Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 1

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Thoughts - Week 1
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
What a bunch of pussies.
Yeah, no shit.  I remember when I first saw the air conditioned pads.  Some lady said that it keeps the kids from over heating.  I was like, where the Fuck were those at when I was playing football in 110 degree heat during two-a-days?  Good God, kids these days.  In the future, there won't be any kids playing in the Stadiums.  It'll just be the Jumbotron showing NCAA '28 and they'll have two kids per team playing against each other, but you'll still have your thumb sprains....so, they'll have to come up with something that goes around your thumbs, to keep them from over heating.  Damn the future and get off my lawn you little bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
We didn't even have water at our practices. We had to earn water, and we didn't earn shit but bruises outside of gameday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

boartitz

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
We didn't even have water at our practices. We had to earn water, and we didn't earn shit but bruises outside of gameday.
When I was in high school we had an above ground pipeline running next to the practice field. It was made of cypress. Think of a barrel 8 miles long running from the waterwells to the paper mill. I shit you not.
If you were caught near that during practice, it was laps or Coach Pierce would make you see how much water you could drink and then laps.
I think he kicked Bear Bryant and the bear's ass in a tag team match by himself. Ex-WW2 Marine drill SGT.
The fieldhouse is named after him now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »
Yeah, when we were able to get a drink, twice...once before practice and once after conditioning, we drank out of a water hose that was hooked up to a rusted pipe.  If that was now, I could probably sue the school, for something....I'm guessing now it causes Cancer to drink from rusted pipe, whateva'.  We were Men those days, with the track coach as our conditioning coach, we also practiced on the baseball field that was full of ant hills...and I do mean FULL.  But, we got used to the ant bites...again, because we were Men in those days.  Also, our weight room was a large metal building out in open area...no shade, nothing.  No insulation, only one fan and we didn't get to use it, because that was for the baseball and basketball team.  And don't get me started on the weights benches.  I'll talk about one of them, one had a Nail that would stick through, towards the ass end of the bench...so, if you shifted around while trying to bench..you'd get a nice little poke with a nail (which was probably rusted).  Again, we didn't care, because that was all we knew.  But yet, we would get beat like a drum by the likes of Minor, Hewitt Trussville, Vestavia, Mountain Brook, Huffman (They've always had an OL the size of Andre Smith)...we were a small 5A HS, that was put in the 6A because they counted the students that went to our Vocational School as our students...eventhough the students came from Curry, Warrior and Fultondale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
Okay, I agree with the ghey shoulder pad thing.  But, how the hell do you become a better ball player by being deprived of water?  It makes you bigger, faster, stronger....how exactly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
Okay, I agree with the ghey shoulder pad thing.  But, how the hell do you become a better ball player by being deprived of water?  It makes you bigger, faster, stronger....how exactly?
It makes you hongry and tougher than a $2 steak. That, or delirious from dehydration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

boartitz

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
That was just the old mindset. Eat a lot of salt tablets. Carbonation was bad. No Cokes or beer. Bourbon straight up. No sex with the cheerleaders from Wednesday on.
We'd all meet at smoker's hill after practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
In the old days (way before my time) everyone believed it was bad for you to drink water during practice.  They were big on salt tablets, too.  My dad used to tell me about it along with walking back and forth to school in the snow, uphill both ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »
So, the team didn't look that bad.  The world didn't come to an end, and so you choose to pick at the coaches enthusiasm. 

No. 

I choose to question those who confuse "jumping around" with coaching prowess.  There is no relation whatsoever.  Coaches who "jump around" and "go nuts" in Tiger Walk and on the sidelines (typically) will lose their shit at critical moments in close games.  Give me studious, serious, intense and intent every minute of every day over "jumping around" and "going nuts." 

Who expected the world to come to an end after one game?  It's a process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
It's part of the overall blueprint for success.  I'm just referencing the one practice I saw but while there was a lot of "Jumping around" and animated gestures etc. there was also constant coaching associated with it.  They were in the players ears and instructing them the whole way.

Honestly, when Chizik got up in the refs face after that bogus PI call, that fired me up as much as anything I saw the players do.  I used to get so fucking pissed at Tuberville when I seemed to be 5X as mad about a call as he was and he just paced the sidelines with his arms crossed. I used to hate that fuck, Gene Stallings, but he flat out intimidated the refs and made sure the same screwing would not happen again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
It's part of the overall blueprint for success.  I'm just referencing the one practice I saw but while there was a lot of "Jumping around" and animated gestures etc. there was also constant coaching associated with it.  They were in the players ears and instructing them the whole way.

Honestly, when Chizik got up in the refs face after that bogus PI call, that fired me up as much as anything I saw the players do.  I used to get so phuking pissed at Tuberville when I seemed to be 5X as mad about a call as he was and he just paced the sidelines with his arms crossed. I used to hate that phuk, Gene Stallings, but he flat out intimidated the refs and made sure the same screwing would not happen again. 

Tuberville never chewed out a ref?  Never came out on the field and berated them? 

He wasn't emotional and his players didn't have devotion to him?

OK.   Then I never saw any of the below. 

You've revised history to suit your erroneous belief and to make things into what they are not. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Tuberville definitely had his moments.  Seems in 03' he didn't get animated once until the Bama game and he was about to lose his fucking job.  Then he went nuts on the refs.

Yes, there were plenty of emotional moments in his 10 years and I applauded the way he acted just like a fan with the 3-4-5-6 fingers.  But, quite often the guy was a stick on the sidelines and showed no interest in anything but his headset when his team got hosed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
Tuberville definitely had his moments.  Seems in 03' he didn't get animated once until the Bama game and he was about to lose his phuking job.  Then he went nuts on the refs.

Yes, there were plenty of emotional moments in his 10 years and I applauded the way he acted just like a fan with the 3-4-5-6 fingers.  But, quite often the guy was a stick on the sidelines and showed no interest in anything but his headset when his team got hosed.

We haven't seen how Chizik or that staff will react when he's getting beaten down. 

I guarantee you "going nuts" isn't going to help a damn thing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
We haven't seen how Chizik or that staff will react when he's getting beaten down. 

I guarantee you "going nuts" isn't going to help a damn thing. 

Probably true and the beatdowns are sure to come.  But in any tight game, I want the referees ass cheeks to be squeezed so tight, he can't possibly pull his flag out.

That referee on Auburn's sideline that threw the flags, looked like the black guy at the end of the AFLAC commercials by the time the corches got through with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »
Personally, I just see them as two different coaching styles.  Neither one is right or wrong, hopefully each coach knows how to get what he needs out of the kids his way.  In the same respect neither one really bothers me either, as long as we are winning.  If the coach wants to stand out there with an Auburn g-string and and his wifes best bonnet, but he beats opponents by 50 points, then Under Armor better damn well start making g-strings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »
Tuberville definitely had his moments.  Seems in 03' he didn't get animated once until the Bama game and he was about to lose his fucking job.  Then he went nuts on the refs.

I think Tubs was plenty emotional in years past, but it was clear last year that he was spent, and was over all emotionless. I think THAT's the image I have in my head.  He could get fired up, but it was GONE last year.

As far as Trooper Taylor jumping around, I think he's just that way, and there's no denying his receivers play well, and the energy is contagious.  I applaud it and hope it continues regardless of the game's outcome.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »
Personally, I just see them as two different coaching styles.  Neither one is right or wrong, hopefully each coach knows how to get what he needs out of the kids his way.  In the same respect neither one really bothers me either, as long as we are winning.  If the coach wants to stand out there with an Auburn g-string and and his wifes best bonnet, but he beats opponents by 50 points, then Under Armor better damn well start making g-strings.

As long as the g-string and bonnet are color coordinated.  All Auburn, all orange. 

That's hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »

Not going to make a big issue out of this, but "jump around" coaches are never long term. 

Coaching based on emotion is an automatic fail in the long run.  It can't sustain. 

We ridicule Houston Nutt for his sideline histrionics, but it's a big positive for Chizik?  Yeah.  I get it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »
I think Tubs was plenty emotional in years past, but it was clear last year that he was spent, and was over all emotionless. I think THAT's the image I have in my head.  He could get fired up, but it was GONE last year.

As far as Trooper Taylor jumping around, I think he's just that way, and there's no denying his receivers play well, and the energy is contagious.  I applaud it and hope it continues regardless of the game's outcome.

Two of those photos were from last year. 

Argument:  FAIL. 

Try again later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »
Not going to make a big issue out of this, but "jump around" coaches are never long term. 

Coaching based on emotion is an automatic fail in the long run.  It can't sustain. 

We ridicule Houston Nutt for his sideline histrionics, but it's a big positive for Chizik?  Yeah.  I get it. 

I just can't agree.

Signed,

Pete Carroll
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions