Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official I’m Sorry thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Official I’m Sorry thread
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 11:02:53 PM »
I think someone took the thread way too seriously.

GH2001 say: Ill eat crow. And I think Jay's situation is much of it.

Snags say:  I think GH did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
GH2001 say: Ill eat crow. And I think Jay's situation is much of it.

Snags say:  I think GH did.

Keywords. "Way too".

And yes I think Jay has to do with A LOT of it. Have a boss breath down your neck. Always fearing for your job and see how you perform. Or how long you want to stick around. It happened with Tubs as well. We know this. Read Scarbinsky's article from a week or so ago. The two men have a fractured relationship and have for a while.

And the eating crow part has everything to do with how low all of us we're putting his coaching ability at - on a 6th grade peewee fb level most of the season. That was never true. We were all just pissed. Me included. At times it looked like peewee fb. But he's not that level of a coach overall and we all know it. Eating some crow on that doesn't mean anyone is saying he isn't without flaw.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:18:57 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »
Keywords. "Way too".

And yes I think Jay has to do with A LOT of it. Have a boss breath down your neck. Always fearing for your job and see how you perform. Or how long you want to stick around. It happened with Tubs as well. We know this. Read Scarbinsky's article from a week or so ago. The two men have a fractured relationship and have for a while.

And the eating crow part has everything to do with how low all of us we're putting his coaching ability at - on a 6th grade peewee fb level most of the season. That was never true. We were all just pissed. Me included. At times it looked like peewee fb. But he's not that level of a coach overall and we all know it. Eating some crow on that doesn't mean anyone is saying he isn't without flaw.

One big PFFFFFFFFFFT.......  Let's talk about Malzahn/Jay for a moment.

Jacobs having any influence whatsoever on Malzahn's coaching???  Two words.  B & S.  There has been ZERO evidence of the following.  Unless you or anyone can show me that Jay Jacobs:

*Had any say in who Malzahn recruited.
*Had any say in the strength and conditioning program or how players were developed.
*How practices were conducted or what fundamentals were stressed...what drills were run.
*How they came out of the tunnel
*How pre-game warm ups were run
*What uniforms they wore
*Whether or not we played 5 QB's in a game when we didn't have 5 on the roster
*Whether or not one of those non QB's would fake 6 hand offs and then do a twirly-bird and heave it to the other team
*Whether or not we would have absolutely no back up plan when a QB went down with injury
*Going to Clemson with the entire playbook written on a coffee stained napkin and consisting of "Run injured Kam 62 times in middle.  Throw long."
*Was on a headset in the press box in Baton Rude saying, "I don't give a damn if it's been 14 straight runs up the middle on first down.  I'm Jay Fucking Jacobs.  Run it again"

We're just covering the last year.  Unless you can show me that Jay did any of that, then he had no influence whatsoever on Malzahn's coaching.  As for a fractured relationship and breathing down his neck? How exactly does that affect play calling?  Enquiring minds want to know.  You can't call a game like last night because you and the AD are on the outs?  Nor do you run it up the middle 16 times in a row just because you and your boss don't get along.  If you're that much of a mental midget and taking $5 mil per from said boss, you don't need to be the head of a D1 program.  As a matter of fact, it should be the opposite.  Said coach should be saying nothing less than, "I'll show that asshole."     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
Finish.

It has to happen.
We have to finish off Georgia and win the SEC Title.
That matters to ME.
Then it's more or less come what may because it's sort of who you draw from there.

Right now my own selfish concern is having a healthy beast at RB to make this offense click. Stidham will deliver but we need a solid ground game to eat clock and rest our defense.

I keep wishing for Pettway to make a remarkable recovery and be in game shape. The effort by KJ has been amazing. He's been our mvp, our Marcus Allen. Has he got anything left?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »
And...Tubs' problems at the end had nothing to do with Jay Jacobs.  Now rewind to 2003.  Did his bosses try to get rid of him? How did he respond?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 12:39:56 AM »
And...Tubs' problems at the end had nothing to do with Jay Jacobs.  Now rewind to 2003.  Did his bosses try to get rid of him? How did he respond?
Jacob's is only leaving because of legal problems with womens softball and mens basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »
I think someone took the thread way too seriously.
^^^This, exactly.

Not sure I’ve seen someone so out touch since Chizad had a nervous breakdown about finding out he was bi.

Everyone else on here has been very mature and apologetic.

This poster is mad that Auburn won. And looked great doing so.

You’d think he’d be used to being wrong by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »
I'm so sorry I broke your heart, mother
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »
^^^This, exactly.

Not sure I’ve seen someone so out touch since Chizad had a nervous breakdown about finding out he was bi.

Everyone else on here has been very mature and apologetic.

This poster is mad that Auburn won. And looked great doing so.

You’d think he’d be used to being wrong by now.
https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-second-half-gus-malzahn-turnaround

NO, it's the promise of this. And if he keeps this promise some of us doubters, myself included, will restore his driving privileges.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »
I'm with Snaggs.  Gus has proven the past three weeks that he can be a head coach, but why has it taken this long?  Give me some consistency year in and year out and only then will I eat crow.  Still not going to hurt my feelings if he goes to the pigs.  He goes, bring in Bill Clark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
I'm with Snaggs.  Gus has proven the past three weeks that he can be a head coach, but why has it taken this long?  Give me some consistency year in and year out and only then will I eat crow.  Still not going to hurt my feelings if he goes to the pigs.  He goes, bring in Bill Clark.

To Bill Clark.  One hell of a man.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »
To keep a total: everyone else: rational and apologetic. Happy AU won
Bgreene: wants Bill Clark (understandable)
Snags and jmar: old, wrong and crabby. Hate AU. Not on Gus 🚌. Dicks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 09:53:17 AM »
There's no doubt in my mind that Gus can coach. But he can't slum here at Auburn the way Saban did at Michigan State and expect us to accept it. BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saban at Mich. St. 34-24-1            Gus at AU 45-20

I think we have our guy but agree on the consistency.
Eliminate inexplicable loses and coach to win.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »
We are at a disadvantage in our discussions with Gus, however.

It is a coach/agent's market; multiple clusterfucks abound.

We DO NOT want to be shopping this year.

Pay him.  Pay that man his money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »

Yeah, I have no desire to be involved in a coaching search right now, and I'm certainly not suggesting in any of my diatribe above that Gus be runt offt.  More looking at his history here and begging for a little more consistency, especially with the talent we have, and have had.

On that note, I also don't want to see this administration, whoever is calling the shots, make the mistake of getting all giddy when things go well and re-work Gus' contract. (We have a long history of doing that)  If you want to reward the man for job well done in beating our rivals and winning the West, then stroke him a one-time big ole check.  Because guess what?  Beating our rivals and winning the West is what we expected when you signed your current contract.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:41:49 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »

^^this man may be a liberal commie but he’s right about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »

Correct.
And our head coach can take Saban's five stars and beat our 3 and 4 stars...so there's that too.  :taunt: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
Checked the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  Read the quotes from Malzahn yesterday on everything from playing Georgia again to the status of individual players and their availability for Saturday.  The very last quote was:

On if he's committed to Auburn in 2018: "I'm honored to be the head coach at Auburn."

Was that one blip selected from a 5 sentence answer where he said I'll absolutely be back?  Or was that it?  Because nothing in that says commitment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »

On that note, I also don't want to see this administration, whoever is calling the shots, make the mistake of getting all giddy when things go well and re-work Gus' contract. (We have a long history of doing that)  If you want to reward the man for job well done in beating our rivals and winning the West, then stroke him a one-time big ole check.  Because guess what?  Beating our rivals and winning the West is what we expected when you signed your current contract.
It’s obvious to anyone who is paying attention that you don’t want Gus to succeed. It’s like Chizzy and Wes with Trump.

You wish for his demise
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:34:40 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
Keywords. "Way too".

jay isn't a douche.  moron, yes. 

they're serving crow on the Gus Bus...tofu crow too.  enjoy that crow.  i'll eat it in 2 to 3 seasons...free range, organic of course.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions