Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UH OH!!!!! Auburn sitting on a PLOI

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: UH OH!!!!! Auburn sitting on a PLOI
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2009, 06:52:07 PM »
First off...welcome back Pale Rider.

Secondly, who cares what someone does for a living or how much they make?  Does it make them a better person if they make more than the other? Nope.

Hell, I flip burgers for a living, so what...make fun of me, I don't care, I'll just laugh at ya.  I've poked at Kaos for everything that he's stated that he's "done"....so what.  I've even posted the picture of Farva in reference to RWS' job....so what.  It's all been done in fun.  But, when someone comes in claiming to be better or smarter than the other just because of what he does and or how much income they bring in, that's just classless.  BTW, I'm over 30 and I'm still trying to make it through College, without Federal Aid or Grants.  I mean I can only make so much flippin' burgers, so I have to take it slower than I'd like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2009, 06:59:54 PM »
Work is overrated.
I've been on unemployment all year.
Nothing happening in my scope for a money maker. No need to work just for the hell of working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
Who gives a Julio at what age you graduate from college?  It has often been my experience that older students make better grades on average than students right out of high school.  You know why?  They understand the application of the material, they give a Julio and they know that they are there to make their marketability better, not just play beer pong and chase tail.  

Nail on the head. I have discovered that I seem to study more and care more about my grades now then I did in high school and my first go around in college. My first trip to college, I thought getting a "C" was great. Now, I would get pissed if I got a "C" in a class. I understand that what I am doing now is about my livelihood, not just a piece of paper

Your military experience gains you all the credibility you will ever need.  The leadership skills gained there will surpass any you wil every gain in college.  My comments were aimed at someone who sits around and lobs insults and rumors at other fan bases and then trys to play the sympathy card when someone calls him out.

You are correct to a point. While I only made it up to E-4 and the most I ever commanded as an infantry soldier was a squad, that experience did help me get me into a management position, without a degree, fairly quickly out of the Army and I was able to work my way up to higher positions. I even got my that first management position (Asst. QA), over some people that had degrees because the HR person that hired me knew that the military taught me an attention to detail that the other applicants may not have had. However, for jobs that required certain skills that can only can from a college degree concentrated in that area, such as engineering or teaching, those leadership skills from the military were not going to get me those types of jobs. I hit a ceiling as far as what I could do and make leaning on my experience without a college degree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
I have discovered that I seem to study more and care more about my grades now then I did in high school and my first go around in college. My first trip to college, I thought getting a "C" was great. Now, I would get pissed if I got a "C" in a class. I understand that what I am doing now is about my livelihood, not just a piece of paper.
Study a little harder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
Work is overrated.
I've been on unemployment all year.
Nothing happening in my scope for a money maker. No need to work just for the hell of working.
Funny thing....when we had a 75% layoff at my previous job of 10 years, my buddy told me that he's going to take a job makin' about $8...I was like, "Dude, that'll put you at $320 a week, I make $280 a week on unemployment....and I don't do a damn thing, except for post on TigersX, I'd just wait it out until a better job comes open."  Well, he didn't take my advice, now he's fuckin' miserable.  Plus, his new job is about 30 miles away...LOL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
I'm drawing out of Mn.
I could go and work at a fab shop 45 miles away. The math doesn't work out. I'd be working for about $3 an hour versus fishing and fucking around.
I ain't working for less than minimum wage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »
I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!  I'M 40!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »
I like what I am doing so much that I decided to take on the jobs of three other people at the same pay starting back in August. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
I sued Checkers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »
I sued Checkers
I broke up a quarter acre and planted collards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2009, 04:04:12 AM »
I have 2 job's, someone give me some :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
Study a little harder.

Yeah, yeah, I caught that when I read it after I posted, but was too lazy to go back and edit it. I figured that most of the numb skulls on this board would not notice anyway. I did get an "A" in both my English Comp and Lit classes, so if I was writing a paper I would have corrected it. So,  :fu:

Hell, the fact that I was able to pull out an "A" in English Comp and Lit classes speaks volumes about my change in attitude as an adult. I HATED English Comp and Lit in high school. No subject ever came as close to my hate of those subjects. I liked to read back then, but I hated being told what to read and I despised writing papers. Now, I find literature an interesting subject to study.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions