Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region

Re: Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
Since AU loses 4 experienced starting OL and 7 total OL after this season, I would imagine you guys would want to hang on to your OL recruits. Not saying that Regions' decommitment leaves you guys fucked, but I would imagine OL is a concern. I know you guys loaded up in the 2010 class, but outside of Coleman and Mack, the OL class really isn't star-studded. And unfortunately, (I certainly hope I'm wrong), Coleman may not be good to go.

Yeah, you've just conveniently left out the four star JC transfers and the others that have committed.  Also, Rivals hasn't even ranked the current prospects.  Good call on the star studded comments though.  I understand your need to stir the pot however.  Proceed if you must.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:24:58 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
Yeah, you've just conveniently left out the four star JC transfers and the others that have committed.  Also, Rivals hasn't even ranked the current prospects.  Good call on the concern and star studded comments though.  I understand your need to stay stupid shit though to stir the pot.  Proceed if you must.  
I'm not a bunker guy, so I didn't see the context there that may have caused panic.

This is how it was reported in the B'ham News.

Auburn commitment Spencer Region exploring other college options
By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News
May 06, 2010, 6:00PM

Cullman High School offensive lineman Spencer Region, who committed to Auburn in February, says he's opening up his recruitment and is considering other schools, according to AuburnUndercover.com and AuburnSports.com today.

Region committed to Auburn at a press conference that many expected he would choose Alabama. Region visited Auburn on several occasions after that, saying he would play for the Tigers.

Region told AuburnUndercover.com that, "I'm still committed, but my recruitment is pretty much open.''

"I haven't decommitted, but I'll be taking a lot of visits to make sure Auburn is where I need to be."

He told AuburnSports.com that "I'm back to being undecided."  

Those websites have more quotes and details, so check them out.

Region said he is considering Auburn as well as Alabama, Texas, Southern California, Georgia, Ole Miss, Penn State and Oregon.

Two other offensive linemen --  Reese Dismukes and Thomas O'Reilly -- committed to Auburn after Region announced he would sign with the Tigers.

I mean, this is exactly what Coleman did. Sounds like he's still committed but just wants to take visits. I'm fairly confident he stays with us.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:18:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
I'm not a bunker guy, so I didn't see the context there that may have caused panic.

Just a case of knee jerk reaction on some bunkerites part.  Some others here and there.  No worries at this point.  The kid's just doing what he said he'd probably do from day one.  It's also pretty dumb if he wants to be invited to take some official visits to be talking about how ironclad closed you are. 

All part of it.  It's a long way to February.  Ask RWS, he's great with calendars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
Yeah, you've just conveniently left out the four star JC transfers and the others that have committed.  Also, Rivals hasn't even ranked the current prospects.  Good call on the star studded comments though.  I understand your need to stir the pot however.  Proceed if you must.  
So, the only person I left out is Gayden. Other than him, and the other two I listed, you guys have two 3* OL and one 2* in the 2010 class. I simply considered Coleman and Mack the most talented out of the bunch. I didn't include anybody from the 2011 class because they haven't been ranked, and for that matter, you guys just had one decommitment. I mean, come on, it's May......I thought you were good with calendars? You made your little calendar argument and then went right against it all in the same post.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:47:56 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
So, the only person I left out is Gayden. Other than him, and the other two I listed, you guys have two 3* OL and one 2* in the 2010 class. I simply considered Coleman and Mack the most talented out of the bunch. I didn't include anybody from the 2011 class because they haven't been ranked, and for that matter, you guys just had one decommitment. I mean, come on, it's May......I thought you were good with calendars? You made your little calendar argument and then went right against it all in the same post.

Yep, Gayden.  What about Mosely (the TE that's coming in as a OL?)   4*'s according to Rivals.  Guess they weren't convenient for your stupid little snarky post originally.  You only missed it by half (2 of the 4).

Seriously.  You made a stupid comment.  You didn't simply consider Coleman and Mack "the most talented".  You stated that the others "weren't exactly star studded" not knowing, and not caring about what you were talking about. 

Seeing that 4 true freshman performed outstandingly for Auburn when Ziemba and the others came in, my point about the 2011 class infers that there might be good talent coming in you're not even considering.

It's not a calendar issue, dipshit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
Yep, Gayden.  What about Mosely (the TE that's coming in as a OL?)   4*'s according to Rivals.  Guess they weren't convenient for your stupid little snarky post originally.  You only missed it by half (2 of the 4).
As of his last interview on Rivals, he still didn't know where he would end up. He was pretty consistant through all of his interviews that he could play either, but didn't know where he would end up. Seeing as how this coming season, other than Lutz, AU will have a converted QB as a TE, I wouldn't imagine it is beyond belief that he could play TE.

Seriously.  You made a stupid comment.  You didn't simply consider Coleman and Mack "the most talented".  You stated that the others "weren't exactly star studded" not knowing, and not caring about what you were talking about. 
Oh, thanks for telling me what I think.

Seeing that 4 true freshman performed outstandingly for Auburn when Ziemba and the others came in, my point about the 2011 class infers that there might be good talent coming in you're not even considering.
Different coaches. Different offense. Different situation entirely. I might wake up with a full head of hair tomorrow. Every recruit might turn out to be an All-American. So, let's just get rid of this whole ranking thing alltogether and rate every recruit a 5*. I mean, if we're going to judge everything by potential.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »

This is how it was reported in the B'ham News.

I mean, this is exactly what Coleman did. Sounds like he's still committed but just wants to take visits. I'm fairly confident he stays with us.
I also saw this quote, which confirms my position on the matter.

"I'm an Auburn man," he said. "I'm still committed to Auburn. I'm still taking my visits because that's what coach (Gene) Chizik wants me to do. Right now, I'm going about my business, looking at everything, and making sure that Auburn is the fit for me and the place I need to be. That's all there is to that."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
I'm still taking my visits because that's what coach (Gene) Chizik wants me to do.

As opposed to the tiny tyrant in tuscalooooooser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
As of his last interview on Rivals, he still didn't know where he would end up. He was pretty consistant through all of his interviews that he could play either, but didn't know where he would end up. Seeing as how this coming season, other than Lutz, AU will have a converted QB as a TE, I wouldn't imagine it is beyond belief that he could play TE.
Oh, thanks for telling me what I think.
Different coaches. Different offense. Different situation entirely. I might wake up with a full head of hair tomorrow. Every recruit might turn out to be an All-American. So, let's just get rid of this whole ranking thing alltogether and rate every recruit a 5*. I mean, if we're going to judge everything by potential.....

God damn dude.  Your point was fucking stupid.

Since AU loses 4 experienced starting OL and 7 total OL after this season, I would imagine you guys would want to hang on to your OL recruits.

We're MAYYYYYYYBE in danger of losing one at this point.  Possibly picking up a few more before February.  Your point was fucking stupid from the start.  As far as the experienced part, that's the reason that half the guys you missed are Junior College transfers.  Also, rember, Christian lost his fourth star because of a bad performance in one game, otherwise was a four star all through his senior year in HS.  Go fuck yourself.

Not saying that Regions' decommitment leaves you guys fucked, but I would imagine OL is a concern.

...and it's being addressed.  Very well by the way, regardless of what happens with Region.  Dumbass.

I know you guys loaded up in the 2010 class, but outside of Coleman and Mack, the OL class really isn't star-studded. And unfortunately, (I certainly hope I'm wrong), Coleman may not be good to go.

Just wrong, and fucking stupid.  You missed at least one four star, and a second that probably WILL play OL. 

:fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
God damn dude.  Your point was fucking stupid.

We're MAYYYYYYYBE in danger of losing one at this point.  Possibly picking up a few more before February.  Your point was fucking stupid from the start.  As far as the experienced part, that's the reason that half the guys you missed are Junior College transfers.  Also, rember, Christian lost his fourth star because of a bad performance in one game, otherwise was a four star all through his senior year in HS.  Go fuck yourself.

...and it's being addressed.  Very well by the way, regardless of what happens with Region.  Dumbass.

Just wrong, and fucking stupid.  You missed at least one four star, and a second that probably WILL play OL.  

:fu:
So, basically, what we just got out of all of this, is I missed a guy. Jesus, and you complain that Kaos couldn't address a point without personal insults. You must be having a bad day.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:54:20 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 05:19:14 PM »
Since AU loses 4 experienced starting OL and 7 total OL after this season, I would imagine you guys would want to hang on to your OL recruits. Not saying that Regions' decommitment leaves you guys fucked, but I would imagine OL is a concern. I know you guys loaded up in the 2010 class, but outside of Coleman and Mack, the OL class really isn't star-studded. And unfortunately, (I certainly hope I'm wrong), Coleman may not be good to go.

Curretnly on campus now, and not set to graduate after this season"

Andre Harris 3 stars OL Hampton, GA
Lovejoy 6'4" 327 5.7

John Sullen 3 stars OL Auburn, AL
Auburn 6'5" 338  (Already Started 2 or 3 games as a Fr. at RG)

Roszell Gayden 4 stars OL Visalia, CA
College of the Sequoias 6'7" 310  (Projected to Start at RT coming out of spring)

Jorrell Bostrom OL 6-3 336 SR Nampa, Idaho (Bakersfield C.C.)

Jared Cooper OL 6-4 309 JR Brewton, Ala. (W.S. Neal)

2010 Class:

(Leaving out Shon Coleman for obvious reasons, but possible he could return)

Tunde Fariyike 2 stars OL Thomaston, GA
Upson Lee 6'3" 295

Eric Mack 4 stars OL St. Matthews, SC
Calhoun County 6'4" 315

Chad Slade 3 stars OL Moody, AL
Moody 6'6" 316 5.0

Brandon Mosley 4 stars TE Coffeyville, KS
Coffeyville C.C. 6'6" 285 4.9 (Listed as a TE on Rivals...will be an OL more than likely)

Current commits for 2011:

Reese Dismukes OL Spanish Fort, AL
Spanish Fort 6'4" 287

Thomas O'Reilly OL Marietta, GA
Pope 6'3" 313 5.4

You only play with 5 starting OL.  If you have 5 starters, and 3 to 4 that can play waiting behind them at any one time, you have enough.  Any more than that is gravy.   At least 3 of those listed above will have starting experience by 2012.  If we lose a recruit, it aint no biggie.  There will be others. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
Curretnly on campus now, and not set to graduate after this season"

Lovejoy 6'4" 327 5.7

Auburn 6'5" 338  (Already Started 2 or 3 games as a Fr. at RG)

Roszell Gayden 4 stars OL Visalia, CA
College of the Sequoias 6'7" 310  (Projected to Start at RT coming out of spring)

Jorrell Bostrom OL 6-3 336 SR Nampa, Idaho (Bakersfield C.C.)

Jared Cooper OL 6-4 309 JR Brewton, Ala. (W.S. Neal)

2010 Class:

Upson Lee 6'3" 295

Calhoun County 6'4" 315

Moody 6'6" 316 5.0

Brandon Mosley 4 stars TE Coffeyville, KS
Coffeyville C.C. 6'6" 285 4.9 (Listed as a TE on Rivals...will be an OL more than likely)

Spanish Fort 6'4" 287

Pope 6'3" 313 5.4

You only play with 5 starting OL.  If you have 5 starters, and 3 to 4 that can play waiting behind them at any one time, you have enough.  Any more than that is gravy.   At least 3 of those listed above will have starting experience by 2012.  If we lose a recruit, it aint no biggie.  There will be others. 

Like I said, I wasn't saying that Regions' decommitment left yall fucked, just that it should be a general concern. Hell, according to most folks here, Alabama was fucked for 09 because we had to replace 3 starters with some upperclassmen, and OL was one position we were pretty deep at. I was pretty concerned myself. Shit happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »
Currently on campus now, and not set to graduate after this season"

(2010 Signee) Brandon Mosley 4 stars OL Coffeyville, KS
Coffeyville C.C. 6'6" 290lbs. Jr. (RT battle between him and Roszell)

(2010 Signee) Roszell Gayden 4 stars OL Visalia, CA
College of the Sequoias 6'7" 310 Jr.

Lovejoy 6'4" 327 Rs. Fr.

Auburn 6'5" 338 So. (Already Started 1 game and played in 2 other games as a Fr. at RG)

Jared Cooper 3 stars OL Brewton, AL
W.S. Neal 6'4" 309 JR

2010 Signing Class:

Calhoun County 6'4" 315

Ed Christian 3 stars OL Valdosta, GA
Lowndes 6'5" 280

Moody 6'6" 316 5.0

Dakota Mosley 3 stars TE/OL Little Rock, AR
Little Rock Christian 6'4" 255 (coming in as a TE, will be an OL after redshirt year)

Upson Lee 6'3" 295

Spanish Fort 6'4" 287

Pope 6'3" 313 5.4

You only play with 5 starting OL.  If you have 5 starters, and 3 to 4 that can play waiting behind them at any one time, you have enough.  Any more than that is gravy.   At least 3 of those listed above will have starting experience by 2012.  If we lose a recruit, it aint no biggie.  There will be others.

Fixed a few things for ya.

and yes RWS, Auburn does need linemen...that's why we're recruiting some of the Big Dogs, but the possible loss of one, this early in the recruiting game, doesn't mean jack shit.  You still seem to have trouble with that thing they call a calendar.  With this coaching staff at Auburn, nothing is over until Feb.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:15:35 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »
So, basically, what we just got out of all of this, is I missed a guy.

..and a few others overall when it comes to the total point of what you said was dumbassery.

Jesus, and you complain that Kaos couldn't address a point without personal insults. You must be having a bad day.

Sorry.  I guess I snapped after seeing your 4,578,498th argumenative post just to be argumenative.  My bad.  I'll be sure to respect your personal space on the next one.

I'll play nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »
Why is there this much talk about a kid that hasn't even played a down of football in his senior year? He will go to allbarn and that is it. Good day! :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Token

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:37 AM »
Why is there this much talk about a kid that hasn't even played a down of football in his senior year? He will go to allbarn and that is it. Good day! :tits:

Because this is a recruiting forum ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »
Because this is a recruiting forum ?

*cha-ching*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
Alrighty then. I guess I will leave now. I am feeling a little embarrassed right now. Could this help? :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 03:54:39 AM »
Alrighty then. I guess I will leave now. I am feeling a little embarrassed right now. Could this help? :civic:
The :civic:  gets respect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
Real talk - no BS here.....

Talked to someone I know who works on the staff at CHS this morning. Here are a few tidbits I was told. TIFWIW.

** Spencer has a brother who seriously likes the spotlight and likes making a scene. Does this mean anything? Who knows. I can't verify he even has a brother - so again, TIFWIW.

** Its not likely and he does love Auburn for the time being but do not be surprised if he ends up somewhere else. He IS actively looking. This is from someone who sees this kid on a regular basis.

** Not only was he contemplating Auburn the hours before the presser, but he had actually decided on FSU in hus own mind before committing to Auburn.

If this info has already been reported from the skreets - then my apologies. If not, then enjoy. I love the offseason. :)

Thought Id do a little bumpola on my skreets....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE