Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowl Games & Other Shit

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Bowl Games & Other Shit
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2019, 09:59:03 PM »
I sure do see Alabama's Butch Jones doing a lot of coaching on the sidelines to be an off-field no coaching allowed position.
That is only a rule for other teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2019, 11:36:59 PM »
I would give Dabo a kiss for how well this game has gone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »
I enjoy watching Bama get its dook pushed in.  But why does it have to be Clemson?  I cannot stand Swinney.  He makes me want to punch baby raccoons and kick turtles in their weiner.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2019, 12:51:56 AM »
I enjoy watching Bama get its dook pushed in.  But why does it have to be Clemson?  I cannot stand Swinney.  He makes me want to punch baby raccoons and kick turtles in their weiner. 
Same here...but it sure is enjoyable watching "The Greatest Team In The History Of Organized Sports" getting their heads caved in. Also hearing Saban state that Clemson was using copycat plays, basically Clemson was using bama's plays and beating them to death with them...and seeing "The True Heisman" sitting on the bench, as the backup tries to engineer a 30 point comeback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Bowl Games & Other shoot
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »
We went 8-5. 

They beat us 52-21.

We have no room to say anything to anyone except Purdue, Liberty, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Arkansas, Alabama State, and Washington. 

Gus and co. better get right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »
We went 8-5.

They beat us 52-21.

We have no room to say anything to anyone except Purdue, Liberty, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Arkansas, Alabama State, and Washington.

Wrong. 

I will enjoy it in any way I choose and I choose all ways.  The hate and loathing goes far beyond only the damage we are able to inflict.  I celebrate all failures regardless of the opponent, sport or circumstance.

It was extremely enjoyable to me to watch Satan, Tonka Tinkertoy and some guy named Xavier sit at the podium pouting and claim that Clemson didn't do anything, they just beat themselves. 

This kind of arrogance is the reason this team is hated.  

Satan (between lengthy jerking off about all the things this team did this season): We actually stopped the run pretty well and created enough third-down situations. We just couldn’t get off the field on third down, couldn’t capitalize on our opportunities that we had on offense.

Tonka: I don’t think it was anything that they were doing that stopped us.

Satan (when asked about Trevor Lawrence): And again, I said it earlier, we had opportunities to get off the field on third down and we couldn’t get off the field. I mean, they were like 8 of 11 at one point in time, 10 of 15 for the game, and we gave up big plays, not just first downs, but we gave up big plays. That and the combination of us not finishing drives, I mean, when you look at the stats of the game and they basically had the ball for the last 10 minutes of the game, but if you look at the stats of the game, their yards and all that are fairly equal. (This is the most loser statement I've ever heard him make)

Tonka: We just weren’t executing what the plays were. We just didn’t punch it in. That’s basically all it was.

X: No, we just didn’t execute. We had a lot of busts, a lot of things that we could have did better, and that’s basically it.

X (when asked to compare Lawrence to other QBs): He could throw the ball well. There was nothing really different. A lot of it was what we were doing. A lot of stuff that we didn’t execute, so I feel like that was just mainly on our part and what we were doing.

Tonka: Good is not good enough. We didn’t finish the way we wanted to finish. We didn’t do the things we needed to do to execute and be successful in this game, and that’s all it is.

BTW? Trevor Lawrence looks like Jar Jar Binks. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:11:06 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2019, 09:09:10 AM »
We went 8-5.

They beat us 52-21.

this is a curl up in a llamacorn blanket and cry to mommy response...frick that.

do better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2019, 09:40:12 AM »
It was the refs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
I heard a comment this morning that hit the nail on the head.  Kirby Smart (Fuck Georgia) should take a page out of Dabo's book.  When you have Bama down, keep your foot on the gas.  They said last night that he kept telling his team to play like it was 0-0.  They changed nothing.  They kept running their offense regardless of the score or situation.  Same with their defense.  No backing off and they continued to attack until the end.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
Thorough ass whipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2019, 09:55:59 AM »
I heard a comment this morning that hit the nail on the head.  Kirby Smart (Fuck Georgia) should take a page out of Dabo's book.  When you have Bama down, keep your foot on the gas.  They said last night that he kept telling his team to play like it was 0-0.  They changed nothing.  They kept running their offense regardless of the score or situation.  Same with their defense.  No backing off and they continued to attack until the end.
At one point late in the 3rd up 24 points, knowing Bama was in passing mode, Clemson had 11 guys on the LOS. No prevent. No chunk yards to get momentum.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2019, 09:56:43 AM »
this is a curl up in a llamacorn blanket and cry to mommy response...frick that.

do better.
Ain't curling up. I was taught when you get knocked down, pick yourself up, go get better, and shut up until you do. K is right that is one reason people hate Bama under Saban is they never lose - they just beat themselves. Arrogant assholeness does no one any good at all. 

I don't care what they do, ultimately. I want our team to get better and do something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »
I sure do see Alabama's Butch Jones doing a lot of coaching on the sidelines to be an off-field no coaching allowed position.
You're seeing things...that's Tom Al-Betar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
Only bama beat bama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »
At one point late in the 3rd up 24 points, knowing Bama was in passing mode, Clemson had 11 guys on the LOS. No prevent. No chunk yards to get momentum. 
See, this is what chafes my bum so many times with teams.  If you've played someone straight up all game and beat that ass, why change it up?  Granted, it took Clemson a quarter and a half to figure it out, but once they did, they just stuck with what worked.  

With only 5 minutes gone in the first quarter, I thought that game was going to be a 52-48 outcome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »
Image may contain: text
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
post of the day and stealing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »
So what did we see yesterday?  

1) We saw a team that wasn't scared of Bama, didn't cower at the myth and punched them right in the face.   I think that was 90% of it.  They didn't flinch.  

2) We saw a team that has mimicked the Bama way (and if you listen to the whispers coming from the Carolinas, it includes the same kind of gifting that goes on in Tuscaloosa).  They recruit well, the program is locked down and solid, the players (except for that Bryant kid) seem to know what to expect and what's expected of them from the jump.  Very clannish, very Bamaish. 

3) I hate Dabo because he wants to be Bama so bad he can taste it and he never lets go of the adulation, but he does a good job of setting the culture and expectations, hiring coaches who fit his model and letting them do it.  The guy looks like the penis of a turtle, but as much as I loathe to admit it he's a better head coach right now than anybody.  He might not could match Gus when it comes to X's and O's but in terms of doing the job a head coach is expected to do?  He's got it.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »

1) We saw a team that wasn't scared of Bama, didn't cower at the myth and punched them right in the face.  I think that was 90% of it.  They didn't flinch. 

2) We saw a team that has mimicked the Bama way (and if you listen to the whispers coming from the Carolinas, it includes the same kind of gifting that goes on in Tuscaloosa).  They recruit well, the program is locked down and solid, the players (except for that Bryant kid) seem to know what to expect and what's expected of them from the jump.  Very clannish, very Bamaish.

3) I hate Dabo because he wants to be Bama so bad he can taste it and he never lets go of the adulation, but he does a good job of setting the culture and expectations, hiring coaches who fit his model and letting them do it.  The guy looks like the penis of a turtle, but as much as I loathe to admit it he's a better head coach right now than anybody.  He might not could match Gus when it comes to X's and O's but in terms of doing the job a head coach is expected to do?  He's got it. 
What I saw was $aban lose yet again to a Coach who when having equally gifted players outcoached the Greatest One Evah!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 12:22:06 PM »

1) We saw a team that wasn't scared of Bama, didn't cower at the myth and punched them right in the face.  I think that was 90% of it.  They didn't flinch. 

I know you hate Dabo cause he's a bammer.  But I gotta say to me It's hard not to like the guy.  He's the anti $aban, he seems to enjoy what he does, seems genuine about liking his players and is a better on field coach.  He's out there enjoying what they did not with a stoneface scowl of a cock sucker who would sell the souls of his players to get more championships.  He doesn't speak coach speak like our own cock sucker and quite frankly has built that program into a solid powerhouse at a school nowhere near the pedigree of bammer.

I would take him as our head coach in a red hot minute, turtle looking penis head and all.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum