Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Bidnezz Here 2018

bgreene

Re: Putcher High School Bidnezz Here 2018
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »
Etowah beat Gadsden City 32-23.  Looks like there won’t be any chargers coming to Gadsden this year.
Welcome, post often
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »
:rofl:

Well, just so you know CCHS took care of their GA opponents (Griffin) 35-20. Starters didn't play the the 4th Qtr.

On a side note, the Bucs beat the hell outta the Indians. Dayum!! Apparently they only have Bo to play.
Yeah, Bo doesn't seem to have a lot to work with this year.  Highly doubt that PV repeats as 6A champs.

BTW, Hoover looks like a small university out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »
Yeah, Bo doesn't seem to have a lot to work with this year.  Highly doubt that PV repeats as 6A champs.

BTW, Hoover looks like a small university out there.
From what the old timers say around here, Pinson lost most of their talent on offense, primarily WR. I still think they will do fine through their regular season. I do feel like CC will beat them like a drum. Cougars are primed to make a run this year. Saturday they have James Clemens then the next Niceville comes up. 

Hoover looks like a damn beast. They have D1 talent all over their roster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
CCHS is 6A here.
That’s comparable. Ga goes up to 6. So 5 is 6. It’s the new chizad math. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
From what the old timers say around here, Pinson lost most of their talent on offense, primarily WR. I still think they will do fine through their regular season. I do feel like CC will beat them like a drum. Cougars are primed to make a run this year. Saturday they have James Clemens then the next Niceville comes up.

Hoover looks like a damn beast. They have D1 talent all over their roster.

But what about Auntie Onna 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »
The school board down here in the Circle City has been considering several restructuring proposals.  It appears they're really close to combining the two 6A schools, Dothan and Northview. It's a cost saving measure and will certainly result in the loss of quite a few jobs. 

Athletically, it may wind up allowing them to finally become competitive again.  On one hand, you can look at it in a sense that they can take the best athletes from both schools and make a pretty damn good squad.  On the other hand, it may just be a combination of supreme suckage, to make one, bigger pile of shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
The school board down here in the Circle City has been considering several restructuring proposals.  It appears they're really close to combining the two 6A schools, Dothan and Northview. It's a cost saving measure and will certainly result in the loss of quite a few jobs.

Athletically, it may wind up allowing them to finally become competitive again.  On one hand, you can look at it in a sense that they can take the best athletes from both schools and make a pretty damn good squad.  On the other hand, it may just be a combination of supreme suckage, to make one, bigger pile of shoot.
IMO it hasn't worked out for Gadsden City. 

Another note, Cullman played Jasper and won on a last second TD pass.  Hell of a game!  Bad news is that a WR from Jasper broke his ankle, think Prothro kind of break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »

Athletically, it may wind up allowing them to finally become competitive again.  On one hand, you can look at it in a sense that they can take the best athletes from both schools and make a pretty damn good squad.  On the other hand, it may just be a combination of supreme suckage, to make one, bigger pile of shit.

Yes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
But what about Auntie Onna
Dunno. Not much info out there. They kind of sucked last year. 4A hasn't been too kind for them since 2013...ish
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »

This has failed miserably in Gadsden.  Most of the talent at GCHS for the last 4 years would have been zoned to play at former 4A Emma Sansom and would have likely competed for a championship 3 of the 4 years.  GC is losing football talent right now because it's nearly impossible to get on the field with a 7A school which has directly led to Etowah beating GC as a 5A school in the first meetings since 2010.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
Rooster Russel and his Bremen squad were able to squeak by Bowden last week 41-7.  Off week this week as they prepare to make Cedartown their bitch on 9/7
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
This has failed miserably in Gadsden.  Most of the talent at GCHS for the last 4 years would have been zoned to play at former 4A Emma Sansom and would have likely competed for a championship 3 of the 4 years.  GC is losing football talent right now because it's nearly impossible to get on the field with a 7A school which has directly led to Etowah beating GC as a 5A school in the first meetings since 2010. 
Anyone that has any talent (for the most part) is transferring to smaller schools.  Now if you are a doctor's son, you could play quarterback. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »
Well to honest, I don't think combining would hurt them.  You can't get more consistent suckage than has been going on for the last two decades.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:36:19 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »
Well to honest, I don't think combining would them.  

I don’t get it big Dan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2018, 02:36:02 PM »
I don’t get it big Dan.
Channeling my inner jmar.  (Hurt)  I got distracted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2018, 02:54:31 PM »
Channeling my inner jmar.  (Hurt)  I got distracted.

Purple curtains provide rain advice on the onion crispy woodwork 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
Purple curtains provide rain advice on the onion crispy woodwork
Said everyone at once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »

Athletically, it may wind up allowing them to finally become competitive again.  On one hand, you can look at it in a sense that they can take the best athletes from both schools and make a pretty damn good squad.  On the other hand, it may just be a combination of supreme suckage, to make one, bigger pile of shoot.
Yeah, putting the combined Dothan/Northview team in 7A wouldn't be a good move.  If they can't handle little ol' Enterprise they sure as hell couldn't handle the bigger boys.  Their best bet is moving both down to 5A where they can beat up on the Carroll High Schools of southeast AL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »
Yeah, putting the combined Dothan/Northview team in 7A wouldn't be a good move.  If they can't handle little ol' Enterprise they sure as hell couldn't handle the bigger boys.  Their best bet is moving both down to 5A where they can beat up on the Carroll High Schools of southeast AL.
Troof, but the proposals for combining have little, if anything to do with athletics. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »
Troof, but the proposals for combining have little, if anything to do with athletics.
They should be trying to figure out how not to lose students to Providence and Houston Academy.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions