Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For the majority of fans that thought the "Tiger Prowl" was big......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/124367130731010.xml&coll=2

So what's going on at Toomer's?
James Stone wasn't able to make it in, neither was JC Copeland.  Also, Shon Coleman is from Olive Branch, Ms.

Tonight there will be a "Big Cat" festival, at Toomer's around 9 O'Clock.  Everyone is welcome.  At the end of the festival, everyone will take part in Rollin' the trees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
James Stone wasn't able to make it in, neither was JC Copeland.  Also, Shon Coleman is from Olive Branch, Ms.

Tonight there will be a "Big Cat" festival, at Toomer's around 9 O'Clock.  Everyone is welcome.  At the end of the festival, everyone will take part in Rollin' the trees.
Pie, cake, watermelon eating contests, AND rolling a tree with toilet paper. Impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Pie, cake, watermelon eating contests, AND rolling a tree with toilet paper. Impressive.
They did a lot more that just have eating contests, which by the way, all of the prospects had a blast at.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

They did a lot more that just have eating contests, which by the way, all of the prospects had a blast at.
Oh, my bad. I forgot about the darts and ping-pong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

2-9 against Auburn in the last 11 meetings still fucking hurts, doesn't it? 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:56:35 PM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
They did more than that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

1-7 against Auburn in the last 8 years still fucking hurts, doesn't it?  
Yeah, but hey, I can deal with that. I don't see a streak like that happening again for a while. Hopefully we can keep some stability in the program. Even though it was only one win, if you said 36-0 didn't hurt, you would be lying. It seemed to hurt the higher-ups. A thorough ass whipping will do that sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:02:16 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

They did more than that too.
Oh, ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!

Thou doth protest too much. 

To this day I think the limo thing was cheesy and quasi-ridiculous.  But having a lot of quality players on campus at the same time, coordinating that deal to make sure they were all there and then doing your best to show them a decent time?  I got no beef with that. 

Hope it pans out and does some good. The limo stunt had zero lasting impact, IMO, but this just might. 

Note: Can we hire a PR person to come up with names and concepts?  "Tiger Prowl" and "Big Cat" make me queasy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Hater, should we have taken the recruits to a Dodge dealership instead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Yeah, but hey, I can deal with that. I don't see a streak like that happening again for a while. Hopefully we can keep some stability in the program. Even though it was only one win, if you said 36-0 didn't hurt, you would be lying. It seemed to hurt the higher-ups. A thorough ass whipping will do that sometimes.

It didn't hurt as bad as you fucktards would have liked.  We had the worst team in the last ten years.  You think our team really gave a shit after halftime in the Iron Bowl?  Alabama was playing for a spot in the NC; Auburn was still wondering when two-a-days started.  36-0 sucked, but it's not like you crushed our dreams last season.  

Why are so many Alabama fans (I'm referencing other message boards too) trying to downplay Auburn's big recruiting weekend?  Is it because Gene Chizik went 5-19 at Iowa St?  Is it because Auburn won 6 in a row against Alabama?  Is it because Alabama doesn't have a shot at a lot of the names in Auburn right now?  

None of your bashing makes any sense.  You and your kin should stay the fuck out of these threads.  You all look ridiculous.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

To this day I think the limo thing was cheesy and quasi-ridiculous.  But having a lot of quality players on campus at the same time, coordinating that deal to make sure they were all there and then doing your best to show them a decent time?  I got no beef with that. 

Hope it pans out and does some good. The limo stunt had zero lasting impact, IMO, but this just might. 

Note: Can we hire a PR person to come up with names and concepts?  "Tiger Prowl" and "Big Cat" make me queasy. 
That late night Pussy Party will get the recruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Khairi Fortt (sp?) drove from fucking Connecticut to hang out in Auburn for a few days. 

If these recruits are spending their own money to come to AU, they must have some serious interest.  They can have a cake eating contest in their own kitchen if they wanted to.  Something special is keeping them interested. 

Queasy, Kaos?  Come on.  I know you're skeptical of Chizik, but this is brilliant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Khairi Fortt (sp?) drove from fucking Connecticut to hang out in Auburn for a few days. 

If these recruits are spending their own money to come to AU, they must have some serious interest.  They can have a cake eating contest in their own kitchen if they wanted to.  Something special is keeping them interested. 

Queasy, Kaos?  Come on.  I know you're skeptical of Chizik, but this is brilliant. 

The name, not the event.  The names make me queasy.  That's why I said to hire a PR person. 

Christ a mighty, I give the guy some credit and it goes unnoticed....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The name, not the event.  The names make me queasy.  That's why I said to hire a PR person.  

Christ a mighty, I give the guy some credit and it goes unnoticed....

It was noticed that you gave credit but also took a stab as well.  Just be positive all the way through.  Try it with me:

"Thou doth protest too much.

To this day I think the limo thing was cheesy and quasi-ridiculous.  But Having a lot of quality players on campus at the same time, coordinating that deal to make sure they were all there and then doing your best to show them a decent time?  I got no beef with that.

Hope it pans out and does some good. The limo stunt had zero lasting impact, IMO, but This just might have a lasting impact

Note: Can we hire a PR person to come up with names and concepts?  "Tiger Prowl" and "Big Cat" make me queasy. "

I agree, Kaos!  War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
It was noticed that you gave credit but also took a stab as well.  Just be positive all the way through.  Try it with me:

"Thou doth protest too much.

To this day I think the limo thing was cheesy and quasi-ridiculous.  But Having a lot of quality players on campus at the same time, coordinating that deal to make sure they were all there and then doing your best to show them a decent time?  I got no beef with that.

Hope it pans out and does some good. The limo stunt had zero lasting impact, IMO, but This just might have a lasting impact

Note: Can we hire a PR person to come up with names and concepts?  "Tiger Prowl" and "Big Cat" make me queasy. "

I agree, Kaos!  War Eagle!

But I don't like the names... Still think the Tiger Prowl (name and concept) was cheesy and won't have a long-term benefit. 

But this was a good move.   I think pointing out that I'm not a sunshine pumper and willing to be objective makes the praise stronger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

To this day I think the limo thing was cheesy and quasi-ridiculous.  But having a lot of quality players on campus at the same time, coordinating that deal to make sure they were all there and then doing your best to show them a decent time?  I got no beef with that.  

Note: Can we hire a PR person to come up with names and concepts?  "Tiger Prowl" and "Big Cat" make me queasy.  
I don't think the whole getting them all on campus is a bad concept at all, but pie/cake/watermelon eating contests? Excellent concept, weird execution.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:52:13 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
IMO the name "Tiger Prowl" wasn't cheesy, but if it was up to you what would you have named it?  Also the concept, might've been cheesy to fans over 30, but it wasn't cheesy for kids at the age of 16-17.

Kaos, what would you have called this weekend's festivities?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

It didn't hurt as bad as you fucktards would have liked.  We had the worst team in the last ten years.  You think our team really gave a shit after halftime in the Iron Bowl?  Alabama was playing for a spot in the NC; Auburn was still wondering when two-a-days started.  36-0 sucked, but it's not like you crushed our dreams last season.  
And what did we contend for the majority of those years that AU beat us, other than the bottom of the SEC? Our program was pretty fucked up during that time as well, so if you can put a disclaimer on 36-0, then I could just as easily put one on most of the wins during the streak. AU enjoyed alot of success during that time. Our program was in shambles. That street runs both ways, you know. At the end of the day, you guys still beat us just the same.

Why are so many Alabama fans (I'm referencing other message boards too) trying to downplay Auburn's big recruiting weekend?  Is it because Gene Chizik went 5-19 at Iowa St?  Is it because Auburn won 6 in a row against Alabama?  Is it because Alabama doesn't have a shot at a lot of the names in Auburn right now?  
I think it is mainly because some AU fans are quick to throw it in our faces. During last season, I believe even you noted the "monster" that was developing in Tuscaloosa. Some AU fans were seeing the writing on the wall. Its the same reason our fans would throw shit in people's faces about Shula. Our program was in some deep shit and would magnify the smallest thing he did as a reason he was a God. I'm not saying this is the deal with AU, but I'm just trying to get you in the same ballpark that I'm thinking in, you know?

None of your bashing makes any sense.  You and your kin should stay the fuck out of these threads.  You all look ridiculous.  
Again, I think the CONCEPT of the "Big Cat" weekend is good. I just think everything thereafter is a little shakey. Thats just the opinion of a rival fan, and you can take that however you want it. The ultimate indicator will be results. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:53:26 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
The name is cheezy (according to 3 different 16-18 teenagers I asked). However the concept is a good one. I'll admit it shocked me, not as much as it probably shocked chizik but I was still shocked. In fact the concept helps to erase some of the limo embarrassment of course it will not matter much since these recruits will actually sign AFTER they see the product that chizik and the insane clown posse put on the field.
But still it was a good try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.