Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Bidnezz Here 2018

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Bidnezz Here 2018
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:51 PM »
Is it just me, or is HS football starting earlier every year?  It's the 23rd of August and I was sitting in Rip Hewes Stadium tonight watching a 6A vs. 7A match up.  Well, not much of a match.  Dothan and Enterprise played for the 89th time.  I think E'prise has won the last 253 of those. Make it 254.  It was 31-7 midway through the 3rd when I decided an adult beverage and Sports Center were better options.

For the 19th time in the last 20 years, Dothan is teh sux.  You look at them and wonder how the suckage could be at that level.  Big, athletic looking team.  No!  They suck.

Last year, I posted early about watching Enterprise, which is about 20 miles down the road.  They looked like they had all the tools.  Good size, speed, nice QB etc.  Rolled through the first few games.  Then they faced one of the State's elite, GH's Phenix City Red Devils.  Got that shit pushed in by about 50+.  This year is a different looking club.  They range from 270 to 325 on the O-line. They spread you out 4 and 5 wide and sling it around. The QB is a 6'1" senior who is very poised.  Good arm, extremely accurate.  I'd guess he'll do well at a smaller college.  Fun to watch.

But ultimately, he was facing much suckage in Dothan.  So, who knows?  The bottom line is that football is back.  I'm headed to a game tomorrow night.  Whatcha' got?  Who in your area looks skrong?  Any D1 prospects?  BTW, there were quite a few guys that came through here last year that signed with teams like Texas A&M, Mizzou, Florida etc.  When I see a prospect coming, that's the game I go see.

How's your team?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Putcher High School Bidnezz Here 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:34:41 PM »
PHS is back!
That is all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:52:13 PM »
PHS is back!
That is all...
Yeah, I think Pelham High School will do okay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
Yeah, I think Pelham High School will do okay.
They will probably beat the hell out of that inner city JDHS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »
My oldest gets to carry on the tradition of getting overlooked by every major college in America, beginning tonight in Wetumpka. Although, they don’t sit on the bench anymore. They apparently stand the whole game.

I’d get tuckered out by half.

P.S.

I really wish that he played QB. I’m certain that Snags has great clipboard advice that he could give.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:24:52 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »
My oldest gets to carry on the tradition of getting overlooked by every major college in America, beginning tonight in Wetumpka. Although, they don’t sit on the bench anymore. They apparently stand the whole game.

I’d get tuckered out by half.

P.S.

I really wish that he played QB. I’m certain that Snags has great clipboard advice that he could give.
I have friend whose son plays for WHS. A tiny little kid, #53. Good luck at your game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:56:03 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Saw this morning that the QB from Enterprise I was talking about, was 19-20 for 266 yards and 3 TD's.  Not a bad start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »
Been hearing the band practice in the afternoons for over a month here in Gardendale. And either they can't hear me or they just don't know Freebird.

Anyway,
I can adopt this team now that they were saved from becoming racist. Whew! That was a close one.

Anyway the Ra... uh Rockets travel tonight to Jemison- Huntsville for the opener.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »
I have friend whose son play for WHS. A tiny little kid, #53. Good luck at your game.
Thx. I’m a terrible dad, I guess. But I’m not trekking up to your neck of the woods to watch him stand. He very well may play but probably not a lot. This game s the first year we’ve let him. Been too protective I guess. But he was s a pretty good baseball player and we were hoping that may pan out. There are a ton of good baseball players here.

so, his sr year makes it more difficult for him to get PT. 

But, he’d better start producing soon or i’ll Put him on the street.

He will be on that govt teet with Prowler. I’m not having a big talking zero has been under my roof. I mean, another one.

Im just not going up there to be shot at.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
Rooster Russell (Erk Russell's grandson) and The Bremen Blue Devils put their undefeated up record against Bowden tonight.  This will prove to be a most exhilarating contest.  We should triumph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »
Buy you some body armor WT.
Live a little!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 10:15:59 AM »
Rooster Russell (Erk Russell's grandson) and The Bremen Blue Devils put their undefeated up record against Bowden tonight.  This will prove to be a most exhilarating contest.  We should triumph.
Go Muscadine!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
We will hope for a most ripping victory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:49 AM »
So WT informs me that JD vs. Carver was called because of gun fire.  Pulled it up and they were playing at Alabama State's stadium and there was gun fire right outside.  Actually, it looks like good strategy on the Jeff Davis coach's part since they were down 19-3.  "Damn, we gettin' slapped around.  Tell Montez to pop off a few rounds outside."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 10:47:47 AM »
Keep the rooster talk up and you’ll have 99% of the x going to this game tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »
So WT informs me that JD vs. Carver was called because of gun fire.  Pulled it up and they were playing at Alabama State's stadium and there was gun fire right outside.  Actually, it looks like good strategy on the Jeff Davis coach's part since they were down 19-3.  "Damn, we gettin' slapped around.  Tell Montez to pop off a few rounds outside."
This is old news to the rest of us.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »
Working the boards in studio for one last Tallassee game tonight before I head Carolinaway. Tigers taking on the Montgomery Catholic Knights.

The Jeff Davis vs. Carver game ended early after some shooting Thursday night. 
https://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2018/08/gw_carver-jeff_davis_game_ends.html

A shooting outside Alabama State University stadium Thursday night caused the high school football game between Carver-Montgomery and Jeff Davis to end early, according to local news reports. 

The shooting happened near the walkway on the west side of the stadium. The game ended with Carver leading Jeff Davis 19-3 in the fourth quarter, the Montgomery Advertiser reported. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
Working the boards in studio for one last Tallassee game tonight before I head Carolinaway. Tigers taking on the Montgomery Catholic Knights.

https://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2018/08/gw_carver-jeff_davis_game_ends.html
Thx scoop. The Carolinians are in for a real treat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »

Dang. I got friends with kids there too! I think the son graduated, but the daughter is a cheerleader. Good luck to you also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »
Anyone hear of those crazy Wright brothers over in Kitty Hawk?  If God meant for us to fly, we'd have wings.  Them boys are gonna' get kilt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions