Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:55 PM »
Safety, Derwin James, of FSU declared earlier this week and went ahead and said he's not playing in their Bowl game.  Understandable.  Dude is a stud and has already lost one season to injury.  Stay healthy and get paid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 03:51:50 PM »
I have a feeling that Kerryon is gone. Stidham will test the waters, if given a good report, he might be gone too.
Stidham definitely benefits from another season and we are sunk without him, especially with our injury prone abused backs. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:53:37 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »
Stidham definitely benefits from another season and we are sunk without him, especially with our injury prone abused backs.   Inability to develop non-juco QB's.

:haha:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:07:16 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »
I understand there is about a Grand Canyon's difference between most college QB's and a top tier NFL signal caller.  But watching the SECCG, there were several times Stidham either got sacked or he threw the ball away.  They'd show the replay and while it looked like all our guys were covered, I couldn't help thinking that in the NFL, just about all of those WR's would be "wide open".  Next time you can stomach an NFL game (I admit, I've semi gone back to watching a little of it) notice how over half the completed passes are caught with about a 6 inch margin for error. Those guys have such timing and can deliver it with such accuracy, that all the receiver has to do is have that one-half step on the guy, that inside position or make the break to the outside at exactly the right time.

It's not that I care about New England or the Packers or Steelers.  But damn, it's hard not to appreciate the timing and accuracy of Brady, Rodgers and Rapelissburger.  I certainly don't expect Stidham to be anywhere in that same universe, but there are plenty of times I'm thinking if he would just pull the trigger and trust his receiver to do his job.  Don't wait until there's 5 yards of separation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
I understand there is about a Grand Canyon's difference between most college QB's and a top tier NFL signal caller.  But watching the SECCG, there were several times Stidham either got sacked or he threw the ball away.  They'd show the replay and while it looked like all our guys were covered, I couldn't help thinking that in the NFL, just about all of those WR's would be "wide open".  Next time you can stomach an NFL game (I admit, I've semi gone back to watching a little of it) notice how over half the completed passes are caught with about a 6 inch margin for error. Those guys have such timing and can deliver it with such accuracy, that all the receiver has to do is have that one-half step on the guy, that inside position or make the break to the outside at exactly the right time.

It's not that I care about New England or the Packers or Steelers.  But damn, it's hard not to appreciate the timing and accuracy of Brady, Rodgers and Rapelissburger.  I certainly don't expect Stidham to be anywhere in that same universe, but there are plenty of times I'm thinking if he would just pull the trigger and trust his receiver to do his job.  Don't wait until there's 5 yards of separation.

Hating merica is no way to go through life son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »

Death to the infidel Americans. Long live NFL. 

I said earlier that I knew I'd come back at some point.  The anthem protests genuinely pissed me off.  I hated those mofo's for doing it and I refused to watch even 5 seconds of a game if I was flipping channels and came across one.  But in recent weeks, I've found myself checking out a little bit of a game here and there. Either Sunday or Monday, I just flat out watched the Steelers and Bengals.  Enjoyed it too.

I think it's more a matter of all the media attention over the protests has pretty much died out and I don't even know if anyone is still doing it.  I just want my football.  I want my entertainment.  Please leave all the politics and other shit out of it.  That being said.....

The Dirty Birds beat those Cheatin' Ass Saints last night.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »

Sunk without him. Not asked to make the more difficult throws.
Lack of separation or hesitation on Stidham's part...we will likely never know.
But for our fancy high school needs he is very accurate. Maybe not top five NFL prospect but good enough. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 05:23:04 PM »
Treasonous!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
Death to the infidel Americans. Long live NFL. 

I said earlier that I knew I'd come back at some point.  The anthem protests genuinely pissed me off.  I hated those mofo's for doing it and I refused to watch even 5 seconds of a game if I was flipping channels and came across one.  But in recent weeks, I've found myself checking out a little bit of a game here and there. Either Sunday or Monday, I just flat out watched the Steelers and Bengals.  Enjoyed it too.

I think it's more a matter of all the media attention over the protests has pretty much died out and I don't even know if anyone is still doing it.  I just want my football.  I want my entertainment.  Please leave all the politics and other shit out of it.  That being said.....

The Dirty Birds beat those Cheatin' Ass Saints last night.

It’s not hard to be strong when you have conviction!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »

It’s not hard to be strong when you have conviction!

I’ve been charged. But no convictions.   

Witnesses have a way of disappearing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
I’ve been charged. But no convictions.   

Witnesses have a way of disappearing

No “S”!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 08:05:43 AM »

No “S”!
Diappearing?

That’s stupid. Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 11:06:05 PM »
I did a whole breakdown of this to my text group friends.

Oh wait you aren't in that one...hold on
The new friends?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
Mentioned in another thread, but topical for this one:

D. Russell is staying for his senior season.  That's huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »
Mentioned in another thread, but topical for this one:

D. Russell is staying for his senior season.  That's huge.

Hoping this becomes a trend for the rest of the ones discussed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »
Hoping this becomes a trend for the rest of the ones discussed.

I think it's all about the draft grades. KJ and Carlton have much higher ceilings to the experts than DR. But I hope you're right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
Kamryn Pettway didn't travel with the team. Imo, he's Audi 5000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
Kamryn Pettway didn't travel with the team. Imo, he's Audi 5000.

pffft.  old news.  my info gets around quicker on my new skreets. 

we roll 1 deep anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »
pffft.  old news.  my info gets around quicker on my new skreets. 

we roll 1 deep anyway.

What, Coach Gus' Peach Bowl conference. Ya, Pettway is at home with his family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »
What, Coach Gus' Peach Bowl conference. Ya, Pettway is at home with his family.

i have friends with deep pockets and deep ties.  small penises though.  they give me text alerts all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions