Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official I’m Sorry thread

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: Official I’m Sorry thread
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
So 5 weeks erases 3 1/2 years for you? Look, everyone is on Cloud 9 about what just happened.  But 5 short weeks ago, the only discussion on this board concerned a list of potential names to replace Gus Malzahn.  Nobody is saying fire Gus.  The few of us slowing our roll are asking to see this type of coaching throughout next year and beyond.  Not demanding wins like this every week but knowing our coach maximized the potential of his team.  He's done that in maybe half the games this year and served up two shit sandwiches.  Just glad he "figured it out" at the right time. 

Which leads me to a question.  Just what is the difference?  Did he say screw it and I'm running what I did at Tulsa? (I have no idea what he ran there).  Did he turn it all over to Chip and let him run with it?  Did he and Chip find a way to collaborate and double-team the schemes and play calling?  It has to be one of the above.

Another question.  Guess who is suddenly one of the hottest, up and coming offensive minds in college football, and who could easily bolt for a Mid Major?
No. Not at all but I think this is where we as fans become a little egregious and simply lay all the blame at the feet of Gus. When you take a more objective view, you start to notice some things.

The way 2014 ended was a product of a defensive collapse, pure and simple. Hell we scored 44 in the Iron Bowl, lost by 11, and gave up close to 40 points a game in those 5 losses. What does Gus do? Within 3 years, delivers one of the best Auburn defenses I've seen in my 39 years.

I think many will agree 2015 and 2016 were the product of terrible QB play/injuries to the QB position. Throw in a suspect route tree sometimes and we were shutdown against quality defenses. We will never know how those 2 seasons ended if Sean would've stayed healthy. Would AU have won the SEC? Doubtful but ask Jimbo down at FSU what its like to play the season without your QB. Of course today, here we are, with the best QB in the SEC and outscoring SEC team by an average of 41-19.

Not that they even truly matter (besides being an ego stroke for us fans) but go ahead and take an objective look at our 2 losses. Auburn played the defending NC and currently the new #1 team in the country (also the 3rd AU has played this season) on the road. Hell many might just look at that alone kind understand a loss happening. Yet, Auburn was also without Kerryon, had a banged up Pettway and a QB who had 3 starts in his career along with not having played in a game in almost 2 years. Throw in a new OC just 1 game into the season and you can kinda see why we lost 14-6. Of course after the loss every Auburn fan (myself included) didn't give a shit about any of that. We were just pissed Auburn didn't win and went with the good ole' screw Gus.

Auburn fans (again myself included) did the same after the LSU game too. Nobody said shit about losing Tre William, Tray Matthews, and 3 guys on our O-line after we got up 20-0. Nope all everyone need see was the stat about running the ball 17x on first down and it was time to burn it all to the ground. Now I still agree that the offense got conservative way too early but looking back on how damn ferocious this defense is, can you sit here and tell me Gus was a damn fool to think they could hold a 20 point lead?

Like I said, I was pissed as anyone at Gus after that LSU game, but I was wrong in thinking this guy isn't one hell of a coach. Hes definitely a top 10 coach. Wins it all this year and it can easily be argued hes top 5. I'd bet money, they are 12 other schools in this league, along with roughly 120 FBS schools that would've hired him yesterday if they thought he'd go there. To think Auburn could easily replace him or needs to be cautious about increasing his buyout to much is arrogant as hell honestly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:01 PM »
Let me splain something to the few of you that are not digesting crow. I’m not mad at you. You’re football ignorant and it’s not your fault.

Probably played the tuba or in the drum line and try to talk football to fit in with the boys. No need to be embarrassed but listen closely to what we’ve been trying to tell you.

Gus is the head guy. When we suck, like the 2nd half of lsu, he gets most of the blame. 2012 season, etc. it’s on Gus.

When we play well, Gus gets most of the credit. It doesn’t make a shit who was calling plays. I hope it was Chip. That’s what Gus hires him to do.

AU Just beat 2 number one teams in 3 weeks. Screw your “consistency” calls. This team is playing better than I’ve seen an Auburn team play, all around. If we fix kick offs and punts a little, we very well may win it all.

As K pointed out, they didn’t just win. They beat them.

I can tell you, even if they were to lose in ATL, they won’t lay an egg. Personally, I think we are 10 points better with a walk on RB.

Just eat your crow. Or, continue to look like you were in the color guard. Makes not a shit to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »
So 5 weeks erases 3 1/2 years for you?  Look, everyone is on Cloud 9 about what just happened.  But 5 short weeks ago, the only discussion on this board concerned a list of potential names to replace Gus Malzahn.  Nobody is saying fire Gus.  The few of us slowing our roll are asking to see this type of coaching throughout next year and beyond.  Not demanding wins like this every week but knowing our coach maximized the potential of his team.  He's done that in maybe half the games this year and served up two shit sandwiches.  Just glad he "figured it out" at the right time. 

Which leads me to a question.  Just what is the difference?  Did he say screw it and I'm running what I did at Tulsa? (I have no idea what he ran there).  Did he turn it all over to Chip and let him run with it?  Did he and Chip find a way to collaborate and double-team the schemes and play calling?  It has to be one of the above.

Another question.  Guess who is suddenly one of the hottest, up and coming offensive minds in college football, and who could easily bolt for a Mid Major?
That's me... slowing my roll. We have looked really good on offense since the second half of the LSU game. I haven't been screaming obscenities at the television since that game.   
All I want is for Gus to play to win.
It's that simple.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
Some of you guys have a hell of a revisionist history going on.

2014, wasted Marshall. 2015, JJ sucked ass. Why did Gus not see that coming?

Hell, in 2016, Gus didn't even play Sean in the fucking Clemson game. We used 3 QB's and a twirly bird.

Clemson game this year was much of the same. LSU, as mad as I have ever been at a coach.

Hopefully all that shit is behind him, but to sit here and say snags isn't being objective is FAAAAAR from accurate...

Hes definitely a top 10 coach. Wins it all this year and it can easily be argued hes top 5. I'd bet money, they are 12 other schools in this league, along with roughly 120 FBS schools that would've hired him yesterday if they thought he'd go there. 

Dude, after the LSU game, I am not sure he would have been hired at ANY of the TOP power 5 schools...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:19:11 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
 :facepalm:What matters now is that we are in position to play for it all.

Not what our record was in 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 03:34:19 PM »

You just shut up.  I want to relive every bad AU football moment for the last 10 years.  And maybe throw in some of the Girl's Volleyball program frustrations from that time period as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

Well, Gus wasn't at Auburn in 2012, so yeah...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »

What are you wearing, Gene from State Farm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
I'm getting highly confused.  Is Greg Schiano coming or not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
I'm getting highly confused.  Is Greg Schiano coming or not?
We're holding out for John L. Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »
You just shut up.  I want to relive every bad AU football moment for the last 10 years.  And maybe throw in some of the Girl's Volleyball program frustrations from that time period as well.
I swear all this negativity has me wanting to let my CTE loose on some mofos.

I will beat somebody like a dust bowl rug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »
Gruden or bust!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »
I swear all this negativity has me wanting to let my CTE loose on some mofos.

I will beat somebody like a dust bowl rug.
Simmer down WT.
No need to dislodge a plate or shear a pin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 04:37:38 PM »
Are we the only fan base that can beat down our two biggest rivals, both while they're undefeated and ranked #1, and still have a bitch-and-moan fest the Monday after?  Surely that's not unique to us, right?

Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
Are we the only fan base that can beat down our two biggest rivals, both while they're undefeated and ranked #1, and still have a bitch-and-moan fest the Monday after?  Surely that's not unique to us, right?

Right?

I don't think anyone here is bitching or moaning. Quite the opposite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2017, 04:45:23 PM »
What happens this weekend in Atlanta if Gus shits the bed...are y'all throwing up your crow?

I don't get the urgency to flip a 180.

As far as Jay...glad you have been around him a time or two.  Perhaps douche was the wrong word...asshole?  I don't perceive him the way you describe him as the unrelenting boss make me some damn coffee kind of guy.

Not a 180. Moving more toward the middle. Neither extreme is good. Is he Vince Lombardi? No.  Is he mike Dubose? No. That's all I'm saying. Many of us were saying the latter. And I don't think this excuses him from ever fucking up again. It may happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2017, 04:46:22 PM »
I don't think anyone here is bitching or moaning. Quite the opposite.

This^^^  Ogre is a drive-by pot stirrer.  :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
This^^^  Ogre is a drive-by pot stirrer.  :bowl:

I thought that was what you did with this thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
Not a 180. Moving more toward the middle. Neither extreme is good. Is he Vince Lombardi? No.  Is he mike Dubose? No. That's all I'm saying. Many of us were saying the latter. And I don't think this excuses him from ever fucking up again. It may happen.
Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions