Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 1

Re: Thoughts - Week 1
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 08:06:44 PM »
Nick Fairly looked great, and I have to say that Dee Ford looked impressive as well.  Very fast.  We're going to cause some match up issues I believe this year.  If Fairly can earn some double teams (which they'll have to if he plays like last night), our ends like Colman, Carter and others are going to eat some QB's alive this year.  Great pressure up front could REALLY help our LB situation.

D looked good considering that Freeman, Carter and a few others didn't even play last night.

...also loved seeing Trooper Taylor going nuts yesterday.  Jumping up and down and keeping the mood upbeat over there.  The receivers played pretty well for a first game (my opinion).  I am convinced that TT is the Anti-Knox. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:11:53 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »

...also loved seeing Trooper Taylor going nuts yesterday.  Jumping up and down and keeping the mood upbeat over there.  The receivers played pretty well for a first game (my opinion).  I am convinced that TT is the Anti-Knox. 

You should have seen him at the TigerWalk...he was going nuts...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 11:40:23 PM »
You should have seen him at the TigerWalk...he was going nuts...

I hate that I missed it yesterday.  I'll be there for next week, or at least for WVU.  I like the fact that Chizik let the team go first.

Watching "The Zone" in B'ham.  Watching Doug Segrest, Mike Riata and Ray Mellick "try" to talk positive about Auburn is sickening.  Still are managing to do some bashing....  Making fun...   Ridiculous.  No credit.  None.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
     I was impressed with Auburn's freshman running back.  Very quick.  The qb looked OK, but for some reason he seems to try and throw off his back foot or something, didn't show much arm strength on deep throws.  The fake and throw on the out and up was pretty.     Auburn needs to work on hanging on to the ball, the fumbles kept it interesting long after is should have been a blowout. 
     All in all a nice first game.  Miss St. should give you another chance to iron out any kinks, build a little confidence, maybe get the team on a nice roll heading into the W. Virginia game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 06:21:10 PM »
"The players were having fun. The coaches were having fun," he said. "In the locker room before the game, coach (Trooper) Taylor was getting on everybody, telling them what they needed to do. Then I saw him during the game tackle my friend Dee Ford on the sideline after he made a tackle. It was crazy." - (5 Grillz) WR Jeremy Richardson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »
And even more thoughts because Week 1 won't end...or is this week 2? 

Miami...

- One of these teams made a statement that they're back.  I'll give you a hint: Da U. 

- Has found a quarterback.

- The defense needs work, but I can't think of many teams that will have more firepower than Florida State in the ACC.  Chalk up Oklahoma as a loss if their backup QB can be halfway decent.  Miami may be the new favorite to win the ACC if they keep playing like that.

- Has a tremendous amount of athletes just like every year.  If Shannon drops the ball again, it'll be time to hire Tuber...I mean, it'll be time to search for a new coach.

Florida State...

- Tremendous amount of athletes just like every year.  Bowden continually drops the ball, and it's time for him to retire. 

- Christian Ponder has enough talent to be a Heisman candidate.  He has a decent o-line along with lightning speed at receiver.  He should have a huge year.  If he doesn't, it's because Bowden needs to retire.

- Greg Reid is the next Eric Berry.  If he's not, Bowden needs to retire.

- Florida State lost due to a dropped pass at the end of the game.  Couldn't have been a better douche to drop it than Jarmon Fortson.  Bowden stole him from Auburn and the kid lost him the game.  I think it's time for Bowden to retire. 

Four more days until gameday, folks.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »
I'm going to go on record officially as saying those of you praising the "jumping around" of the coaches are completely off the beam. 

In the long run, calm and collected professionalism will get you a hell of a lot further than that monkey ass shit.   I understand that you have to motivate players and get their attention.  I understand that coaches and players should occasionally be emotional depending on the circumstance. But I am no fan of sideline clowns. 

I have no use for it at all. 

I certainly don't think it indicates any relevant abilities or skill. It's just a show.

I watched Mississippi State come on the field a few minutes ago in a game replay.  I was absoutey disgusted with that display. 

I was at a high school game Friday night and saw the coaching staff turn to the crowd (they were a bunch of jumping lunatics, too) and start waving towels to get the crowd fired up.  Coaches! 

You can keep your jumping coaches.  Even Muschamp,although he did know when to turn  it on and when to keep it in check.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »
I'm going to go on record officially as saying those of you praising the "jumping around" of the coaches are completely off the beam. 

In the long run, calm and collected professionalism will get you a hell of a lot further than that monkey ass shit.   I understand that you have to motivate players and get their attention.  I understand that coaches and players should occasionally be emotional depending on the circumstance. But I am no fan of sideline clowns. 

I certainly don't think it indicates any relevant abilities or skill. It's just a show.

I watched Mississippi State come on the field a few minutes ago in a game replay.  I was absoutey disgusted with that display. 

I was at a high school game Friday night and saw the coaching staff turn to the crowd (they were a bunch of jumping lunatics, too) and start waving towels to get the crowd fired up.  Coaches! 

You can keep your jumping coaches.  Even Muschamp,although he did know when to turn  it on and when to keep it in check.
^^^AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  What a fag^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »
We tried boring with Knox. I don't care if he wears pink and plaid outfits and does somersaults, if our receivers are improving and God forbid, enjoying themselves. JMO... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
All that I can agree on, except your Heisman candidate list, and I pray that you are being sarcastic.
So, you would swap Chris Todd and Colt McCoy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »

So, the team didn't look that bad.  The world didn't come to an end, and so you choose to pick at the coaches enthusiasm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
So, the team didn't look that bad.  The world didn't come to an end, and so you choose to pick at the coaches enthusiasm. 
Surely he meant to post that in the "How long will Coach Chizik allow Coach Malzahn to get away with this?......  " thread...

Right?....RIGHT?....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »
I believe that emotion is infectious, especially in a group of people that are supposed to be a TEAM.  It shouldn't be offense over here---> and defense over there <--- and no mingling in between.  This is ONE TEAM with people who play different roles.  So I for one am thrilled with the changes in attitude.  i don't see that as being clownish - I see a group of people who all share a love of football and who get excited about what they are doing.

I know that it is supposed to be just a job for the coaches.  But if you can't have fun where you work, then why do it?  As much as I love Tubs, he never looked like he was having fun or gave a tinker's damn... not about anything, win or lose.  No man is an island, but when you keep yourself hands off like Tubs did, you ahve to wonder what happens when the going gets tough and the guys need to see leadership from their head coach. 

I'll bet you most of those players would run through fire for Coach Chizik today - and when we win a big one - LSU or bammer - they probably will.

i make no apologies for feeling like this.  I felt damn good Saturday night and I intend to enjoy it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »
Even Muschamp, although he did know when to turn it on and when to keep it in check.
Nope, wrong again...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
Nope, wrong again...

Ok...In that picture, What the fuck is hooked up to the players?  Are they fucking androids or something?  Star Trek is gay and Texas cheats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 05:28:06 PM »
Ok...In that picture, What the fuck is hooked up to the players?  Are they fucking androids or something?  Star Trek is gay and Texas cheats.
It's a cold air or water system that is hooked to their shoulder pads' cool down system.  The shoulder pads have interwoven tubes inside them, to help keep the players from overheating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »

And you call yourself a fan...

Air-Conditioned Shoulder Pads Keep Football Players Cool

Researchers at the University of Florida Research Foundation have developed a Temperature Management System (TMS) that blows cool, dry air underneath the shoulder pads of football players during rest periods.

Football players often practice and play in hot, humid weather, which poses a risk for heat-related illness.  The researchers developed the TMS to mitigate the dangers of heat-related illness.  The TMS cooling system works with specially designed shoulder pads that have grooves or air channels to direct cool, dry air over the player’s back and chest.  They have also design a TMS air bladder to retrofit current “off-the-shelf” shoulder pads.

During rest periods players can “hook up” to a small, portable air compressor to get a blast of cool air for a short period of time before they continue with the game or practice.

A study performed by the University of Florida in Gainesville, and funded by a grant from the National Football League Charities, examined the effectiveness of the cooling system in 15 athletes.

The participants wore shoulder pads, shorts, and helmets during two testing sessions – one with and one without cool air blown under their shoulder pads.  They performed three exercise cycles that consisted of jogging and sprinting on a treadmill in a room with a heat index of approximately 92 degrees Fahrenheit.  Each exercise cycle was separated by 10-minute rest periods.

Dr. Mary Beth Horodyski and colleagues found up to a 1 degree drop in core body temperature when the cool air was blown under the shoulder pads.  They also found that it helped keep heart rate lower as the duration of the exercise sessions increased.

The University of Florida, screwing pensions for America's scientist inventors since 1965!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:31:34 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

boartitz

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
And you call yourself a fan...

The University of Florida, screwing pensions for America's scientist inventors since 1965!
Hooked up to Whorns, it's either sucking or blowing hot air. Fuck Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »
I am a fan, but not of robots, unless Dinosaurs are fucking them.

dinosaursfuckingrobots.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »
It's a cold air or water system that is hooked to their shoulder pads' cool down system.  The shoulder pads have interwoven tubes inside them, to help keep the players from overheating.
What a bunch of pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."