Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

These are the best of times

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
These are the best of times
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:43:21 AM »
I could be wrong, but I can't remember a better year for Auburn's men's athletics in the history of the school.  

Basketball Final Four -- first time ever.  Should have played for it all. 

Baseball just made the College World Series. 

Men's golf made the NCAA Championships. 

And then there's football. Music City Bowl!!!  Hell yeah! 

It's hard to believe that both baseball and basketball are in better shape than the football program and out-performed it.  Last season left a bitter taste with the pathetic loss to Tennessee,  the come-from-ahead-shit-the-bed against LSU, and the utter disgrace at Mississippi State.  There's just no excitement around the program going into this season.  For me, it's more a sense of dread.  Or maybe just no real expectation of improvement.  Resignation to more of the Gusterhump that the program has become.  More clueless doubletalk, more staring in confusion at the scoreboard, more spastic gyrations as another dumbass "plan" falls apart, more promises to get it figured out, more babble about being close, more failing to get it done.  I just don't have any faith in Gus.  

We're not going to be Alabama in football. Ever. I've finally reconciled that in my heart.  They care more than I do, they are willing to do things I'd never want my program to do, they are happy to sell their soul to win football games.  And they are a better football program today and historically than we are.  That's not going to change in my lifetime.  With that settled, I'm happy to be the better program overall. Don't think that's close right now.  Better academics, better athletics top to bottom, better colors, better everything.  

We may not be Alabama, but we can put a competitive product on the field and one that does not squander the talent we have with blunderbuss decisions, befuddled playcalling and other ineffective machinations that are hallmarks of someone who is in over his head.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: These are the best of times
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »
Why do you hate the ladies?

Image result for Auburn Equestrian images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:17 AM »
Why do you hate the ladies?

Image result for Auburn Equestrian images
Oh, I don't.  Was just looking at how successful the men's program has been.   

I've watched more basketball and baseball this year than I have in maybe the last ten combined.  I hate being a "front runner" but it's not fun watching teams that aren't competitive and/or piss it away.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »
Definitely pretty cool being so competitive in so many sports.  The baseball and basketball teams have had similar runs this year.  I think most of us felt that Pearl's bunch underachieved for the most part, especially after the previous season.  Then, the SEC tourney happened.  Great accomplishment and nice to stick that trophy in the case.  But clearly, an opening round win in March Madness will be the end of the road.  Then, a whole lot of DAAAYYYYUUMMM happened. 

The regular season in baseball was a whole lot of injuries and a whole lot of meh.  They made a little noise in the SEC tournament but a freak play sent them packing.  Then, the DAAYYUUMMM happened for them too.  When you play the blue bloods in March Madness, everything is magnified.  But unless you follow college baseball pretty close, there's no way to understand what an accomplishment it is for any team to go to the ATL and Chapel Hill respectively and steal that lunch money.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's official.

North Carolina is our bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
the bass fishing team sucked bass.  

thanks Jay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 03:17:48 PM »

thanks Jay?
No doubt. His insistence on hiring coaches that were so devoted to throwing the Rapala, put us way behind the curve.  It was clear that everybody had long since moved to the spinner baits and darker colored worms.

Stubborn asshole!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »

thanks Jay?
Isn't that what they are supposed to do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »
That's good bass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »
Because you know it's all about that bass, about that bass, no treble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 08:08:32 AM »
al.com wonders as well.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/06/alcom-all-access-are-these-the-glory-days-of-auburn-athletics.html
It's fucking impossible for them to write an article about Auburn without mentioning Alabama.

But since the Tigers’ lone title in 2010, Alabama has won five championships and lost in the title game two other times.
Absolutely no reason for that sentence in the article.  None.  It contributes absolutely nothing to the point of the article, other than to piss off Auburn fans.  Fuck off, Creg Stephenson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 09:13:15 AM »

thanks Jay?
You never go bass to mouth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 09:31:52 AM »
It's fucking impossible for them to write an article about Auburn without mentioning Alabama.
Absolutely no reason for that sentence in the article.  None.  It contributes absolutely nothing to the point of the article, other than to piss off Auburn fans.  Fuck off, Creg Stephenson.
Every time something good happens for Auburn that's worth writing about, the al.com article should be titled....

"Yeah....But Alabama"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »
The closest Gus is going to get Auburn to the National Championship Playoff is if ESPN invites him to be a guest analyst on a pre-show. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg