Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowl Games & Other Shit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bowl Games & Other Shit
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »
It's early yet.
This. The bigger the lead, the bigger the heartache at the end.  Remember, I'm also a Flacons fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »
49-7 in the 2nd quarter.  I think it is safe to say that we may actually win this one and we are virtually assured to have a column on AL.com tomorrow saying that we hate terminally ill children who cheer for Purdue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 03:13:35 PM »
After this game I think Gus needs a raise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 03:25:23 PM »
After this game I think Gus needs a raise.
You shut that dirty, whurish mouth.  We're just dumb enough to do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
49-7 in the 2nd quarter.  I think it is safe to say that we may actually win this one and we are virtually assured to have a column on AL.com tomorrow saying that we hate terminally ill children who cheer for Purdue.
Okay, now that's some funny shit right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
This does nothing but make me question even more deeply his ability to lead.  It makes me further lament the colossal waste of talent year after year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »
So. Is Purdue a white ASU? Or did the OL get better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 06:22:45 PM »
So. Is Purdue a white ASU? Or did the OL get better?
ASU's DL was stronger than Purdue's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 06:25:42 PM »
I wanted to put up more points on 'em to set that Bowl record...but I'll settle for the 1st half record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
I wanted to put up more points on 'em to set that Bowl record...but I'll settle for the 1st half record.
Champions of Life
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
This does nothing but make me question even more deeply his ability to lead.  It makes me further lament the colossal waste of talent year after year.
Agreed. It seems to me that Gus finally took the handcuffs and went all in. Why in the hell hasnt he already been doing that? Aggressive but aggravating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »
Still almost no running game, though it was refreshing to see Kam Martin out there.

The gameplan looked to be half JS-appeasement and half-sales pitch to George Pickens.

Against a middling Big 10 team that game plan sets records.  Anyone want to guess where Purdue's passing defense ranks nationally?  125 out of 130 per http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

Against our usual schedule, we get our shit pushed in...again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 03:19:36 AM »
Who will throw to Pickens?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:14 AM »
Still almost no running game, though it was refreshing to see Kam Martin out there.

The gameplan looked to be half JS-appeasement and half-sales pitch to George Pickens.

Against a middling Big 10 team that game plan sets records.  Anyone want to guess where Purdue's passing defense ranks nationally?  125 out of 130 per http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

I'm a little pissed and a little happy. Pissed because I want to know where this has been all season. I know Purdue is shitty,but the play calling has been nice. This O would've beat everyone but bama and uga. Probably would've gave them fits. So I'm I'll to a point.

I'm happy as a pig in shit watching this! I see those number things on the score board and don't remember what they are. PointsPor something like that.  That was fun to watch.

Disagree here.  Against our schedule and going on what I saw this past season we win every ballgame sans bama and ugay.  Possibly and highly likely we beat ugay too.  I'm not getting crazy with the cheeze wizz here, but we scored 63 points against a power 5 team.  Could've scored a lot more if we wanted to.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:08:05 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »
From 5 minutes into the third quarter this one was how can we get everybody on the field and keep this out of the 80's. Purdue was terrible, didn't want to be there or both. They had three that could really play but beyond that they were soft. Our offensive linemen pushed them all over the field...our linemen!

I kept asking myself how could THIS TEAM beat OSU? We were stronger, faster and far more aggressive. 

What stuck out to me was the stat that popped up about three minutes before the half ended. WE WERE 1 for 2 on THIRD DOWN! 
This indicates we did almost all of that damage on 1st and 2nd down in this one whereas during the season our offense was generally mired in third down decisions brought on by shitty play calling...predictable one yard dive plays, silly assed long developing end arounds and lateral wide receiver screens.

But the play that pisses me off more than any other is the Schwartz reverse.
We have the fastest fucking human in ALL of FOOTBALL and Dumbshit can't get him the ball in the air. This is an unforgivable waste of talent. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
we are virtually assured to have a column on AL.com tomorrow saying that we hate terminally ill children who cheer for Purdue.
Was thinking this every time they spent a few minutes on the kid.  We're the assholes that trashed a dying kid's favorite team right in front of him.  We probably kicked his dog, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »
I'm a little pissed and a little happy. Pissed because I want to know where this has been all season. I know Purdue is shitty,but the play calling has been nice.

The play calling was fluid and seemed to have a sense of purpose.  I don't think you can underestimate the focus/execution of the players, though.  What had been a collection of talented kids bumble-fucking around the football field finally looked like a team of players who each understood their assignment and performed it with gusto.

Disagree here.  Against our schedule and going on what I saw this past season we win every ballgame sans bama and ugay.  Possibly and highly likely we beat ugay too.  I'm not getting crazy with the cheeze wizz here, but we scored 63 points against a power 5 team.  Could've scored a lot more if we wanted to.

We scored 63 points because we were bigger, stronger and MUCH faster than everyone one in white less and except Rondale Moore.  Our OL (!!!) was getting a strong push across the board and our DL was camped in their backfield the entire game.  Our WRs were running wild behind the coverage.  I think the only SEC team that Purdue could match athletes with would be Arky.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
Bo
He's a little old, but he can still play. 

But I bet Malzahn would keep him on the bench or have him at FB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »
Anyone want to guess where Purdue's passing defense ranks nationally?  125 128 out of 130 per http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

FIFY. Purdue was out match athletically. The play calling was like the first day of work and layoff day, in that, you see what you're not going to get and you see what you didn't get. Gus is holding out for some reason.

Meanwhile at SPUAT, Bama should have a field day in Oklahoma's secondary as Oklahoma ranks 130 in passing defense. It could get ugly quick. Bama may break Auburn's record for first half scoring in a bowl game. IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions