Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Latest and greatest on Newton

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Latest and greatest on Newton
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
Practice what you preach. 
I usually stick to the facts, fuckin' dork.  Here's a fact for ya....

Nebraska's defensive coaches spoke at length to Coach Sheban,  Sheban was asking them about what they did to, basically, shut down the Texas offense.....Hmmm, I thought I had heard that "the great one" was above asking other coaches how to attack another team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »

Nebraska's defensive coaches spoke at length to Coach Sheban,  Sheban was asking them about what they did to, basically, shut down the Texas offense.....Hmmm, I thought I had heard that "the great one" was above asking other coaches how to attack another team.

The unfortunate answer for Saban was....  "Go get a Suh.  Good luck."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.....appreciate the art of self deprecation.
What you do behind closed doors, is your business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2009, 09:37:38 PM »
The unfortunate answer for Saban was....  "Go get a Suh.  Good luck."
Lol, it was more like..."you can borrow our front four, LMAO.  Good luck.  Another thing...wear a fuckin' bra."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:38:30 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:58 PM »
I hope Newton -- if he commits, signs, qualifies and emerges as a possible starter -- turns out well.  I feel better about him than I ever did about Rollison. 

I don't like the comparisons to Russell but don't think they're entirely accurate anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jadennis

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2009, 11:53:32 PM »
Lee said he "still believes" there could be an announcement tomorrow afternoon/evening, but it doesn't sound like he has any new information, just he still thinks it could happen per the previous rumor that he would announce New Years Eve.

This isn't in line with what his dad said however.  He assured everyone that they would give a 48 hour notice on when the press conference would be.  Maybe tomorrow we get an announcement that the press conference will happen Saturday?  Who knows, but from reading Jeff's post, it doesn't look so much like he had breaking news, as he was just sticking with earlier predictions/rumors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »
http://auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2009/12/28/recruiting-rewind-dec-28-quarterback-plans-thursday-announcement

Quarterback Cam Newton, as best we can tell, is seriously set on making his decision known on Thursday.

Newton, a Florida transfer who led Blinn (Texas) College to the junior college national championship, has apparently eliminated Oklahoma and will apparently choose between Auburn and Mississippi State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »

A "fact" that you can't prove beyond what you hear beyond whatever message boards you lurk/post on. Yes, Prowler, I'm certain our coaches are totally incapable of gameplanning against a team on their own. I'm sure they had to consult somebody to beat every team we played this season. Anyway, I think our coaches can gameplan just fine by themselves. I don't really see why they would seek the input of a team that lost to Iowa State, a school nobody can win at. I doubt our coaches got the team to a 25-2 record the past two years by tugging on the coat tails of other coaches for some scraps every game.

Oh, and just so you know, if AU wins against Northwestern, its because AU's coaches consulted heavily with Michigan State's coaches to figure out how to stop them.

It must really be painful to be you, Prowler. Chopper was trying to be decent in defending your dumbass, but you sure aren't doing him any favors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:18:54 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
A "fact" that you can't prove beyond what you hear beyond whatever message boards you lurk/post on. Yes, Prowler, I'm certain our coaches are totally incapable of gameplanning against a team on their own. I'm sure they had to consult somebody to beat every team we played this season. Anyway, I think our coaches can gameplan just fine by themselves. I don't really see why they would seek the input of a team that lost to Iowa State, a school nobody can win at. I doubt our coaches got the team to a 25-2 record the past two years by tugging on the coat tails of other coaches for some scraps every game.

Oh, and just so you know, if AU wins against Northwestern, its because AU's coaches consulted heavily with Michigan State's coaches to figure out how to stop them.

This is why I hate your dumb fucking ass. You honest to god think there is no way that Saban asked for game plan help. I have no idea if he did or didn't, but for you to think they need ZERO help whatsoever is just mind boggling to me. You are a fucking douche dude.

If you think coaches don't talk to other coaches about game plans, you're fucking dumb. Coaches call other coaches who they have played, to get different tendencies and suggestions......

You know what, fuck it. I was going to explain shit to you but I will just give you a big FUCK YOU instead...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:29:19 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
A "fact" that you can't prove beyond what you hear beyond whatever message boards you lurk/post on......I don't really see why they would seek the input of a team that lost to Iowa State, a school nobody can win at. I doubt our coaches got the team to a 25-2 record the past two years by tugging on the coat tails of other coaches for some scraps every game.
No one said that your coaches tugged on the coat tails of other coaching staffs for EVERY game.  No one, just you...being a fuckin' Drama Queen.

I guess Carl Pelini telling ESPN that they had spoken at length to Coach Sheban and having ESPN talk about it during the Nebraska raping of Arizona just isn't enough...is it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2009, 11:48:16 AM »
No one said that your coaches tugged on the coat tails of other coaching staffs for EVERY game.  No one, just you...being a fuckin' Drama Queen.

I guess Carl Pelini telling ESPN that they had spoken at length to Coach Sheban and having ESPN talk about it during the Nebraska raping of Arizona just isn't enough...is it?

That didn't happen

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

Nebraska's secret: blitz the fuck out of Texas' OL. Wow. Amazing. They didn't do anything special except get pressure on the QB. And no, I didn't catch anywhere in that game where they were talking about Nebraska's coaches helping Alabama's gameplan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »
Nebraska's secret: blitz the fuck out of Texas' OL. Wow. Amazing. They didn't do anything special except get pressure on the QB. And no, I didn't catch anywhere in that game where they were talking about Nebraska's coaches helping Alabama's gameplan.

Saban: How'd you do it, Bo?

Pelini: Well, just have Suh rush the QB.  What's that?  You don't have a Suh?  Yer fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
Nebraska didn't blitz Texas, that much.  Their front four were the ones that got the pressure on Colt all night...some of them were coverage sacks.  And yes they did talk about Coach Sheban begging the Nebraska defensive coaches to hand over information...Third Quarter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
Nebraska didn't blitz Texas, that much.  Their front four were the ones that got the pressure on Colt all night...some of them were coverage sacks.  And yes they did talk about Coach Sheban begging the Nebraska defensive coaches to hand over information...Third Quarter.

Saban was begging coaches to hand over information.  Bullpoop.

Did they talk?  Wouldn't surprise me.  Coach Bob Stoops was in Tuscaloosa for a practice in the last week.  Stoops also met with Saban before the season started.  Saban and Pete Carrol met before the season started.  It isn't uncommon for coaches to speak about strategies.  

But to imply that ANY professional coach at any level of competition is begging another coaching staff to hand over information is first class bullpoop.  And it sounds completely phuking ridiculous to make such a claim with ZERO first hand information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:05:35 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »

Did they talk?  Wouldn't surprise me.  Coach Bob Stoops was in Tuscaloosa for a practice in the last week.  Stoops also met with Saban before the season started.  Saban and Pete Carrol met before the season started.  It isn't uncommon for coaches to speak about strategies.  

But to imply that ANY professional coach at any level of competition is begging another coaching staff to hand over information is first class bullpoop.  And it sounds completely phuking ridiculous to make such a claim with ZERO first hand information.

This. All of it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
Saban asked Newton how to stop the horns?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »
I hope Newton -- if he commits, signs, qualifies and emerges as a possible starter -- turns out well.  I feel better about him than I ever did about Rollison. 

I don't like the comparisons to Russell but don't think they're entirely accurate anyway.

It seems like Rollison cant keep himself out of the doghouse to play anyway. I have heard similar things about the comparison too. It has more to do with the size comparison though, thank goodness. Newton is 6'6" and weighs in at 245.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

Yes, he begged for information...Begged I say, even offering up his first born.  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
Yes, he begged for information...Begged I say, even offering up his first born.  :rolleyes:
That insider info, plain and simple...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.