop Auburn's recruiting momentum. He is picking in-state players and planning when and where and pressuring them to commit at that time.

Region probably did want to play for Alabama and told Saban that he did. He just didn't want the pressure of committing when Saban told him to and then not letting him enjoy the process.

It makes much more sense than what you are spinning...
Prowler, is that you?? If this is the road we're going to go down, there is no point in even continuing the conversation.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:09:08 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
Prowler, is that you?? If this is the road we're going to go down, there is no point in even continuing the conversation.

What part of "this" doesn't make sense to you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
What part of "this" doesn't make sense to you?
I find it amusing that you gave the response that you gave, and in the same post, said that my response was totally unreasonable. You pretty much gave the response that I predicted; "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!"

Like I have said in previous posts, it's not like in 2008 where Alabama put a stranglehold on AU in recruiting. If you didn't notice, Alabama had a pretty damn good 2010 class too. AU had a pretty good class, and nobody knows who will even make it on campus yet, or know how they work out on the field. But oh, Alabama coaches are terrified. Because YOU say so. Rrrrrriiiiiight. In reality, neither of us know dick. We have our opinions, but that is about as far as it goes.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:25:15 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions