Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Crossover Topic

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Crossover Topic
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »
Came across this on the book faces.  Don't know who Chantel Jennings is or what TheAthleticCFB is.  Don't care for Bama.  That's not what this is about.  But apparently, a Bama player said something about women being in the locker room following the MNC game.  Jennings took exception to it and twatted this:

"To the Alabama football player who was shocked that female sportswriters were coming into the locker room after the game: It's 2018.  I can handle myself and you can take your chauvinism elsewhere."

Below is a response to her twat.  Forget it's our rival or their fans or anything on behalf of that program.  This response speaks directly to a lot of issues going on in society today.  IF...and I say if because I just saw this on the book faces, this is true...all on the up and up...I give a hearty golf clap to the writer. 

This is an open letter to Chantel Jennings on behalf of Alabama Nation.

Dear Mrs. Jennings -

I saw your subtweet shaming a player who was shocked to find women in the locker room after a football game. It got a lot of retweets. You're cool.

If he knew you had the balls to paint yourself as a victim in a situation where adults are pushing each other for access to half naked teenagers he might not have taken issue with you being a woman.

You had a right to be there - but that doesn't make your actions right. This is the first time some of these players have been to a bowl game. The rules of the game are the same but everything else is different - the stadium, the atmosphere - and the access reporters have to players.

You attributed this player's shock to chauvinism and, to your credit, followed the established grievance process to file a formal complaint.

Haha just kidding. You subtweet shamed a teenager in front of 32,000 followers like a middle school mean girl because apparently you believe that's how professional adults who can handle themselves, handle themselves. If it helps, no one is shocked that you're offended. That's kind of your thing. Let's talk about it anyway.   Oh shit.

We want players to be dominant. We cheer their savagery. We reward their ferocity. We see them as giants - explosive offensive and defensive weapons and all of them strong. But they're not.

They're kids. They are 18, 19 and 20 year old kids. They're huge kids. They're tough kids. They're hard working, athletic and talented kids - but they are kids. They may tower over most men but inside they are still learning how to be one.

Some of them will play on Sundays and make millions of dollars. Most won't. Most of them have moms and dads and support outside of that locker room. Some don't. Some of them look at coaches who teach them how to ball as second fathers. Some of them never had a first to teach them anything. You may have access to the locker room, Mrs. Jennings, but it's plain you don't know a damn thing about it - and that's not because you're a woman.

That's because you're small. You can't see past your own pettiness. You presume self importance in a place of sacrifice. You howl about pride wounds from perceived slights in a place where people bleed for each other. I'll give you a hint. It's not about you.

Maybe this kid was out of line. Maybe a staffer at practice told him about reporters being in the locker room after the game but he was too distracted by the pressure of performing on the biggest stage of his entire life to pay attention to anything except the game faces on his team mates that gave him courage.

Maybe he was taught modesty. Maybe it was beaten into him. Maybe he was sexually abused. Maybe this kid put his big bad game face back on when the locker room where he felt safe was invaded by strangers he didn't trust.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it was shock. Maybe it was chauvinism.

...or maybe it was fear. Maybe it was anger. Maybe it was both. Maybe it was all of the above. Maybe the southern baptist upbringing ingrained in him since birth took over and he was trying to protect you - or maybe something else took over and this teenage kid was protecting himself from you. Maybe not. Maybe a kid just made a mistake. Maybe the adult in the situation should act like one.

Maybe we will never know the truth but one thing is for certain, Mrs. Jennings. You don't know the facts and that makes your actions not only that of a poor adult but also a bad reporter - one who clearly cannot handle herself.

-Bobby Wesson
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:54:40 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Crossover Topic
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:06:26 PM »
I like it.

I frankly don't see the need for men or women to be in the locker room where players are showering and changing clothes. 

I've had to do it in the past.  I was in the locker room for interviews in Atlanta back when Deion played with the Reds.  I didn't need to see his junk.  But he stood there in all his 'glory' talking to somebody else while I was there talking to the player I came to interview.  Deion tugged on, scratched and handled his bits while they dangled less than two feet from my face.  I saw female reporters follow players into the shower and ask questions while dudes were trying to wash off.

What's the point of that? 

Why is it necessary for anyone to discuss an at-bat, a touchdown, a fumble recovery, a home run, a strikeout, a stolen base or anything game related while the interviewee is swinging his dick around? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »
I like it.

I frankly don't see the need for men or women to be in the locker room where players are showering and changing clothes. 

I've had to do it in the past.  I was in the locker room for interviews in Atlanta back when Deion played with the Reds.  I didn't need to see his junk.  But he stood there in all his 'glory' talking to somebody else while I was there talking to the player I came to interview.  Deion tugged on, scratched and handled his bits while they dangled less than two feet from my face.  I saw female reporters follow players into the shower and ask questions while dudes were trying to wash off.

Why is it necessary for anyone to discuss an at-bat, a touchdown, a fumble recovery, a home run, a strikeout, a stolen base or anything game related while the interviewee is swinging his dick around?

Can we all just drop the mic here?  Huh?  Come on, raise em' up.  Now....drop em'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 01:31:32 AM »
They all want to be part of the locker room until you shake it at them and slap them on the ass!

In the 80s they said we can handle it.
In 2017 they are now saying it's sexual assault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:00:33 AM »
I like it.

Not that it matters, because it doesn’t. It’s just for my knowledge because this leaves me to wonder.

Did you ever rub up against Deion’s junk? Could you smell it?

Do you really think it’s fair to tease some of the posters on here with risqué posts like this?

It’s kind of evil, if you ask me. Like talking about how good a crack high  is  in front of crackheads.

But it really is a good high though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
If it had been a male reporter in a women's locker room under the same circumstances, we all know where this would have gone.  I have a general disdain for the media anyway, so maybe I'm biased.  I just think that they are out of control. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler