Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Love It or Hate It the Rumors Are Picking Up...

Love It or Hate It the Rumors Are Picking Up...
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
steam.   I'm not giving credence to any of it quite yet, but now specific names are coming into play.  One thread over on Rivals that started earlier today has over 5K hits on it with only 38+ responses in two hours.  Here's the original post on that thread. 

Redshirt Freshman
Post #51
Gadsden, AL
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I'm from Gadsden and rumors are everywhere........   Reply
I have lived in Gadsden all my life and my mother works in the Gadsden public school system. Rumors are everywhere concerning the NCAA and Gadsden City High School. They started last year with Jerrell Harris and have continued until today. I have seen pieces and parts of the rumors discussed every day on this forum, but I am going to try to recap what is being heard here.

1. NCAA has either already met with or has requested to meet with a coach at Gadsden City High School. His initials are (OS).

2. Three REC members in Gadsden have been accused of paying or providing cars (Dodge Chargers) to players in exchange for them committing to Alabama. One person is a Gadsden lawyer (RM), one is a Gadsden surgeon (BD) and the third is a Gadsden business man (DC). At least one of these men is said to REALLY be worried about this being made public.

3. There are tapes of at least one car being given to a kid. Research shows that one of the cars was bought and sold four times in a short period of time before is was given to the kid.

4. A private investigator was hired after Harris committed to Alabama last year. This investigator is who is turning the info over to the NCAA.

5. Two of the cars given have been taken away from the kids.

6. The three men mentioned above are accused of funneling the money through the coach mentioned above. This coach also has a new Ford truck.

7. The offensive lineman that switched his commitment to Ole Miss after Fluker committed to Bama is said to have receive $20,000 from these men and then they tried to get it back after he switched his commitment.

These are the rumors in Gadsden. They may be worth exactly what you paid for them, so take them for what they are worth. We should soon see whether any of these are true.

There were two replies that either corrected or added names:

One corrected the "OS" initials to "AS".

The other named the actual names, and I agree with others, that maybe those name shouldn't have been made public quite yet until more is known.

If the names matter that much to you, I'll send them to you in a PM.

Townhall's been reading over there. 

Anyway...  interesting if nothing else.....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:34:02 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Love It or Hate It the Rumors Are Picking Up...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »
3. There are tapes of at least one car being given to a kid. Research shows that one of the cars was bought and sold four times in a short period of time before is was given to the kid.

4. A private investigator was hired after Harris committed to Alabama last year. This investigator is who is turning the info over to the NCAA.
If any of this true, as well as, any of the other rumors, on top of the textbookgate...then uat probably won't be fielding a team for atleast two years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »
You two.   I swear.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Same old same old same old for years. 

I hope something comes of it, but I sure as hell don't want to be in the middle of a Davidian peddling of this trash. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »
I hope they all come true, Chop.  I truly do.  I hope Bama has provided tons of quality pussy to the parties as well.  I really hope the NCAA is investigating it.  But I'm not counting on it. 

And all I did on that thread was give a rebuttal to a dillweed saying "the media isn't reporting on it, so it isn't true." 

I'd be lying if I said I never dilly-dallied in the rumor posts, but they really grind my gears.  No one is trustworthy.  No one really has credible information.  They might have heard something or gotten an inkling, but they don't really know what's going to happen.  I learned that back when I was fortunate enough to be a true insider in the recruiting office.  I read so many bullshit theories and fake inside information from "credible" posters on The Bunker that I vowed to never buy into these rumors. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »
I have to give our local sports talk guy some credit with his handling of this situation.  Phil Paramore and his producer, Lance Griffin, have pretty much kept it to the facts that have come out and discussed those in a pretty fair minded manner.  Lance Griffin is a big Bama supporter and used to be the Bama beat writer for the Dothan Eagle.  He actually hammers them for anything he perceives as out of line and gives credit where credit is due, including to Auburn.  

They've kept it pretty well confined to the textbook issue and stayed away from the rumors.  Like both of them, I'm in agreement that until something concrete really comes out, the biggest problem is the Bama administration keeping this whole thing out of the public eye.  They've stonewalled requests for documentation and kept this thing from recruits.  At this point, that's the biggest problem and how much, if any, they'll get slapped for it.  

Now, if other shit is being investigated, that will come out in due time.  However, I put little credence in anything most message board rumormongers say about this situation.  Chop has prefaced his post well with the TIFWIW, so I guess we can do just that.  I just think there's a lot of wishful thinking going on out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
I have to give our local sports talk guy some credit with his handling of this situation.  Phil Paramore and his producer, Lance Griffin, have pretty much kept it to the facts that have come out and discussed those in a pretty fair minded manner.  Lance Griffin is a big Bama supporter and used to be the Bama beat writer for the Dothan Eagle.  He actually hammers them for anything he perceives as out of line and gives credit where credit is due, including to Auburn.  

They've kept it pretty well confined to the textbook issue and stayed away from the rumors.  Like both of them, I'm in agreement that until something concrete really comes out, the biggest problem is the Bama administration keeping this whole thing out of the public eye.  They've stonewalled requests for documentation and kept this thing from recruits.  At this point, that's the biggest problem and how much, if any, they'll get slapped for it.  

Now, if other shit is being investigated, that will come out in due time.  However, I put little credence in anything most message board rumormongers say about this situation.  Chop has prefaced his post well with the TIFWIW, so I guess we can do just that.  I just think there's a lot of wishful thinking going on out there.

So you can just say any fucking thing you want and preface it with TIFWIW and you're cool?  That a considered legal opinion?   

Awesome. 

TIFWIW, but I heard Gene Chizik rapes baby gnus. 

TIFWIW, but somebody said Bobby Bowden died nine years ago and they're using an animatronic robot in his place until he passes Paterno for good.  Same one they used for George Burns for 14 years. 

TIFWIW, but I heard somebody on this board likes to fuck midgets. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »
So you can just say any fucking thing you want and preface it with TIFWIW and you're cool?  That a considered legal opinion?   

Awesome. 

TIFWIW, but somebody said Bobby Bowden died nine years ago and they're using an animatronic robot in his place until he passes Paterno for good.  Same one they used for George Burns for 14 years. 

That one is actually true.  Wasn't it Chizad that posted a thread about a hot midget once? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Argo

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
7. The offensive lineman that switched his commitment to Ole Miss after Fluker committed to Bama is said to have receive $20,000 from these men and then they tried to get it back after he switched his commitment.

Which lineman?  I ask because Fluker was the first commitment in this past class, therefore there was no other lineman to switch after he committed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
You two.   I swear.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Same old same old same old for years. 

I hope something comes of it, but I sure as hell don't want to be in the middle of a Davidian peddling of this trash. 

Just passing the info along Poon Clown. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »

Awesome. 

If it's coming from the Poon Clown, we know what it's worth...and it's taken as such.  Like this post for example.  It's taken for about as much value as a collection of pots and pans banging together making lots of noise while strapped to a hippo's nutsack.  In other words, not much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
That one is actually true.  Wasn't it Chizad that posted a thread about a hot midget once? 

HAHA yes. It was actually a quite famous midget as well. Or at least famous to Auburn fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »

Awesome. 

Well, I know it's never going to pass muster given who the original post was from, but take the Chopper or Prowler name out and you have to admit, the very nature of the thread is nothing more than.."Here's the shit that's floating around."

Some will take it more serious than others but most will either take it with a grain of salt or ignore it altogether.  I choose to ignore most of it until it's reported by a somewhat credible source.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 02:19:35 AM »
HAHA yes. It was actually a quite famous midget as well. Or at least famous to Auburn fans.
Punt Bama Punt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 02:27:46 AM »
Well, I know it's never going to pass muster given who the original post was from, but take the Chopper or Prowler name out and you have to admit, the very nature of the thread is nothing more than.."Here's the shit that's floating around."

Some will take it more serious than others but most will either take it with a grain of salt or ignore it altogether.  I choose to ignore most of it until it's reported by a somewhat credible source.

It's that simple.  Thank you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 03:19:28 AM »
Which lineman?  I ask because Fluker was the first commitment in this past class, therefore there was no other lineman to switch after he committed. 

I think they got it mixed up and were talking about Massie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 03:39:19 AM »
The Gasden issue is just one of many problems the Saban and the REC are going to have with the NCAA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 07:23:27 AM »

Exactly.  Shit. Floating. 

Got it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 08:23:26 PM »

I think they got it mixed up and were talking about Massie?

I'm sure that was it, but notice how none of the infraction whisperers bothered to do just a small bit of research before spreading the BS with glee? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
the biggest problem is the Bama administration keeping this whole thing out of the public eye.  They've stonewalled requests for documentation and kept this thing from recruits.  

Why not test the veracity of the rumors and take a cue from our Hog friends:  submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

UAT is a state school and subject to the disclosure requirements of the statute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »
Why not test the veracity of the rumors and take a cue from our Hog friends:  submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

UAT is a state school and subject to the disclosure requirements of the statute.

It's more fun to play pretend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions