Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For the majority of fans that thought the "Tiger Prowl" was big......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
This might just top that.  This weekend Auburn is tentatively hosting around 23 of some of the top prospects in the country.  The Auburn Coaches are calling it the "Big Cat Weekend".  Coach Loop said that when he was thinking about what to call it, he just kept thinking about all of the big cats that are coming in this weekend.  There will be several contests for the prospects and the parents and coaches of the prospects will be taken away for their own special weekend.

Here's the visitors:

RB
Lache Seastrunk - Temple, Tx.
Marcus Lattimore - Duncan, SC.

WR
Shaun Kitchens - College Park, Ga. (Auburn Commitment)
Trovon Reed - Thibodaux, La.
Jeremy Richardson - Springville, Ala.
Antonio Goodwin - Atlanta, Ga.

OL
Shon Coleman - Olive Branch, Ms. (Auburn Commitment)
Eric Mack - St. Matthews, SC.
Chase Hughes - Springville, Ala. (Late Addition)
James Stone - Nashville, Tenn.

DL
Mike Thornton - Stone Mountain, Ga.
Ken Adams - Wesson, Ms. (JUCO)
Damian Jacobs - Houma, La.
Kenneth Carter - Greenville, Ala. (Late Addition)
Tank Sessions - Decatur, Ga. (Late Addition)
J.C. Copeland - LaGrange, Ga. (UT Commitment)

LB
Jake Holland - Pelham, Ala. (Auburn Commitment)
Khairi Fortt - Stamford, Conn.
Nigel Terrell - Pelham, Ala.
Ladarius Owens - Bessemer, Ala.
Jawara White - Troy, Ala.
Tyrone Cornelius - Stone Mountain, Ga.
Jessel Curry - Buford, Ga. (WVU Commitment)
Victor Beasley Jr. - Adairsville, Ga.

DB
Ryan Ayers - Douglasville, Ga.
Deion Belue - Tuscumbia, Ala. (Late Addition)
Dquan Menzie - Wesson, Ms. (JUCO) (Late Addition)
Jonathan Mincy - Decatur, Ga.

There will be more coming from the surrounding areas and possibly a couple more big names.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:50:47 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
So, all of these kids are burning one of their official visits on this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

So, all of these kids are burning one of their official visits on this?
They only get one. Why not? Skeered?
Good stratagery in my book. Bring a bunch in and see if they mesh. I don't know of anyone else doing this.
Auburn ain't the biggest school in your state and Tuscaloosa ain't the smartest school in yall's state.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:37:49 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Nope, these are Un-Official visits.  And the players will be separated into 5 or 6 competing teams along with current Auburn players.

Here's a picture of Lache Seastrunk during a recent camp:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

Nope, these are Un-Official visits.  And the players will be separated into 5 or 6 competing teams along with current Auburn players.

10' overthrown? So Kobi has a chance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

They only get one. Why not? Skeered?
Good stratagery in my book. Bring a bunch in and see if they mesh. I don't know of anyone else doing this.
Auburn ain't the biggest school in your state and Tuscaloosa ain't the smartest school in yall's state.
Last I checked, they get 5 each. Skeered? It almost reminds me of my 3 year old's birthday party, except without a huge inflatable pirate ship slide. AU will get who they are going to get, regardless. If a kid wants to commit to AU because of a glorified birthday party, then thats his choice, and he feels that is the best fit for him. I'm not going to run a kid into the ground because he made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his family. Alabama is going to get who they get, same for AU.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:11:12 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

With them staying two days and with stuff being provided by AU, I assumed they were officials. Especially with some of them coming from far away and stuff being done for the parents.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:00:47 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Not all of them will have their parents and/or HS coaches with them.  Also word is, some, if not most, are going to plan on being down at Auburn, together, for the same weekend, during the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Not all of them will have their parents and/or HS coaches with them.  Also word is, some, if not most, are going to plan on being down at Auburn, together, for the same weekend, during the season.

Leave it to a Mullet to try and put a damper on the fact that some of the top prospects in the nation are visiting Auburn this weekend.  They are.  Deal with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Last I checked, they get 5 each. Skeered? It almost reminds me of my 3 year old's birthday party, except without a huge inflatable pirate ship slide. AU will get who they are going to get, regardless. If a kid wants to commit to AU because of a glorified birthday party, then thats his choice, and he feels that is the best fit for him. I'm not going to run a kid into the ground because he made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his family. Alabama is going to get who they get, same for AU.

If this many quality recruits were visiting Alabama this weekend, your dick would have exploded with gloating/pride. 

Fair's fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

They only get one per school. If they took all 5 to one school they would be bammers fer shur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
it's going to be more than a birthday party bash.  I'm not going to divulge into what the contests are nor what the coaches have in store for the parents and coaches.  But, it will be things that haven't been done during the un-official visits that anyone knows about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

I'm not going to divulge into what the contests are nor what the coaches have in store for the parents and coaches. 
Mainly because you have no fucking idea what they are going to do, because the coaches even said they aren't going to tell everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

If this many quality recruits were visiting Alabama this weekend, your dick would have exploded with gloating/pride.  

Fair's fair.
Actually, we've had alot of quality recruits on campus at once before, sans birthday party. Will AU get a few commits out of it? Probably. Does it concern me? No. AU is going to get theirs, and we're going to get ours. We've done fine without cake and pie eating contests up to this point, and I don't really see that changing. If it works for you guys, then thats cool too.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:06:10 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Mainly because you have no fucking idea what they are going to do, because the coaches even said they aren't going to tell everything.
Yes I do haha and I ain't gonna tell you SHIT.  I knew about the "Big Cat Weekend" about a month ago, but I only told a select few...my "inside source" on the weekend festivities is Coach Luper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

Yes I do haha and I ain't gonna tell you SHIT.  I knew about the "Big Cat Weekend" about a month ago, but I only told a select few...my "inside source" on the weekend festivities is Coach Luper.
Riiiiiight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Coach Luper follows Prowler on Twitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Prowler was driving the limo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
It's the other way around, but same idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/124367130731010.xml&coll=2

Big Cat Weekend
Saturday, May 30, 2009
CHARLES GOLDBERG
News staff writer

AUBURN - The nation's top two high school running backs have a new hangout this weekend.

Lache Seastrunk and Marcus Lattimore are in Auburn for a recruiting visit along with the nation's No.2-rated wide receiver, the No.2-rated linebacker and the No.2-rated offensive guard and the No.4 offensive tackle.

Auburn coaches have dubbed this recruiting effort the Big Cat Weekend, and the marquee names make it one of Auburn's most attractive recruiting weekends in years.
Advertisement

Bringing in Seastrunk and Lattimore on the same visit is perhaps the boldest move since they play the same position.

Seastrunk and Lattimore are being courted by many of the country's top schools. But this new coaching staff has not been averse to stepping out.

Auburn generated plenty of headlines last month with its Tiger Prowl limo tour of state high schools.

Seastrunk is the No.1 running back in the nation according to Rivals. Lattimore is the No.1 running back according to Scout. Also on hand are Trovon Reed, the No.2 wide receiver, Khairi Fortt, the No.2 linebacker; and Eric Mack, the No.2 offensive guard, according to Rivals and Scout. Also visiting is James Stone, the No.4 rated tackle by Rivals.

Those six - none of whom is from Alabama - are part of a group of approximately 23 recruits visiting, according to AuburnSports.com.

Seastrunk and Lattimore have been wooed by the Auburn coaches, and both have spoken highly of the Tigers. Seastrunk is from Texas, and Lattimore is from South Carolina.

Mack is from South Carolina and plays a position Auburn desperately needs to fill.

Another big-timer is Fortt, a linebacker from Stamford, Conn. Rivals rates him as the No.2 outside linebacker, and he has offers from the likes of Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State and Southern California.

Others visiting, according to AuburnSports.com, include:

Receivers: Shaun Kitchens of College Park, Ga., (already committed to Auburn). Also, Jeremy Richardson of Springville and Antonio Goodwin of Atlanta.

Offensive lineman: Shon Coleman of Chatham, Va.

Linebackers: Jake Holland of Pelham (committed to Auburn). Also, Jawara White of Troy, Nigel Terrell of Pelham, Victor Beasley of Adairsville, Ga., LaDarius Owens of Bessemer and Jessel Curry of Buford, Ga. Check out Goldberg's blog at blog.al.com/goldmine. cgoldberg@bhamnews.com

So what's going on at Toomer's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions