Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Attrition

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Attrition
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 06:47:16 PM »
I hate it but the reality is he couldn't beat out Jack Driscoll or Austin Troxell.  And when he did get a chance, he got served.  Served I tell ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 11:34:34 PM »
al.com needs to know! 

Is Ashley transfer part of a negative trend at Auburn?  Why it must be!

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/02/alcom-all-access-is-calvin-ashley-transfer-part-of-a-negative-trend-for-auburn.html

So the question is: Is this a Calvin Ashley problem or an Auburn problem?

That’s a pretty uneven track record, especially when you compare it to the fact that nearly every 5-star recruit that Alabama signs becomes an All-SEC-type player for the Crimson Tide and goes on to play in the NFL.

Remember that, Tigers fans, when you dream on Bo Nix and Owen Pappoe. There’s a better than 50/50 chance they won’t be the stars you might think they will be, at least not for your team.

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:39:05 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
al.com needs to know! 

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/02/alcom-all-access-is-calvin-ashley-transfer-part-of-a-negative-trend-for-auburn.html

That’s a pretty uneven track record, especially when you compare it to the fact that nearly every 5-star recruit that Alabama signs becomes an All-SEC-type player for the Crimson Tide and goes on to play in the NFL.

Remember that, Tigers fans, when you dream on Bo Nix and Owen Pappoe. There’s a better than 50/50 chance they won’t be the stars you might think they will be, at least not for your team.

You must stop giving those people your clicks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2019, 09:37:16 AM »
al.com needs to know! 

I just about posted that yesterday to point out the continued Bama knob schlobbage.  It's in the Auburn football section of the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. and yet, you have to put that shit in there about how much more successful  the Tahd players are.  BTW, the piece focuses on 3 five star guys that transferred out.  Byron Cowart, who had 38 total tackles (Solo and assists) for Maryland in 12 games.  Roc McFumbles Thomas, who simply wanted more playing time and had a nice 2 years at Jacksonville State.  Eclipsed 1,000 yards his senior year.  And Calvin Ashley, a guy who came in at 350, out of shape and just never could do what it took to play in the SEC.  Best of luck to him.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2019, 09:39:43 AM »
I just about posted that yesterday to point out the continued Bama knob schlobbage.  It's in the Auburn football section of the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. and yet, you have to put that shit in there about how much more successful  the Tahd players are.  BTW, the piece focuses on 3 five star guys that transferred out.  Byron Cowart, who had 38 total tackles (Solo and assists) for Maryland in 12 games.  Roc McFumbles Thomas, who simply wanted more playing time and had a nice 2 years at Jacksonville State.  Eclipsed 1,000 yards his senior year.  And Calvin Ashley, a guy who came in at 350, out of shape and just never could do what it took to play in the SEC.  Best of luck to him. 
I don't mind the leaving, its the Talent Assesment part from our coaches I keep preaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
I don't mind the leaving, its the Talent Assesment part from our coaches I keep preaching.
I'd take it more to the development stages.  Take Byron Cowart for instance.  There's not a big name school in the country that didn't offer this guy.  Ashley had it down to us, Florida and Florida State.  They all saw the same things our staff did.  Every one of them would have signed these guys.  The question is what does the staff do with them when they get on campus?  That and the snakes in Malzahn's head have been our problem IMO.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »
I just about posted that yesterday to point out the continued Bama knob schlobbage.  It's in the Auburn football section of the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. and yet, you have to put that shit in there about how much more successful  the Tahd players are.  BTW, the piece focuses on 3 five star guys that transferred out.  Byron Cowart, who had 38 total tackles (Solo and assists) for Maryland in 12 games.  Roc McFumbles Thomas, who simply wanted more playing time and had a nice 2 years at Jacksonville State.  Eclipsed 1,000 yards his senior year.  And Calvin Ashley, a guy who came in at 350, out of shape and just never could do what it took to play in the SEC.  Best of luck to him. 

But what about Trent richhhhhersun coming home. I wanna hear more. What a story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 11:14:46 AM »
But what about Trent richhhhhersun coming home. I wanna hear more. What a story.
Inspiring.  Every time he makes a comeback, I use that as motivation for my own life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 11:16:04 AM »
I'd take it more to the development stages.  Take Byron Cowart for instance.  There's not a big name school in the country that didn't offer this guy.  Ashley had it down to us, Florida and Florida State.  They all saw the same things our staff did.  Every one of them would have signed these guys.  The question is what does the staff do with them when they get on campus?  That and the snakes in Malzahn's head have been our problem IMO. 
What are the numbers on other schools'(not named bammer) five star development?
If you have four at a position and one doesn't pan out, nobody knows unless he leaves. and this is a new era of leaving. So we get constantly compared to the factory across the state. What do we look like compared to the others? And many other schools have 3 and 4 stars leaving.
BCow was just at a position where we have a LOT of studs. He could have been great had he wanted to compete. Is that a coaching issue? The other guys competed.
Maybe we only recruit the "nice" 5 stars...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 12:08:23 PM »
bammer had 7 or what 8 coaches leave some for equal positions, but that isn't a new downward trend for them I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 12:22:22 PM »
bammer had 7 or what 8 coaches leave some for equal positions, but that isn't a new downward trend for them I suppose.
Downward trend???  Pfffffffft….  That's Almighty Lord Saybinz sending those coaches out into the world with unsurpassed life skills.  They will be forever indebted to the man.  Plus, they'll have some great recommendations on hair coloring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
bammer had 7 or what 8 coaches leave some for equal positions, but that isn't a new downward trend for them I suppose.
That's only like 2% of their coaching staff though
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 02:50:36 PM »
That's only like 2% of their coaching staff though
*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 11:18:42 PM »
Hey, ya'll remember that 5* Auburn kept, Deshaun Davis?  He wanted to transfer, too! 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/02/deshaun-davis-on-calvin-ashley-the-transfer-portal-and-the-time-he-thought-about-transferring.html

Headline not what the story is about, but you know our buddies.  Always supportive!  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
Hey, ya'll remember that 5* Auburn kept, Deshaun Davis?  He wanted to transfer, too!

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/02/deshaun-davis-on-calvin-ashley-the-transfer-portal-and-the-time-he-thought-about-transferring.html

Headline not what the story is about, but you know our buddies.  Always supportive! 
You have to get the very bottom to get the synopsis of the whole thing which they conveniently leave out of the headline. No way in hell Davis was leaving.

“I don’t think the man in me would’ve let me,” he explained. “I stood my ground, and I fought for what I wanted. I wanted to play at Auburn. I knew Auburn had a special place in my heart, and I’m not a quitter.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2019, 10:19:49 PM »
Cam'ron Kelly is leaving due to family illness.  Hate to lose a 4* kid, but we have some depth on the backside of the defense and if the kid needs to go, then he needs to go.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/03/auburn-freshman-camron-kelly-enters-transfer-portal-cites-moms-sisters-health.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2019, 11:38:24 AM »
Kolbi Fuqua has entered the transfer portal...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
Fuqua you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2019, 01:43:07 PM »
Who?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 01:46:26 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE