Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05:49 PM »
What? No mention of the loss to USCe?

Not good for the good guys. Mclemore goes down with a dislocated ankle.
Where we go from here?...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »

We suck again.... All kidding aside. I liked what I saw and Pearl has my full support. With Mc down the 16 is going to be brutal. Going forward. I like the odds.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2018, 11:06:55 PM »

Damnit what a tough loss. Our best defender and presence on the blocks is gone. He generally performed without getting in foul trouble and his absence will make us very vulnerable down low.

FWIW I don't see us folding up but I don't think we finish first in the SEC regular season. We don't discuss injuries much and rightly so. If I'm superstitious about anything it's that.
Just hate it for the kid. Could actually see him developing into a top notch power forward going into next season.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:09:48 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
SC played the perfect strategy: ours.  They played smothering defense and scored off the ensuing turnovers/chaos.  It was Pearl's strategy, but their players were all much bigger than ours.

McLemore...fuck that hurts.  SEC shot-block leader who, as mentioned, avoids foul trouble and contributes around the offensive bucket as well.  I really feared, due to body language, that the team might fold up in the 2nd half.  Huge credit to Pearl and the kids for rallying back from 26 down to get within 5. 

But for the SC possession at about 4:45 (2nd) where they got 4 offensive opportunities and gassed our defense, I believe the Tigers could have pulled it out.

Still lots to play for, but having 8 scholly players for a tourney run doesn't bode particularly well.

Also re: McLemore: he had a blocked shot, rebound, steal and disrupted inbound pass...in the first 1:30 of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2018, 12:09:43 AM »
Some of the shitty media types have dropped us in their projections, even citing McLemore's injury as a cautionary reason...as if they even knew his name before somebody told them.
All the while they are raising other teams that have played far below expectations just to call them "trendy" picks.
I hope to hell we are able to overcome the loss and somehow win the league and come out of the SEC tournament with some momentum.
I'm mentally derranged but UCONN made a little run back in 2013-14 with a similar 8 man lineup so we still have a lot of life. That team lost six conference games and weren't particularly good on the glass. Ok they did have Shabazz Napier (who?) to take over a game but nobody remembers much else about that team.
Just saying... there's a chance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:00:18 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »
Some of the shitty media types have dropped us in their projections, even citing McLemore's injury as a cautionary reason...as if they even knew his name before somebody told them.
All the while they are raising other teams that have played far below expectations just to call them "trendy" picks.
I hope to hell we are able to overcome the loss and somehow win the league and come out of the SEC tournament with some momentum.
I'm mentally derranged but UCONN made a little run back in 2013-14 with a similar 8 man lineup so we still have a lot of life. That team lost six conference games and weren't particularly good on the glass. Ok they did have Shabazz Napier (who?) to take over a game but nobody remembers much else about that team.
Just saying... there's a chance.
Imus was fired for making nappy comments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
Imus was fired for making nappy comments.
He was only suspended.
So that makes it OK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
Speaking of nappy headed hoes, what is up with the bloomin' onion hairdo's on these players this year?  I think all of Bama's players have this tangled mop look.  Seeing so many of them around the college hoops game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:08 PM »
Speaking of nappy headed hoes, what is up with the bloomin' onion hairdo's on these players this year?  I think all of Bama's players have this tangled mop look.  Seeing so many of them around the college hoops game.

I don't know Don. Why don't you look into that and bring it up on tomorrow's show. IF you are still here!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2018, 03:17:56 PM »
I really want to see the Tigers win tomorrow night so I can commission someone to create a video of Mustapha dressed as Mario hopping all over the mushrooms in red jerseys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
I don't know Don. Why don't you look into that and bring it up on tomorrow's show. IF you are still here!
I really think that the second suspension needs to be skipped and go straight to expulsion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »
sometimes I dreadlock my pubes.

I’m sure you may have noticed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
Heron is going to be a game-time decision.  Fucking flu.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2018, 08:43:11 PM »
Heron is going to be a game-time decision.  Fucking flu.

Meanwhile the NCAA lets all of Bamas illegal players participate, flu or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »
DAAAAAYYYYUUUMMM....do y'all see what Duke is doing to Louisville?  I mean, wow!!!

Is anybody else playing tonight?  Any other good games on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
With only 7 guys, AU kicks the turds in the nuts 90-71!

Can’t keep it up with only 7, but for a game or two, helluva an effort!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
With only 7 guys, AU kicks the turds in the nuts 90-71!

Can’t keep it up with only 7, but for a game or two, helluva an effort!

You fulla shit.  I can keep 7 up long as she needs it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »
You fulla shit.  I can keep 7 up long as she needs it.
Heck thats nuttin. My said give her 12 inches and make it hurt. I fucked her 3 times and punched her in the mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2018, 12:00:32 AM »
Told coach we should move Chuma to cornerback uh Center. He controlled the inside for us.
Dunbar brought it too with 14 points and 7 rebounds. And Harper is hands down the best point guard in the league.
We beat them on the boards, 8 more offensively, had 5 more assists and only turned it over 9 times to their 17.

14 steals for AU!
Turds had 4.
Great team victory.
ESPN charts where the points were scored on the floor and we spread it around the arc and crushed them inside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2018, 08:43:32 AM »
Question.  Have they changed the halftime dealio?  From what I understand, all they did was get a bunch of chicks from both schools making feel good nicey nice at mid court while the band played the fight song.  Isn't the SGA Prez from the opposing school supposed to sing it?

Or are we at the point where that would be considered a micro aggression and require immediate safe space time for said singer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions