Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's ass on purpose - we all need to chill.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
It's ass on purpose - we all need to chill.
« on: October 14, 2023, 10:25:03 PM »
Yeah, I admit when I am wrong. We need to chill. Stop being the kneejerk fanbase and freaking out over everything. It's going to take time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 12:29:43 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

Re: Everything about this team is ASS !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 10:51:35 PM »
settle down Beavis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 12:18:53 AM »
You know another team that doesn't have the dudes to compete? Vandy. They fought like hell today against the number 1 team in the country. Our team looked beat the second they took the field. That's just inexcusable. Getting beat by a better team? Sure. Getting run over because they don't look like they care? No.

Also, I'm clearly Butthead, Cornholio.

Vandy is in the coach’s third year. He has basically has his system in place.
CHF is putting his system in place. The players will get it, or maybe not. But it would make no sense for him to change the system just to eek out a few wins this season and still be behind next season. So this is definitely our rebuild year. If we had greater expectations, our bad…
This is a pass first system with QBs and WRs who can’t seem to get it. Hopefully when they finally get it, we will excel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 09:22:42 AM »
Did someone say ass?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm trying so hard to stay out of this.  But then I run across stats like this:

50 carries for 225 yards for Thorne for 4.5 ypc/ 2 TDs
57 carries for 218 yards for Hunter for 3.8 ypc/ 3 TDs
32 carries for 155 yards for Ashford for 4.8 ypc/ 5 TDs

Those are your leading rushers through six games. 

Don't try to sell me a turd sandwich about "getting his guys" or "learning his scheme" or "doesn't have the talent" or any of that.  Yeah, that's some of it.  BUT ... and it's an enormous BUT (like ass, get it?)

This is on par with the worst-coached Auburn teams in history.  The coaching to this point has been abysmal. I don't think that's deniable at this point.  It's a capital F failure.

Nobody wants to hear that.  Nobody wants to admit it. But it's true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 01:06:42 PM »
I'm trying so hard to stay out of this.  But then I run across stats like this:

50 carries for 225 yards for Thorne for 4.5 ypc/ 2 TDs
57 carries for 218 yards for Hunter for 3.8 ypc/ 3 TDs
32 carries for 155 yards for Ashford for 4.8 ypc/ 5 TDs

Those are your leading rushers through six games. 

Don't try to sell me a turd sandwich about "getting his guys" or "learning his scheme" or "doesn't have the talent" or any of that.  Yeah, that's some of it.  BUT ... and it's an enormous BUT (like ass, get it?)

This is on par with the worst-coached Auburn teams in history.  The coaching to this point has been abysmal. I don't think that's deniable at this point.  It's a capital F failure.

Nobody wants to hear that.  Nobody wants to admit it. But it's true.

I hear you.  We have too many running back options that the two QBs are that high on the stats chart. 

Caddy for interim the rest of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »
Did someone say ass?

Jesus, K.

Still looks better than Auburn’s offense, I suppose. Seeing Thorne trot out there time and again with the same result every time, with the exception of 1 drive, is the biggest case of dumbassery I’ve seen in quite some time. Every score we got in that game was because of the threat of Robby Ashford.

For anyone saying he can’t pass… neither can Thorne to this point. At least Robby stretched the field and connected from deep with Frazier (who deserves more PT).

Starting pass catchers IMO should be:

Brown, Burton/Fair, Fairweather, Malcom Johnson Jr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2023, 04:22:31 PM »
We talk about round holes, square pegs and learning a system but each week should be about how we are going to beat our opponent.

And when our offense actually makes LSU's defense better its not the players who are at fault but the system. Proof of that was the disgusting look on the faces of our running backs each time they were stuffed.

We don't have to pretend we need three years of recruiting to have the personnel available to install the fucking wishbone. We are simply recruiting upgrades at every skill level.

Depending on the opponent, you have to gameplan WITH WHAT YOU HAVE for battle.
We don't do that.

I'm not talking wholesale changes. It's not calculus, it's four quarters of football. And any video game has offerings that allow you to negate, neutralize and overcome your opponent's strengths.

It's amazing what you can do with a fucking stick and a rock.
The effort is clearly there but the leadership seems to be clearly overwhelmed just by judging the look on Freeze's face as he peers at his playcard and the doofusses as well in the booth above.

The players don't intend to win because the coaches are prepared to lose.
It's just that simple.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 03:27:48 PM »
How many times do we have to watch the same movie? 

- Gonna let my coaches coach
- need to be more involved with the gameplan
- all the play calls run through me, I can make changes
- going to have more input in the play calls
- really unhappy with the gameplan
- take over playcalling
- let my coaches coach
- be more hands on
- take over playcalling
- gonna find the right fit for OC

ITS GUS LIGHT GASLIGHTING FROM A COACH WITH AN 8-4 CEILING.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 08:05:30 PM »
How many times do we have to watch the same movie? 

- Gonna let my coaches coach
- need to be more involved with the gameplan
- all the play calls run through me, I can make changes
- going to have more input in the play calls
- really unhappy with the gameplan
- take over playcalling
- let my coaches coach
- be more hands on
- take over playcalling
- gonna find the right fit for OC

ITS GUS LIGHT GASLIGHTING FROM A COACH WITH AN 8-4 CEILING.

I’m fairly disappointed. Recruiting is good, but it’s not gonna stick with the current trajectory of on the field product. I’m just a guy that watches the game and I definitely don’t get paid for my opinion… but it just seems super fucking obvious that this offense moves better with Ashford. Just roll with him and we will win some games. The Thorne experiment has failed and enrages the hell out of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 09:33:02 AM »
I’m fairly disappointed. Recruiting is good, but it’s not gonna stick with the current trajectory of on the field product. I’m just a guy that watches the game and I definitely don’t get paid for my opinion… but it just seems super fucking obvious that this offense moves better with Ashford. Just roll with him and we will win some games. The Thorne experiment has failed and enrages the hell out of me.
Agree kids will not want to play for a loser. And as far back as I can remember Auburn could always run the ball, even when the offensive line was undersized and or lacking in depth, even with a game manager post Pat Sullivan.
The personnel dictated the style of offense Auburn ran and the staff could get a little inventive at times by adding a few wrinkles. Freeze seems hellbent on repeating the same and expecting different results.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2023, 09:44:00 AM »

That was my biggest issue with Saturday night, and in the FUGA game, for that matter.  Ashford seems to be getting work did, but every time he does something positive, they run Thorne out there the next 3 series. 

I'm not going to be a hippo-crit. I said openly, that I thought Robbie was ass coming into this season.  There were times last year that he was Kadril/Fetal level ass, if not worse.  But, there were also a few bright spots, namely in the LSU and Bama games.  Could he improve under a new staff?  He certainly has the tools.  But, how do you tell if you keep giving Captain Mullet the ball?

I know, the back up QB is oftentimes the most popular guy on the team.  But, we're going into game #7 and it's painfully obvious that Thorne ain't the man.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 09:51:04 AM »
That was my biggest issue with Saturday night, and in the FUGA game, for that matter.  Ashford seems to be getting work did, but every time he does something positive, they run Thorne out there the next 3 series. 

I'm not going to be a hippo-crit. I said openly, that I thought Robbie was ass coming into this season.  There were times last year that he was Kadril/Fetal level ass, if not worse.  But, there were also a few bright spots, namely in the LSU and Bama games.  Could he improve under a new staff?  He certainly has the tools.  But, how do you tell if you keep giving Captain Mullet the ball?

I know, the back up QB is oftentimes the most popular guy on the team.  But, we're going into game #7 and it's painfully obvious that Thorne ain't the man.

That C on his chest should stand for coach.  Get a clipboard and grab some bench. 

At least Robby had 200-300 yard passing games in an Auburn uniform last year against the same level of defensive competition.  He is the only one connecting on clutch big passing plays in SEC games this year, too.  My head is going to explode if I keep seeing #1 run out there and stall drive after drive, only to let Robby come in & move the offense... then to yank him back out for #1 to stall on the opposing side of the field.  Fuck that noise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 10:48:24 AM »
That C on his chest should stand for coach.  Get a clipboard and grab some bench. 

At least Robby had 200-300 yard passing games in an Auburn uniform last year against the same level of defensive competition.  He is the only one connecting on clutch big passing plays in SEC games this year, too.  My head is going to explode if I keep seeing #1 run out there and stall drive after drive, only to let Robby come in & move the offense... then to yank him back out for #1 to stall on the opposing side of the field.  Fuck that noise.

After the FUGA game, Ashford stopped by the tailgate I was at, with his moms.  She didn't make any bones about it.  They shouldn't have taken him out.  I agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 12:22:06 PM »
Agree kids will not want to play for a loser. And as far back as I can remember Auburn could always run the ball, even when the offensive line was undersized and or lacking in depth, even with a game manager post Pat Sullivan.
The personnel dictated the style of offense Auburn ran and the staff could get a little inventive at times by adding a few wrinkles. Freeze seems hellbent on repeating the same and expecting different results.
Just a friendly reminder but you have yet to Like my Happy Birthday to Jmar thread. Please take care of this. Thx.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,jmar,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »
Just a friendly reminder but you have yet to Like my Happy Birthday to Jmar thread. Please take care of this. Thx.

You didn't give me my own thread.  I need to reassess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »
After the FUGA game, Ashford stopped by the tailgate I was at, with his moms.  She didn't make any bones about it.  They shouldn't have taken him out.  I agreed.
Namedropper
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2023, 03:07:03 PM »
Namedropper

Don't make me post my whole long snapper collection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 03:09:18 PM »
Don't make me post my whole long snapper collection.
I'm assuming they are NSFW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2023, 03:10:41 PM »
I'm assuming they are NSFW

You're right.  I'd better post those in the super secret, VIP forum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions