Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Love It or Hate It the Rumors Are Picking Up...

Re: Love It or Hate It the Rumors Are Picking Up...
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »
Why not test the veracity of the rumors and take a cue from our Hog friends:  submit a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

UAT is a state school and subject to the disclosure requirements of the statute.

I was under the impression that UA was presented many, if not dozens of FOIA requests that were simply ignored or denied to protect the identity of the students involved.  Right or wrong, they kept it out of the public eye for almost a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
I was under the impression that UA was presented many, if not dozens of FOIA requests that were simply ignored or denied to protect the identity of the students involved.  Right or wrong, they kept it out of the public eye for almost a year.

This is what the mighty Cecil said last week.  Our local sports talk guy was talking about the number of times that info has been requested but ignored over the last year.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:02:52 PM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
It's more fun to play pretend. 
Bull shit. We did it on our own team. I can't imagine how much fun it would be if we had a hated in-state rival.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »
This is what the mighty Cecil said last week.  Our local sports talk guy was talking about the number of times that info has been requested but ignored over the last year.
You cannot get info about the students. Go for the coaches. Phone records, motel receipts, etc. that were paid for by your tax money. Lots of digging to do, but with luck and good info, you can tie a lot of good stuff together. I would be surprised if any SEC coach uses a state telephone anymore. At least not the smart and/or crooked ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
You cannot get info about the students. Go for the coaches. Phone records, motel receipts, etc. that were paid for by your tax money. Lots of digging to do, but with luck and good info, you can tie a lot of good stuff together. I would be surprised if any SEC coach uses a state telephone anymore. At least not the smart and/or crooked ones.
I really kinda hate to quote myself, but Bama is the dumb ones. I bet yall could have mucho fun with some FOIs if yall wished to pursue it. It's your legal right to know what your taxpayer money is being spent for.
We got more than we asked for and it led to the demise of Houston Dale Nutt, John White and Frank Broyles in a roundabout way. We have a new regime.
Get info on your own school if yall are not happy with the administration. Its good to know what goes on behind closed doors. Who's calling who? Facts are your friend and they trump bullshit any day.
We had some heros who changed the face of our program and that's the way we did it. If you get get tired of the way things are done at yall's place, or in yall's case with a rival in-state school, the FOI is valuable ammunition. All that is required is sack enough to request it. Our member that requested the info put up with many threats once his name became public. He didn't pussy out and in the long run he prevailed and we cast a lot of demons to the wayside.
It's a helluva story that is not well known. There may be a book on it one of these days. If and/or when it ever comes out, I'll recommend it to yall. It is an inspiring saga of what a dedicated group of diehard fans can do to save the future of their university.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:00:55 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
I really kinda hate to quote myself, but Bama is the dumb ones. I bet yall could have mucho fun with some FOIs if yall wished to pursue it. It's your legal right to know what your taxpayer money is being spent for.
We got more than we asked for and it led to the demise of Houston Dale Nutt, John White and Frank Broyles in a roundabout way. We have a new regime.
Get info on your own school if yall are not happy with the administration. Its good to know what goes on behind closed doors. Who's calling who? Facts are your friend and they trump bullshit any day.
We had some heros who changed the face of our program and that's the way we did it. If you get get tired of the way things are done at yall's place, or in yall's case with a rival in-state school, the FOI is valuable ammunition. All that is required is sack enough to request it. Our member that requested the info put up with many threats once his name became public. He didn't pussy out and in the long run he prevailed and we cast a lot of demons to the wayside.
It's a helluva story that is not well known. There may be a book on it one of these days. If and/or when it ever comes out, I'll recommend it to yall. It is an inspiring saga of what a dedicated group of diehard fans can do to save the future of their university.

I can vouch for titz's story.  It is a helluva tale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
So Prowler, Chop...Get on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
I didn't know that simply re-posting things from other sites suddenly made me a "source" for all these things...  I'll let one of the other super sleuths handle this.

:popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »
Freedom of Information Act.

The hippies finally got something right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 05:42:14 PM »
Yeah...I'm going to wait until someone else does all of the work, then either I, Chop, or whomever will post it here.  Only if The other site has posted it first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:16 AM »
Take it for what it is worth. You can choose to believe what I say is credible or not. No skin off my back. I think there are a coupe of you over that I trusted with the knowledge of who my UAT contact is when you were over at AUN. I have never bullshitted about the info I get. For example, some of you were privy to the very specific info a gave about the Juwan Simpson story a couple of days before it ever broke in the media. Sometimes I get very detailed info that my contact has no problem with my sharing, just as long as I don't attach his name with it. Sometimes his info is not very specific because he does not have all the details himself, the info may not be 100% reliable, or sometimes he just does not want to speak about at the time. He trusts me and I don't risk our friendship by violating his trust either.

He has told me nothing specific except to say that what he knows is being looked at right now will get Saban fired and UAT put on probation. Saban has not been very good about hiding things as he was at LSU. Also, some issues being looked into involved Shula's last year. As I stated earlier, the Gasden situation is not the only thing being looked at. Folks involved with the UAT athletic department are not sleeping real good right now. People with connections to the football program are not sleeping good right now.

Like I said, I put the info out there, even though it is not much, so you can take it or leave it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 11:10:13 AM »
Take it for what it is worth. You can choose to believe what I say is credible or not. No skin off my back. I think there are a coupe of you over that I trusted with the knowledge of who my UAT contact is when you were over at AUN. I have never bullshitted about the info I get. For example, some of you were privy to the very specific info a gave about the Juwan Simpson story a couple of days before it ever broke in the media. Sometimes I get very detailed info that my contact has no problem with my sharing, just as long as I don't attach his name with it. Sometimes his info is not very specific because he does not have all the details himself, the info may not be 100% reliable, or sometimes he just does not want to speak about at the time. He trusts me and I don't risk our friendship by violating his trust either.

He has told me nothing specific except to say that what he knows is being looked at right now will get Saban fired and UAT put on probation. Saban has not been very good about hiding things as he was at LSU. Also, some issues being looked into involved Shula's last year. As I stated earlier, the Gasden situation is not the only thing being looked at. Folks involved with the UAT athletic department are not sleeping real good right now. People with connections to the football program are not sleeping good right now.

Like I said, I put the info out there, even though it is not much, so you can take it or leave it.

Leave it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »
If we did something seriously wrong, and get popped for it, I won't complain... But jeez shit is coming all out and every Auburn fan has Alabama connections.

If I was connected, and I had friends that were Aubies, why in the blue fuck would I tell them jack shit about my program?

Makes little sense to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
If we did something seriously wrong, and get popped for it, I won't complain... But jeez shit is coming all out and every Auburn fan has Alabama connections.

If I was connected, and I had friends that were Aubies, why in the blue fuck would I tell them jack shit about my program?

Makes little sense to me.
How do you know all your friends aren't really just Aubies in disguise???
We are teh masters at teh espionage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »
How do you know all your friends aren't really just Aubies in disguise???
We are teh masters at teh espionage.

You have just blown up everything I have even known...  :puke:

:flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »

You have just blown up everything I have even known...  :puke:

:flag:
or ever known...for that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »
or ever known...for that matter.

Buzz even fucked up my typing! CURSE YOU BUZZ KILLINGTON! CURSE YOU TO HELL!

Stay away until you have more stories about bridges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »

Buzz even fucked up my typing! CURSE YOU BUZZ KILLINGTON! CURSE YOU TO HELL!

Stay away until you have more stories about bridges.
By the way, do you know why W.S. Gilbert was frequently drunk on his transatlantic crossings?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »
By the way, do you know why W.S. Gilbert was frequently drunk on his transatlantic crossings?

Because he's a Scot?

You have made me as lame as you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »

Because he's a Scot?

You have made me as lame as you are.
You cut me to the quick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions