Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2018, 04:12:28 PM »
If an emphasis is placed on getting the the points from the stripe it always gives you a good chance to be successful.  A cursory look at the games thus far tells me that we are at about 17-11 shooting free throws the way we have the last three forever years.
Troof!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2018, 10:55:05 PM »
Fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »
The reality is...this is NOT the time to be hitting your down streak.  College basketball is all about momentum heading into tourney time.  I know it was 2 on the road but top 10-15 teams don't shit their pants coming down the stretch.  Right the ship.  Quickly!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »
We have no inside presence.  Bryce is apparently not healthy.  Jared is trying to do everything and getting no help.

We furked.

Ps...Mustapha is still a badass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »
Still gonna beat cocky at home on Saturday, then win 2 by the arch.  A 2 seed, should afford them the chance to get to the second round of the NCAAs at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
Still gonna beat cocky at home on Saturday, then win 2 by the arch.  A 2 seed, should afford them the chance to get to the second round of the NCAAs at least.
Losing Mclemore :awesome: has hurt us big time.  Troof is we just don't have the bodies, guys look tired and still fight.  Our scoring percentage is worse than Buzz at a bar.

Hopefully, we keep Pearl and this season is still a huge win for me regardless of what happens.  The recognition just adds for us to bring in better players.  We made the tourney, which looked to be non-existent at the beginning of this year.  Sure I want to win more, but this season is already a huge win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
Losing Mclemore :awesome: has hurt us big time.  Troof is we just don't have the bodies, guys look tired and still fight.  Our scoring percentage is worse than Buzz at a bar.

Hopefully, we keep Pearl and this season is still a huge win for me regardless of what happens.  The recognition just adds for us to bring in better players.  We made the tourney, which looked to be non-existent at the beginning of this year.  Sure I want to win more, but this season is already a huge win.
Speaking of being tired, the Big 10 is doin' it rite as far as trying to keep their teams fresh going into March Madness.  Their conference tourney is over on March 4th.  The SEC tourney is March 7-11.  Their teams will have over a week to rest up while other conferences (I assume) will jump from one tournament right to the other with no break. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:25 AM »
We have no inside presence.  Bryce is apparently not healthy.  Jared is trying to do everything and getting no help.

We furked.

Ps...Mustapha is still a badass.
All true Wes.
Couple of weeks ago I looked ahead thinking we would lose this one. Just so happens that Florida IMO is playing better than Arkansas. Both are deep and we got them back to back.
Doesn't look good the way we are shooting AND fouling with no depth.
We start so damn cold and then we get overly aggressive while trying to battle back. 
Second post game in a row where Bruce blames lack of execution which may be partially true. But working it down against a press only to hurl a miss in twelve seconds is about poor judgement when you are struggling...like an unforced error...and no chance for a free throw.
Hey when they fall it's all good!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #389 on: February 28, 2018, 11:19:40 AM »
This team just learned that life on the road in the SEC is brutal.  Those 55 foot 3s tend to fall at home when you are full of adrenaline from the crowd...not so much on the road.  The biggest difference I see from this team to the team that was on the court 2-3 weeks ago is that the previous squad found themselves down, not hitting the 3s and decided to start using the high low game to get some good inside looks and then pressure defense to get a few turnovers.  The team post McLemore is doing a little more panicking and hefting up challenged 3s instead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #390 on: February 28, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »
This team just learned that life on the road in the SEC is brutal.  Those 55 foot 3s tend to fall at home when you are full of adrenaline from the crowd...not so much on the road.  The biggest difference I see from this team to the team that was on the court 2-3 weeks ago is that the previous squad found themselves down, not hitting the 3s and decided to start using the high low game to get some good inside looks and then pressure defense to get a few turnovers.  The team post McLemore is doing a little more panicking and hefting up challenged 3s instead.
Don't bring your reasoned analysis in here.  We're playing shitty right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
Don't bring your reasoned analysis in here.  We're playing shitty right now.
i tried to tell you fuckers not to put too much stock in this team.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
This is AU basketball. The other shoe be dropping...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:40:30 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #393 on: February 28, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »
This is AU basketball. The other show be dropping...
Which show?  The Big Show?  I don't watch wrastlin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #394 on: February 28, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
Auburn Basketball:  Killing expectations since 19...hell, since forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #395 on: February 28, 2018, 02:41:05 PM »
Which show?  The Big Show?  I don't watch wrastlin
SHOE. Shoe dammit. Autocorrect!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #396 on: February 28, 2018, 04:06:18 PM »
SHOE. Shoe dammit. Autocorrect!
Are you sho?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #398 on: March 01, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
Why does Snoop Dog carry an umbrella?

Fo drizzle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
No respect.  

I flipped over to  the Ole Miss/South Carolina game for about five minutes.  Idiot announcers talking about how close Ole Miss was this season and I hear this:

"The Rebels split the season series with Auburn..."  

No.  No they did not.  I was sure of that and then even went to look to make sure again.  No.

Also.....

Remember when al.com had an orgasmic spooge fest when Alabama beat Oklahoma?  I do.  It dominated the site for several days.  There was a 68-photo gallery of celebration.  

OU might not even make the tournament after losing something like 11 of the last 13, falling to a 9 seed in their own league and getting drummed out of the Little 12 Tournament in the first round yesterday.  

Why is Alabama still considered a fairly sure bet for the tournament?  We've had much better records and performances over the years and didn't even get NIT bids.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.