Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?
« on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »
It's that time of year when players are making their decisions on whether to declare for the Show or return for their final year of college foosballz. And in recent years, it's become far more common place for players that are either seniors or declaring early, to basically develop a slight injury, a tweak of the hammy if you will, that will cause limited or a complete lack of participation in a meaningless Bowl game.  Others will just flat out declare they're done and will not play in the Bowl game.  I get it and have no problem with it.  Don't risk your future on the Poulan Weedeater Kool Ade Amazon Dot Kum Bowl.  But, that's a debate for another time.

Who from our beloved Tiggers do you see declaring for the NFL draft?  Any seniors that have legit shots at playing on Sundays who might sit the Peach out?  My thoughts:

Holland and C. Davis:  They gone!

Carry On:  50/50  Not risking a 4th straight year of injuries may be the deciding factor.

Have no clue if Stidham would risk it. I am teh suxxors at predicting success at the next level, but my arm chair Mel Kiper analysis says nowhere near ready.  Hold the ball in the NFL and you'll last 2 series.

Thoughts?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »
Oh....just realized the focus of my man-crush, Ryan Davis, is a Junior.  He's only about 175 pounds.  Does he come out?  Lord, if you let Ryan stay, I promise to stop cheating on my wife with black guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
It's that time of year when players are making their decisions on whether to declare for the Show or return for their final year of college foosballz. And in recent years, it's become far more common place for players that are either seniors or declaring early, to basically develop a slight injury, a tweak of the hammy if you will, that will cause limited or a complete lack of participation in a meaningless Bowl game.  Others will just flat out declare they're done and will not play in the Bowl game.  I get it and have no problem with it.  Don't risk your future on the Poulan Weedeater Kool Ade Amazon Dot Kum Bowl.  But, that's a debate for another time.

Who from our beloved Tiggers do you see declaring for the NFL draft?  Any seniors that have legit shots at playing on Sundays who might sit the Peach out?  My thoughts:

Holland and C. Davis:  They gone!

Carry On:  50/50  Not risking a 4th straight year of injuries may be the deciding factor.

Have no clue if Stidham would risk it. I am teh suxxors at predicting success at the next level, but my arm chair Mel Kiper analysis says nowhere near ready.  Hold the ball in the NFL and you'll last 2 series.

Thoughts?

Maybe showing he can go a year without injuries may help his draft status the next year or could blow him up. Right now I guess him as 3rd or 4th round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:40:27 PM »
I did a whole breakdown of this to my text group friends.

Oh wait you aren't in that one...hold on
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

I thought you didn't know how to respond to text?

:poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »
Agree Snags.
Holland gone. It's expected.
Kerryon has nothing more to prove. He can still walk and should leave asap. Dallas likely right, 3rd or 4th.

Stidham will hang with us one more season.
R. Davis can catch 60+ at Auburn and establish more name recognition as opposed to sitting. IDK...my guess he stays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
Are we all assuming Pettway is done?

I would love to see a Carnell/Ronnie type senior year from Pettway and KJ.

But that is just a dream.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
Offense:

Senior Starters
LT- Austin Golson
C- Casey Dunn
RG- Braden Smith ( :( )
RT- Darius James

We are basically losing our entire OLine (which is my biggest worry for next year)

Juinor Starters
QB - Stidham - 98% Stays (He knows he isn't NFL ready)
RB - Kerryon - 70% Leaves (I could see him staying too. I think it depends on the bowl game.  If he has a huge bowl game I think he is gone.  If he is still hurt I think he might stick around)
RB - Pettway - 85% Stays (He needs to stay, but I could see him say fuck it I wants to smoke my weed and go to the NFL)
TE - Jalen Harris - 98% Stays (We have a TE?)
WR - Davis & Hastings - 98% Stay (I think they both stay)

Defense

Senior Starters
LB- Tre Williams
FS - Tray Matthews
SS - Stephen Roberts

Those three are some big-time names and big leaders of our team.  The defense has some depth behind it but losing those guys as leaders hurt.

Junior Starters
DE - Holland - 95% Leaves (I think he would be stupid not to, kid is a force.  I hate to lose him hope he stays but don't blame him)
DT - DT Russell - 70% Leaves (I think if Holland goes we lose Russell too)
LB - D. Williams - 50% Stays (Solid LB but I think he needs one more year, I think he sticks around)
CB - C. Davis - 95% Leaves (Again anything left to prove? Hate to lose him)

Losing the Juniors above with the Seniors would put a hurt on our defense, still, OLine worries me more for next year.  I think the defense has recruited lights out and while losing those guys will hurt, defense will be solid again next year, especially with Kevin Steele back.

I would expect Gus to go to JUCO to shore up some of these areas especially on the OLine. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:15:53 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »

I've PM'd you my number at least 5 times.  Why am I not getting these group texts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »
Offense:

Senior Starters
LT- Austin Golson
C- Casey Dunn
RT- Darius James

We are basically losing our entire OLine (which is my biggest worry for next year)

Juinor Starters
RB - Kerryon - 70% Leaves (I could see him staying too. I think it depends on the bowl game.  If he has a huge bowl game I think he is gone.  If he is still hurt I think he might stick around)
RB - Pettway - 85% Stays (He needs to stay, but I could see him say fuck it I wants to smoke my weed and go to the NFL)

Defense

Senior Starters
LB- Tre Williams
FS - Tray Matthews
SS - Stephen Roberts

Those three are some big-time names and big leaders of our team.  The defense has some depth behind it but losing those guys as leaders hurt.

Junior Starters
DE - Holland - 95% Leaves (I think he would be stupid not to, kid is a force.  I hate to lose him hope he stays but don't blame him)
LB - D. Williams - 50% Stays (Solid LB but I think he needs one more year, I think he sticks around)

Losing the Juniors above with the Seniors would put a hurt on our defense, still, OLine worries me more for next year.  I think the defense has recruited lights out and while losing those guys will hurt, defense will be solid again next year, especially with Kevin Steele back.

I would expect Gus to go to JUCO to shore up some of these areas especially on the OLine.

Agree with all of the above.  However, I see a skrong possibility of losing the best LB we have, Deshaun Davis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
Offense:
So Starters that are Seniors:

LT- Austin Golson
C- Casey Dunn
RT- Darius James

Juinor Starters

Defense

Senior Starters
LB- Tre Williams
FS - Tray Matthews
SS - Stephen Roberts

Junior Starters

Well done.
Offensive line has the cyclical appearance of 2011 post Cam.
We are well stocked with a number of enormous tackles.
Only read of one JUCO lineman on the board so far. 

Decimated at safety. Down three? Ruffin contributed greatly as a backup. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
As long as Buzz becomes AD, I'm ok with whoever stays or goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »
I've PM'd you my number at least 5 times.  Why am I not getting these group texts?
I got a text from him but it was just a pic. And of his penis.

I don’t find it funny.

But I guess he could be wanting sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
We do have 2 O-linemen returning who both started about half the season in Marquel Harrell and Prince Tega Winnebago.  Mike Horton got a lot of snaps as did Brodarious Hamm in mop up.  Don't forget 5* Calvin Ashley, who might have been in the rotation had he not been injured in Fall camp and was redshirted. 

The thing that is almost disturbing to me is no mention of the loss of Long Snapper, Ike Powell, to graduation. Yeah, sure we have super-stud, Bill Taylor, coming in with his pinpoint, laser-like snapping.  But, the consistency of IP just can't automatically be replaced by someone who has never been in the trenches.  Someone who has never had the weight of the world on his broad shoulders and Popeye-esque forearms.  I have all the faith in the world in Bill Taylor.  My God, that name alone gives you chills, doesn't it?  But, until we see him whipping a quick, tight spiral back there to the waiting holder, there will always be that hint of trepidation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
We do have 2 O-linemen returning who both started about half the season in Marquel Harrell and Prince Tega Winnebago.  Mike Horton got a lot of snaps as did Brodarious Hamm in mop up.  Don't forget 5* Calvin Ashley, who might have been in the rotation had he not been injured in Fall camp and was redshirted. 

The thing that is almost disturbing to me is no mention of the loss of Long Snapper, Ike Powell, to graduation. Yeah, sure we have super-stud, Bill Taylor, coming in with his pinpoint, laser-like snapping.  But, the consistency of IP just can't automatically be replaced by someone who has never been in the trenches.  Someone who has never had the weight of the world on his broad shoulders and Popeye-esque forearms.  I have all the faith in the world in Bill Taylor.  My God, that name alone gives you chills, doesn't it?  But, until we see him whipping a quick, tight spiral back there to the waiting holder, there will always be that hint of trepidation.

You bill by the word, don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 03:12:42 PM »
You bill by the word, don't you?

Actually, I had been looking for the opportunity to work "Trepidation" into a sentence.  It never felt quite right until the very end.  Then....I dropped that shit in there like busting a fat payload of jizz on some coke whure's face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »

Didn't we lose our snapperholder too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »
Didn't we lose our snapperholder too?

Snapperholding is so easy, even a Cave Man could do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
I have a feeling that Kerryon is gone. Stidham will test the waters, if given a good report, he might be gone too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »
Agree with all of the above.  However, I see a skrong possibility of losing the best LB we have, Deshaun Davis.
Forgot Deshaun... I'd give him an 60% he leaves
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum