Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official I’m Sorry thread

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Official I’m Sorry thread
« on: November 25, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
I’m sorry Gus.  I really am.  I didn’t think you could learn. But you did.  Coincidentally or not, you’ve coached like a completely different man since the Jacobstross was removed from your neck.

We didn’t beat Georgia or Alabama by some fluke, miracle or prayer. We were straight up man to man fucking better than they were.  Didn’t think it was possible.

I’m sorry I turned away.  I was wrong. 

There are still things that baffle me. But not today.  Today you earned it. You earned a ridiculously Jacobsian extension.

I humbly apologize. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Official I’m Sorry thread
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 07:29:36 PM »
Is Snags still going to fire him?

Woot boys! That was impressive. Other than the fumble, I was very, very impressed.

We looked great against a good team. 👍
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
I’m sorry Gus.  I really am.  I didn’t think you could learn. But you did.  Coincidentally or not, you’ve coached like a completely different man since the Jacobstross was removed from your neck.

We didn’t beat Georgia or Alabama by some fluke, miracle or prayer. We were straight up man to man fucking better than they were.  Didn’t think it was possible.

I’m sorry I turned away.  I was wrong. 

There are still things that baffle me. But not today.  Today you earned it. You earned a ridiculously Jacobsian extension.

I humbly apologize.

Yeah.  That should quiet most of the critics.  Myself included, obviously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 08:45:28 PM »
Yeah.  That should quiet most of the critics.  Myself included, obviously.
Yep. You were an idiot for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »
Whatever it was, I am thankfully for it.

A thanksgiving miracle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »
Anybody have any recipes for crow?  Asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
You all looking like a bunch of morons for calling for Gus’ head is only part of the story.

Do you remember a more dominating win? Maybe dominating isn’t the word. But there was s little doubt who was the better team tonight.

I still think they are very good. And I know they are banged up. They are always going to “what if” and second guess. But Shazam!

We spanked that ass on both sides, we did.

That was sweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »
Whatever it was, I am thankfully for it.

A thanksgiving miracle!
That was more of a Thanksgiving ass whipping, IMO.

And honestly, I only thought we’d see an ass whipping like that today, if I finally caught up with Chizzy. Color me surprised at the severity. Not that we won but how convincing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »
Best quote of the day:  "A few years ago we had the Kick 6...this year we gonna have the kick ass!"  - Sir Charles
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:39:31 PM »
Can't take away the last 3 weeks...nope not at all. Don't want to either...War Damn Eagle!  Eating crow, apologizing, and all that other jazz...not so fast my friend. Gus needs to give us consistency. 

Glad Jay is gone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »

Glad Jay is gone.

That may have been the issue all along!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 02:22:02 AM »
Can't take away the last 3 weeks...nope not at all. Don't want to either...War Damn Eagle!  Eating crow, apologizing, and all that other jazz...not so fast my friend. Gus needs to give us consistency. 

Glad Jay is gone.
This^^^
Gus is currently managing very well which is what we wanted from him all along. There is no need for apologies if he allows Lindsey to do his job.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We are one of the four however
it appears we just lost KJ and Matthews. And as good as we have been, we are now vulnerable next week.

Have to manage and game plan around critical injuries if we are to continue.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:23:34 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 02:31:13 AM »
This^^^
Gus is currently managing very well which is what we wanted from him all along. There is no need for apologies if he allows Lindsey to do his job.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We are one of the four however
it appears we just lost KJ and Matthews. And as good as we have been, we are now vulnerable next week.

Have to manage and game plan around critical injuries if we are to continue.
Auburn will beat Georgia with 4th String RB Malik Miller & 5th String RB Devon Barrett
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 03:47:05 AM »
Auburn will beat Georgia with 4th String RB Malik Miller & 5th String RB Devon Barrett
Hopefully but neither has proven they can move the chains like Pettway and KJ.
We owned the time of possession v. Bama due largely on KJ's super effort and Steele's defense getting after it. Add two key runs by Stidham.
That said, I can hate on UGA and its fanbase till the cows come home but its tough to beat a rival twice. Yes we dominated them three weeks ago at home when we were healthy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »
Ill eat crow. And I think Jay's situation is much of it. It is no coincidence that we started going lights out when Jay started to become headline fodder and then when it officially became true - that he was out. It was like Gus got rejuventaed and was coaching to win, not to just "not lose" and safe.

Would also like to apologize to Stidham. It took him half the season, but he's come around. That was impressive. His completion % is sick the last 6 games. He's as good a QB as there is in the conference. He had 2 years of rust that took a while to knock off. But he has now. He's become the gunslinger we thought he would be now. He's learned what to do under pressure now. And I like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
I ain't apologizing for shit.  He finally did what he should have done the last 3 wasted years.  Why weren't you coaching this way then?  Because of Jacobs?  Are you people on crack? 

I'm as happy as any Auburn fan about the way they've finished.  This weekend was epic.  Bananas even.  Consistency is the key.  Finally finding the missing formula, which may have been as simple as STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, after shitting the bed since 2013, ain't apologize worthy.  It's "Good, you're finally earning your $5 million a year" worthy.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »
I ain't apologizing for shit.  He finally did what he should have done the last 3 wasted years.  Why weren't you coaching this way then?  Because of Jacobs?  Are you people on crack? 

I'm as happy as any Auburn fan about the way they've finished.  This weekend was epic.  Bananas even.  Consistency is the key.  Finally finding the missing formula, which may have been as simple as STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, after shitting the bed since 2013, ain't apologize worthy.  It's "Good, you're finally earning your $5 million a year" worthy.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
What’s really funny is how people can say the dumbest thing over and over. Then, when it’s proved wrong, they somehow believe refusing to apologize makes them look right?

It doesn’t. Just makes them look like a bigger dumbass.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 07:41:02 PM »
I ain't apologizing for shoot.  He finally did what he should have done the last 3 wasted years.  Why weren't you coaching this way then?  Because of Jacobs?  Are you people on crack? 

I'm as happy as any Auburn fan about the way they've finished.  This weekend was epic.  Bananas even.  Consistency is the key.  Finally finding the missing formula, which may have been as simple as STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, after shootting the bed since 2013, ain't apologize worthy.  It's "Good, you're finally earning your $5 million a year" worthy.     
Two Shea
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »

I think someone took the thread way too seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE